Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• rmcbainrmcbain Member Posts: 50
    Hi: Has anyone had any problems with the front passenger seat making a noise when leaning against the back rest. My passenger got into the car yesterday and the seat creaks when you lean you back against it. The sounds seems to come from the uper half near the top of the seat. Any help?
  • maseacemaseace Member Posts: 32
    Yes - I had this exact same problem! It turned out that the front 2 bolts on the seat mounts needed tightening. I just did it myself and the problem hasn't come back. The bolts are under little plastic covers that slide forward to pop out. You need to put a LOT of torque on them to make the creaks go away.
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    I have exactly the same problem with my driver's seat (2007 Limited). In fact, my car was at the dealer yesterday to get it fixed. Unfortunately, whatever they did didn't solve the problem.

The creaking noise I'm getting happens when the amount of pressure my back exerts on the seat back changes, e.g. when slowing or accelerating. I can create the sound by pushing in on the top of the plastic seat back; it sounds like it's being caused by the plastic seat back rubbing against the leather (or vinyl) trim on the outer seat back. Is this what you're hearing, also?

If this is indeed what's causing the sound, I doubt that it will be helped by tightening the anchor bolts.
  • bj02176bj02176 Member Posts: 115
    I had a noise on my drivers side seat earlier on. This is a gls 2007, awd.

This is something that really did not bother me, it has since gone away, at least for the winter.

The only problem that I have had in 20,000 miles was a windshield leak that Mirak Chevy/ Hyundai fixed to perfection.
    The creaking I heard was more like a door hinge creaking in the house. It happened when I sat down or pressed against the seat back while sitting (mine was in the driver's seat). It was hard to tell where it came from and I thought it might have been vinyl or plastic rubbing or something inside/under the seat, until I tried tightening the seat bolts. It's worth a shot if the dealer did not fix it. Maybe the rear bolts are the problem for your car.
  • theduck1theduck1 Member Posts: 3
    My Buddy and myself are looking to buy a Santa Fe by spring 2008, as were both retiring next year we though about buying in the US. Any chance of your dealer wanting to sell two more vehicles? :) Regardless, Merry Christmas and a Happy new year'''
    PS. did your immobilizer meet Canadian Standards?
  • indianrefiningindianrefining Member Posts: 102
    It's been my experience that vehicles will slow down when you take your foot off the gas, yes. :P
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    nah - i noticed the same thing- the slow down is too dramatic - you should be able to coast - i was wondering if it has something to do with the stability control or something - but it makes you feel like something is wrong with the tranny, differentials, axles, wheel bearings or transfer case or something! any other vehicle can coast freely for a while without slowing down so much...
  • flestoflesto Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 and have had 3 oxygen sensors replaced the symptoms are bucking loss of power I have brought it back 4 times so far and it is still not fixed! I also have a problem where as you slow down to come to a stop it bucks as if it is in too high of a gear. I also find it shifts into 5th at 25mph and lugs does any one else have any of these problems or am I the only one stuck with a LEMON? :lemon:
    Hello: The dealership is very happy to assist but we have to wait for RIV Canada to make up its little mind on what the build date and starter immobilizer final decision is made. If you check Riv.ca you can follow the latest BS and what and when the decision will be made on allowing US cars being admissable again. I think that it is only a matter of time before the cars are permitted into Canada. Regarding the immobilizer this was not an issue before the date of Sept. 1/07. You can email if you wish further inforation.
    The question I have is, may I ask what dearlership you were dealing with when you purchased your 2007? I called two dealers today and was advised as of Jan 03/2008 they can't sell 2008's to Canadians, I ask why and received two replys, 1-The dealerships in this country have put pressure on the American Dealerships to stop Selling, 2- The Canadian Gov has stop it. I check the latest regs and the Gov is not the culprit here, but the dealerships. The Regs on RIV.ca have change as of 2007/12/21 Revised. They allow all Hyundai into the country with the provision that the electronic immobilizer meets Canadian Standards CMVSS-114. So what gives now? Do we take legal actions against the dealerships for descrimination because were Canadians?It's bad enought that our dealerships have been taking us for a ride for all these years, SHAME on Them.. :mad:
  • mldd2003mldd2003 Member Posts: 5
    Can you tell what happen after that? can you let me know what Natural Resources Canada said?

