Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• First of all, I do NOT like Jaguar. I think they are way over priced considering, what you are getting. I have seen Jaguar cars and they are really ugly inside. All you are paying for is the name, NOTHING else. You get really cheap stuff (like FAKE wood trim). At that price it should at least be real. I think the interior designers of Jags cut MANY corners.

As for the CR-V, it has very nice plastics and NO fake wood trim. With the Navigation system in, the CR-V looks way more luxury.

As for the Touareg, good thing you didn't buy that. They look nice, but are not.
  • Does anyone know if the '07 Santa Fe has a roll-over sensor for the side curtain air bags?? There is no mention of this on the window sticker or the brochure. A dealer told me that it does, but could not provide me with any documentation.

Thanks!

Mark
  • I was wondering if anyone knows what Hyundai is using for their factory fill of motor oil?

I am operating under the assumption that it is a 5W20 oil?

I plan on using 5W20 oil in mine and change it at approximately every 3,000 miles as we make quite a few short trips.

I am hoping to get mine sometime this month as the dealer is having trouble in locating an Arctic White Limited 2007 Santa Fe with option group 26 (Premium Package) and option CF (Carpeted Floor Mats).
  • edmac1edmac1 Posts: 36
    I am not too up on many of the finer points of automobiles, so I am puzzled by some people's complaints about "hard" plastics. What difference does it make whether it's hard or soft since all you are doing is looking at it? If you are sitting on it or resting your head on it, there could be a problem - otherwise, so what?
  • I think you hit the nail on the head!

10 out of 10 for your observation.

JCS
  • Well said. Unfortunately some think that if the plastics are softer they indicate quality. IMO the tougher they are the more durable. An SUV interior S/B DURABLE.
  • I am sure I read about it in the additional handout when I bout my 07. My wife took the truck. When she gets back I will go through the documentation. If I find it I will scan and post...

Short answer - yes :)
  • has anyone gotten a dealer install tow hitch? i'm curious what it looks like and if you like it. i was told it must be installed by the dealer. i saw one on hyundaiassessories.com but i wasn't impressed.

thx
  • I agree. I deal with them for everything on my Santa ( Bra, mud guards, cargo liner, mats and Vent visors) but was not impressed by the tow hitch as well. Still shopping for one. Will post pics and info on my carspace page if and when I find one that looks good...
  • It is not that people NEED softer plastics...it is that if they are smoother and softer, they look and feel better. The SF plastics are hard and they look hard and pretty cheap from a distance, and when you touch them. Softer and smoother plastics just feel more expensive. You wont see a lexus with tons of cheap plastic all around. It is just nice to have in a $30,000 vehicle.
  • I partially agree, here. That tactile aesthetics pull some weight in overall appearance. Softer leather and supple plastics IN THE RIGHT AREAS, do make things a bit more plush. However, I don't see this too much the case with the SF. I can't see how the plastics look 'cheap'. I could see how certain plastics would deminish the appearance by REALLY looking cheap - monotone and lacking texture and being very 'thin' to the touch. Had the SF real wood trim and actuall steel accents then yes, more rich and luxurious it would be. But the plastics looking or being cheap? Just don't see it.

A little detail that I thought was pretty slick was the plastic that houses the front seat window controls. It's smooth, tough and soft to the touch with pleasant curves. Doesn't look or feel cheap at all. However, the door handles I believe really should've been a brushed steel. But that's splitting hairs....
  • I see what you mean, but the dash and glove box look cheap. That is the seat that looks at the most of the interior, and that plastic is right in your face. Also, the glove box door felt cheap when opening it. Also, the doors felt cheap (where the pockets are). It would have just been nice if they dropped the fake wood, and put in nicer plastics.
  • I looked at several vehicles and all have both good points and bad. I think that the 2007 Santa Fe is a good vehicle considering everything and the price.

I also like the new 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.

I have been attempting purchase of a 2007 Limited Santa Fe but the dealer has not been able to obtain what I want and is hoping that he can get it on an allocation.

If not, will buy the Mitsubishi Outlander later this month. They have a new OHC V-6 that is getting some good reviews and good EPA numbers.

Honda CR-V is not a bad vehicle but did not want a 4 cylinder engine. Do not like the looks of the new body style either.
  • Plus the exterior of the CR-V looks like this guy ------> :D
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Autobytel 2007 Editors’ Choice Awards:

SUV of the Year: Hyundai Santa Fe (unanimous selection)

http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_id_- int/2305
  • Hey, hey!! Looky there! The CR-V came out ahead!
    Oh!? And, hey!?!?! So did SF! (....I'm just so proud.... sniff, sniff...)

If it's possible, I feel even more happy and confident with this decision.
    Congrats to all winners!
  • We have to be fair and say that carfreak's choice of the CR-V won best "Best SMALL SUV."

And I would like to point out that the vote was NOT unanimous. ;)

The SF is the "Best Midsize SUV" and the vote was UNAMIMOUS!.

:D

JCS
  • I can understand. The CR-V is definatly not the most powerful vehicle on the road. It also has a hit or miss exterior. But other than that, the interior is awesome, everything is ergonomically correct, and lots of technology. The interior is the BEST interior in its class. It definatly beats out the Sportage/Tucson, Rav4, Escape/Mariner/Tribute, Equinox/Torrent, and Vue.
  • Gotta say that the CR-V's rear cam is pretty clever too. Nice upgrade. It don't parallel park your car or nuthin....! ;)
  • Have you looked at the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander?

Understand that starting first part of October the Santa Fe will come standard with XM radio and that a factory installed Navigation system will be an option before long.

The Mitsubishi Outlander currently has a Navigation System as an option.