Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• reca1reca1 Posts: 14
    I am 6"4" also and one of the best features of the new Santa Fe, for me, is the leg room of over 42" plus ample head room. The tilt and telescoping steering wheel will made entry and exit much easier. None of Santa Fe's competitors can match it for leg room.
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Where exactly did you see it?

The website still shows 06s.

The pricing press release (posted above) is the 07 pricing, to the best of my knowledge.
  • aneeshaneesh Posts: 44
    link title
    Look Under FEATURES AND SPEC....GLS model.....READ IT CAREFULLY! Hyundai has many errors on their website.this is just one
  • I was chatting with Al at Classic Hyundai here in the Austin, TX area. He mentioned that based on information from the Houston zone manager (presumably of Hyundai) 3rd row seating models will be introduced in the US in November.

Anybody else has any info on this?
  • mrnicemrnice Posts: 14
    I was sent this spread sheet by a Toronto dealer today. Supposed to have them on the lot any day.
  • No incentive rebates are being offered on the 2007 Santa Fe. However, the vehicle has just started arriving on dealer lots this past week and they have to sell out the 2006 Santa Fe models ($3000.00 rebate). Wait a few months (Sept. - Nov.) to see if they offer incentives to move the 2007 models.
  • that's the best hyundai commercial ever!
  • pfloydmtlpfloydmtl Posts: 4
    I was surprised to see that the GL trim in Canada didn't have the AWD option like it does in the US. I called Hyundai Canada and they have made a decision to only have the AWD on the 3.3L engine which also means that we all have to drive the automatic tranny to get AWD...

So much for having a fuel efficient AWD solution on the new Santa Fe... This bums me out! :cry:
  • arumagearumage Posts: 922
    According to specs, in AWD trim, both engines get 19mpg in the city. The 2.7L gets 25mpg highway, and the 3.3L gets 24mpg. I don't think that's much of a difference considering you also get all that extra power.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Those are fun! You should add 'em to your carspace page (if you haven't already).

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I just talked to a Hyundai dealer in the Pittsburgh area and he said that the third row seating option will not be available until December. He said he was told this by a regional manager. This doesn't make much sense because 60% of the people buying SUV's want the third row option. Can any one else confirm this information?. If this is the case, since I want to buy this summer, this will rule out the Santa Fe for me.
  • pfloydmtlpfloydmtl Posts: 4
    Actually I've always driven cars with manual trannys (currently own the 1998 Honda CR-V) so I wanted to have that setup on the Santa Fe too... Currently the only way I can get a manual tranny in Canada is with the 2.7L engine which means no access to AWD!

MSRP for the 3.3L with 5 spd auto and AWD: $30,095 CAD
    MSRP for the 2.7L with 5 Spd Man: $25,995 CAD

I would have to pay $4,100 CAD more just to get AWD and lose the manual tranny. That's a big jump which I cannot understand...

Winters in Canada justifies getting AWD but not at that price!
  • arumagearumage Posts: 922
    That's a pretty odd difference as far as options are concerned. It's also a pretty big jump in price just to get AWD, although it looks like this 3.3L could be a better engine.
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Posts: 378
    Hmm... that is very strange - that Hyundai would offer a manual+AWD combination in the States but not in Canada. Wow....

Mike
    My local dealer has two: black GLS and a blue SE. The salesperson I spoke to said that the Touring Package will be available in September.

Mike
  • seniorsenior Posts: 13
    All of the '07 Santa Fe engines have a chain instead of a timing belt.What a great improvement.
    Some (not all) exterior colors:

Platinum Sage
    Bright Silver
    Arctic White
    Slate Blue
    Ebony Black
    Natural Khaki
    Deepwater Blue
    Silver Blue

Mike
    Thanks for the information on the third row. I assume they have to retool the plant for the touring package. By September, there might even be some incentives. I still think a majority of buyers will opt for third row seating.