I am living in Ontario, Canada, and my Santa Fe has the same gas mileage problem - it used about 20 -30 % more gas than the specificaition, especially in the winter! My mileage is close to 10,000 km and I monitored about 12 tanks usage.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All. :) Question? Does anybody know if the issues with the harness wiring and the dome lights have been addressed in the 2008 model, and were there any other issues not fixed from the 2007 model?
  • slateblueslateblue Member Posts: 110
    Hyundai addressed customer dissatisfaction with the map lights not coming on when the doors were unlocked or opened beginning about February or March 2007. This was a running change. There is no light issue with Santa Fe's produced after that period to my knowledge.
  • ramapokidramapokid Member Posts: 5
    My daughter and I both purchased 2007 Santa Fe Limited vehicles in early June 2007. My map lights and dome light worked when doors were opened and closed. My daughter's Santa Fe map lights did not work with dome light. My daughter and I went to local Hyundai dealer in her vehicle. We tried to convince the dealer that the map lights should work with dome light. This was in time frame of late June 2007. The dealer checked about 5-6 2007 Santa Fe's on the lot and the map lights did not work with the dome light on any vehicles on the lot. The dealer concluded that there was no problem even though I explained that my Santa Fe dome and map lights worked properly. I contacted Hyundai US customer service about this a week later and the rep (Hyundai USA located in Utah) knew about the problem before I finished the discussion of the problem. He said at that time Hyundai was in the process of making a wire harness kit that dealers could order. He initiated an order to have a kit sent to the local dealer for my daughter's vehicle. The process took about 6 weeks for the dealer to get the kit. I contacted the dealer to let them know about the kit and that it was to be sent to the dealer. The dealer was clueless about the whole process. So, my conclusion is that Hyundai did not resolve the problem with the map lights even in to the spring of 2007. I also requested that Hyundai USA mount a service campaign and mail letters to all 2007 Santa Fe owners explaining the problem and providing the resolution. Hyundai refused to do this. I hope this helps..
    The Santa Fes in which the lights didn't come on upon opening the front doors (including your daughter's) were built before the change was implemented, plain and simple. In June there were still plenty of early-build Santa Fes on dealers' lots; that's what you saw as the ones in which the lights didn't come on. If you compare your Santa Fe's VIN (just the last 5 digits will do) with that of your daughter's car, you'll see that yours is higher sequentially and thus a later build.

As an aside, it's also possible that yours has XM radio while your daughter's does not. The addition of XM as standard equipment was another mid-year change.
  • player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    So today as me and my sister waited for the oil change to get done on her car, we went around the dealer and i picked up a 2008 Santa Fe brochure. However, i noticed that Gray is no longer available on the Limiteds, the Limited trim is only available with either Beige Leather or Black Leather, not Gray any longer.

This is a HUGE dissapointment because Gray was going to be the interior color of my parents' Limited when they buy it because they hate Beige and Black is just too dark.

Gray is available on GLS and SE trims, but not Limited.

GLS and SE trims now have diff cloth types, not like 2007 when they had the same.

The GLS has Cloth (Beige and Gray), SE "Premium" Cloth (Beige and Gray), and Limited Leather (Beige and Black)

