Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Sun Visor Falls Off

2»

Comments

• anilpanilp Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help I was able to find, thanks for your step by step guidance.
  • kmoxford21kmoxford21 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Thanks and yes it should be a safety problem
  • I was wondering if you had a picture of this?
  • I was wondering if you had a picture of this?
  • pookie61pookie61 Posts: 1
    I too have an 07 Santa Fe. One fine day on the freeway my visor just fell broke loose as I was swinging it from side to front. I had to hold the visor with one hand and drive with the other to get off the fwy to where I could check out what happened. I found a very thin peice of plastic that appears to connect the visor to the swing arm had cracked off. About 2wks later the passenger-side visor broke also, same place. FROM TUSTIN HYUNDAI SERVICE DEPT: I brought both detached visors to service dept yesterday 3/1/2012. Service rep Trina said the visors break on a lot of Hyundai's, she even pointed to the cracked area before I did. Because I paid $1,255 for the extended warranty I felt confident these would be covered. NOPE! Trina advised me they are not, I was later told their ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH and that I would have to pay for them. NOPE AGAIN!! I'm taking mine to the nearest Hyundai office and filing a formal complaint. THIS is CRAP folks!!!!!!!
  • wosmewosme Posts: 1
    this just happened to my car too. I have a 2008 that I bought new, but had 6000 miles on it from the dealership manager's usage. My car now has 63000 miles, so it is out of warranty for this repair, although it wouldn't have been if I hadn't bought their "demo" car. I'm ticked off about it too. The problem started the day after I took my car in to Hyandai for new brakes & the air bag light recall. I flipped down the visor, and it fell out, hanging by the cords. I thought they had broken it, since it worked fine before I took my car in. They want to charge me $160 to replace the visor.
  • catkins99catkins99 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I have the same situation with my 2007 Sante Fe purchased at Green Hyundai in Springfield and am also out of warranty at 55,000 miles. Seems that since this has been going on since 2004 there would be a service bulletin on it and a call back to repair it for free. I think it is a safety problem also especially since it is on the driver's side. Green wants $169 to repair it too. Not me! We have had 3 Hyundai vehicles in our family and this will be the last! Not happy with the 18 mpg either. Hope I can find the part from the instructions given. Thanks guys!
  • I had the same problem. the small piece of plastic that holds the post breaks. This is a very poor design! I trimmed away some of the plastic near the top of the post, slid a washer down the post and folded back the top of the posts. I wish I could add a picture to this post. does anyone know how to do that? You will have to cut and then re-solder the wires for the light switch.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,016
    You can park the photo at an image hosting site like Flickr or Tinypic.com. Then click the IMG button and paste the URL of the photo there and click the IMG button again to close the "code".

Or you can just post the link to the photo on the hosting site.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• southslopersouthsloper Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Hi Roscoe33, did you ever get a chance to post your image? Here's a photo of the broken visor bit from my Santa Fe that I posted on Hyundai-Forums.com:

Cheers!
  • roscoe33roscoe33 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
  • Hi all, Let me know if you were able to get the picture link. "Link title" above. I'm glad to say the fix is still working fine. We now have a problem with the gas gage. (another quality design problem). Light keeps coming on when tank is half filled.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,016
    Link works fine for me, thanks!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• southslopersouthsloper Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Yes, as Steve replied, the link worked and I've copied your photo to my PicasaWeb account so I could link directly to it and have the photo appear inline. I will try that fix myself, and if that fails, I got a note from a member of the Hyundai Forum, to find a 2008/2009 version of the visor from a used parts dealer (i.e. scrap yard), here's that thread: 2007 sante-fe-sun-visor-broken if you're interested. I'll post your photo there so that other Santa Fe owners with the problem can try it too. Thanks!

• Thanks for passing it along, I think I did the fix back in August and its still working fine.
2»