Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Sun Roof Complaints

124»

Comments

• ergsumergsum Posts: 139
    I have a 2006 Sonata (45,000) and a 2007 Santa Fe (63,000) with sunroofs. No problems with leaks.
  • Don't buy one!!!! I just bought a new 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited and my sun roof leaks. It doesn't leak when it rains but it does leak when I go through a touchless ( high-pressure) car wash. My SUV is not even a month old and I already had to take it back to the dealer to get the sun roof fixed. They said they checked it out and it is fine. The the dealer told me that every Hyundai with a sun roof will leak under high pressure.
    I plan on doing whatever is necessary to get my money back.
    Good Luck!!!!!
  • Just bought a 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe. The sunroof leaks in touchless carwashes!!!!!!!!

Very happy with the vehicle except for this. It is unacceptable.
  • Greetings. I know your post is almost a year ago but I too have a 07 Santa Fe with a factory sunroof that leaks. I too have had it back to the dealer to have them tell me it's built to leak.

What I was wanting to confirm, is with your experience, should I be concerned if my sunroof leaks but my headliner nor floorboard are wet?

I haven't owned many cars with sunroofs(47 y/o male) but this is the first that I noticed that leaks.

We are coming up on our 36 months(bought it in 08) and just want to confirm that I should or should not worry about this. Any chance you live and work in the Panhandle of Florida??
  • bambewbambew Posts: 43
    edited February 2011
    Hey...

Just purchased a 2011 Santa Fe Limited w/Nav replacing a 2007 GL AWD.... I'll let ya'll know what happens with my first trip to the touchless carwash...

@brianpope said: "I too have had it back to the dealer to have them tell me it's built to leak."

LOL!!! 'Built to leak'.... That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!!

John
  • Just took my 2011 limited AWD 6 in for her first car wash and no leak that I saw....so far.
    Hello 'Sir' / 'Madam'...

My 2011 Santa Fe Limited has been through the 'Touchless' car wash 5 times and no signs of a leak...

John
    edited March 2011
    SIR / MADAM... (wouldn't want to ruin my 'Credibility' on this site... :P )

Did your '07 SF Sunroof leak to the extent that the water stained the headliner?

John...
    edited March 2011
    SIR / MADAM

Agreed 100%....

John...
    edited March 2011
    Sirs / Madams... (must be 'Prim' and 'Proper' on this site you know... :P )

OH NO.... My 2011 Santa Fe Limited does leak at the sunroof when put through a 'high-pressure' Touchless carwash. No staining on the headliner as of yet though. Probably wont be either as the water drips into the slider track.

This morning, after going through the Touchless wash, I noticed again that it was leaking. It leaks at the side near the rear of the SR. When I got home I had a good look at the SR (on the outside) as to how it moved from the closed position, to the full open position, and back again. Did this for both the 'full open', and the 'vent' functions...

I noticed that when the SR closes from the full open position (auto close), the panel will seat fully down and then, ever-so-slightly, lift up on the back end. This does not leave the panel 'flush' with the roof line. I did this a few times with the exact same result... Now, when I put the panel up in the 'vent' (just the back part of the panel moves up about a quarter inch) position, there is no 'auto' close. Which is odd, as closing the panel from the 'full open' position, it 'auto' closes... Why would Hyundai not have the SR auto close from the 'vent' position???

Anyways, when closing the panel from the vent position (non auto), I can seat the panel 'FULLY' (flush with the roof) by releasing the switch before the panel went into that slightly-raised 'parked' position... The next time that I head to the carwash, I will put the SR in the 'flush' position and see if it leaks then... Will let you guys know the results...

It looks to me, that 'H' has designed the SR to 'park' in that, 'slightly-raised' position... When I go in for the first oil change, I will ask the Service Writer/Advisor and/or the Tech working on the vehicle, why this is. There must be a reason...

John...
    edited March 2011
    @bambew said:

"Now, when I put the panel up in the 'vent' (just the back part of the panel moves up about a quarter inch) position, there is no 'auto' close."

It looks like the panel moves a quarter inch from the inside of the vehicle, but today, while checking it out on the outside, it is about an inch that the panel opens...

John...
124»