Colors gone for 2008 are:
    Artic White
    Platinum
    Golden Beige

New EPA Mileage Estimates:
    2.7 L - FWD MT 17/24, FWD AT 18/24, AWD MT 17/23, AWD AT 17/23
    3.3 L - FWD 17/24, AWD 17/24
  • survivor93survivor93 Member Posts: 25
    I am an automotive service manager (after market) . I am experiencing the same thing with my 2007 LIMITED.
    This is not a malfunction of the tranny. The automatic trans is a close ratio unit and because of that, :) that is why this is happening.
    ROUND #1-The codes are P0160 o2 sensor no activity b2/s2 and p2400 not reading B1/S1 They installed 39210-3c600 oxy sensor- RR (RH) 39 & 39210-3C100 FRT (LH) This was the first time. Same thing happened ROUND #2 - Codes P0160 O2 sensor no activity B2/ S2 - replace sensor reset computer. Again Same thing happened ROUND#3 - reprogram ECU PO300 for misfire performed TSB 07 36 007 for P00110 - P0128 - P0300 OP 3910F68 .5E1 Again same thing happened ROUND # 4 installed 39210-3C300 FRT (RH) & 39210-3C100 FRT(LH) run diag P0300 Random misfire, P2A00 B1/ S1 follow TSB# 0736005-1 This was yesterday if this don't work I will get rid of the car This is unacceptable What is the story with the dome light I thought that it was a poor design that the light over the console didn't come on as I was told by the dealer there will be a recall to have this fixed is there one? :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: Also I have not made ANY modifications to this vehicle it"s Stock :sick: :sick: :sick:
    yeah- this is bad news - looks like it is either a lemon - or the svc dept is trying quick fixes to send you out the door without fixing the problem... the 02 sensor problem should have been corrected and the computer reflashed at the same time... i don't like how mine is driving but i don't get any more svc engine light after they did the bank2 o2 sensor.... i think there is also an issue with spark plugs, spark plug gapping and the electronic throttle control that you may want them to look into on your '07
    have you contacted hyundai directly yet?
    "What is the story with the dome light I thought that it was a poor design that the light over the console didn't come on as I was told by the dealer there will be a recall to have this fixed is there one?"

There is no recall for the dome light fix, and there will not be one. You have to call Hyundai consumer affairs yourself to request the map light fix kit, which will be sent to your dealer for free installation. There is more info for this earlier in this thread, including the phone number.
  • eaves1eaves1 Member Posts: 2
    Here's a question i can't seem to get an answer to. I have a 2007 Santa Fe Limited. What is the blinking red light by the front windshield. I have called Hyundai USA and they could not give me an answer. I called my service dept. and again they didn't know. It isn't for the alarm system as it blinks when the doors are unlocked. Can anyone give me the answer. By the way, the fact that the Hyundai rep and the Hyundai service rep didn't know what the light was is REALLY DISTURBING! Not a good sign for Hyundai, huh?
    Great question! After reading your post I checked my owner's manual. As near as I can tell, there's absolutely no mention of the light. You're correct that it blinks whether or not the car is locked / alarm is set. It doesn't stop blinking unless you put the key into the ignition. The only thing I can come up with is that it's a "decoy" to alert would-be thieves of the fact that the car has a security system. If anyone has more info, I'd love to hear it.
    It's basically a decoy light. It will come on solid when you lock the car with the remote as a confirmation. But it blinks steadily whether the car is locked or not. The service manual on the HMA service website gives all the details, including the blink rate and timing diagrams.
    most alarm systems have an indicator like this - the light blinks at different speeds or stays steady to let you know whether or not the system is armed... not really a decoy - a decoy would just be an indicator light with no security system to back it up - those are sold aftermarket too.
    Yes, most alarm systems have a light like this but the one in the Santa Fe isn't tied to the alarm system. It blinks the same way whether or not the alarm system is armed. Pretty dumb if you ask me.
    Yes like I said it has been there 4 times :lemon:
    hmmm - doesn't the light stay on when the doors are locked or the alarm is set? then blink when the doors are unlocked?
    It stays on for 30 seconds or so but then reverts back to blinking. While the car is unattended the light blinks whether or not the car is locked and whether or not the alarm is set. It's really dumb.
  • eaves1eaves1 Member Posts: 2
    If you're gonna spend the money to put the light in, why not just tie it to the alarm system like every other car out there? How much are they paying the genius who thought this up? I want to apply for that job!!
    "If you're gonna spend the money to put the light in, why not just tie it to the alarm system like every other car out there? How much are they paying the genius who thought this up? I want to apply for that job!!"

I'm with you! ;)
    at least it lets theives know there's an alarm (do any new cars come without an alarm anymore?) ((does anyone listen to car alarms anyway... and do anything about it?))

what does the light to if the alarm is set off?
    Can anybody please tell me what color this is??

Its a great looking color and i cant tell what color it is... im thinking Slate Blue, but does anybody that maybe owns a SF in this color tell me for sure??

Thx...

http://greathyundai.com/img/ebay/8H136573/pic-1.jpg
    http://www.greathyundai.com/img/ebay/8H136573/pic-9.jpg
    http://greathyundai.com/img/ebay/8H136573/pic-8.jpg
    http://www.greathyundai.com/img/ebay/8H136573/pic-7.jpg
    http://greathyundai.com/img/ebay/8H136573/pic-4.jpg
    It looks like it's probably Slate Blue. It's not quite dark enough to be Deepwater Blue.
    The colour is slate blue and is shown in the 2008 Santa Fe brochure. :) :shades:
    Does the 2008 brochure show the optional navigation system? Hyundai's web site still doesn't show the 2008 Santa Fe. :mad:
  • slateblueslateblue Member Posts: 110
    Your right, It is a great looking color! :) Same dealer where I purchased mine. ;)
    Thanks guys... It really is a nice color because it looks like it has diff shades in the dark and light, very nice and with the Beige interior with the black carpeting like on the 08's it looks really awesome.

Yea the 2008 Brochure does show the NAV system, i got one from the dealer about 1 week ago.
  • hayabusa1hayabusa1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Santa Fe Ltd AWD that I just purchased last Novenber in Canada.

I have noticed that the front Ashtray does not have a light. There is a hole for the light and a little lens in the removable tray, but it does not look like it was ever installed.

Does anyone else have an Ashtray light? My dealer said they looked into this and confirmed that the vehicle did not come with front Ashtray illumination.

Regards,
    Pete.
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    Beige interior with black carpeting? That appears to be a change for 2008. I have the beige interior on my 07 SE, and I like how bright it is, but the beige is a pain to keep clean on the floor. I did buy a set of Weathertech mats, so that will help. I also have the golden beige exterior, and I understand that was discontinued for 08.
    "Does anyone else have an Ashtray light? "

Yes, my 2007 has a light in the ashtray lens. It's a regular white incandescent bulb (not a blue LED like the rest of the illumination in the car).
  • yongugyongug Member Posts: 9
    Mine is 07 SE and looking for a little cheaper oil filter than dealership. Any advise??
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    I have a 2007 Limited AWD. It seems like the seats take a long time to warm up. If I get in and start the car and turn on the electric heaters, it takes a good 10 to 15 minutes before they are noticeably warm. Also, it seems like they don't actually work until you are sitting in them, because if I start the car and turn on the heaters and then go inside for 15 minutes while the engine warms up, the seats are still cold when I get in. My wife says her Saturn Outlook works the same way, i.e., the seat heaters don't actually turn on until the computer senses a butt in the seat, but her seats warm up a lot more quickly than those in my Santa Fe.

Whaddya think? Is something wrong with my seat heaters? Can I bypass something to get them to turn on immediately even without a butt in the seat? It makes a difference to me, because I live in Minnesota. It was 5 below zero this morning when I left to drive in to work, and warm seats would've been really nice to have.
  • edmac1edmac1 Member Posts: 36
    My ashtray has a light, but it only works when the headlights are on.
  • travelgrrltravelgrrl Member Posts: 13
    I'm curious to see what you find out about this, kdahlquist. I also have an '07 Limited AWD and have experienced the same thing. My drive into work is 45 minutes, the first 10 of which are usually on a cold seat! Like you, I have noticed that even with the car warming up, it still takes considerable weight to trigger the sensors - I've tried piling my purse and other bags into the driver's seat, but so far, no luck. :-/ Though we haven't hit the 5 below temp yet, the 8 degrees we had this morning left me longing for a toasty ride into the office!
  • travelgrrltravelgrrl Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the heated seats in an ON position for the next time when the car is started?
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    "Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the heated seats in an ON position for the next time when the car is started?"

No, but if you have a remote car starter installed, you can have it set up to turn the seat heaters on when the car is started. That's what I did. I bought a remote starter (Viper brand, from Directed Electronics, Inc.) for about $200 at Circuit City. I paid for a few extra relays (around $12 each) that were hooked to the auxiliary output on the remote starter and then wired into the seat heater switches. I can now engage the electric seat heaters remotely at the same time I start the car. To do so, I just press the AUX button on my remote after starting it.

What I've discovered, of course, is that I don't accomplish anything because the seat doesn't actually start to heat up until my butt is in the seat, despite the fact that the light on the switch shows the heaters as being on and having been on for 10+ minutes. Therefore, I'm no better off than if I just waited to turn them on when I got into the car. I'm tempted to try to find and bypass the switch that only allows the seats to warm up when a butt is in them, but I'm hoping someone else has already solved this problem.
    Not without modifying the switches.
    that's funny - sometimes my seats seem to heat up when i haven't even turned the heater on!