Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Sky - Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• carguy916carguy916 Posts: 11
    I took my Sky RL in to the dealer Friday. Got my oil change for $60, and had them do the software calibration. The next morning was the big test for the brakes. Turned the engine on, immediately put it in reverse and crossed my fingers. It is improved, there was some braking power, at least enough for me to slow down and avoid the garage door frame. The brakes still feel a little bit funny, I will still make it a habit to warm up the car before backing up. Hey Saturn.... you have come a long way, but you are not done with the brake fix!
  • If you go to skyroadster.com and look up brake problems you can see all of the threads that have to do with the problem I had with my 08 Sky. It took 5 times to the dealer before they put on the pump. I must have had the worst case because they fixed mine first as far as I know. Two times while driving over 70 miles an hour the brakes were ROCK hard while trying to disengage cruise control. VERY SCARY! As far as start up brake problems it happened EVERY time I started the car, ROCK hard brakes that would not stop the vehicle. Now I have no problems what so ever. You could contact Tony at Saturn of Henderson. He is the one who finally got my car fixed.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    And GM still wonders why it continues to loose market share to the competition...
  • WE BOUGHT A NEW 2008 SKY AT SATURN OF HICKORY AND WE ALSO ARE HAVING BRAKE PROBLEMS. WE HAVE TAKEN THE CAR BACK AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR.THEY REALLY MAKE YOU FEEL QUITE STUPID!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO BUT WE ARE NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THE CAR OR WITH SATURN OF HICKORY.
  • medicupmedicup Posts: 6
    I was doing some poking around at the NHTSA site and found the investigation findings for the Saturn brake problem. According to them, Saturn issued three software updates beginning last November to address the brake problems. Supposedly Saturn would begin notifying owners in July. I called Saturn of El Paso the next day and requested they "do the brake software update". I was immediately met with "that's how the brakes are supposed to work... blah blah blah". I informed the "service manager" of the NHTSA's findings and that I would be bringing my car down the next day, FIND THE UPDATE FROM YOUR COMPANY! When I arrived the next day with a printout of the NHTSA stuff (which has the update numbers and such) I was met with, "I'm sorry, I didn't know they had issued those, we'll get right on it.". 45 minutes later I left with the software updates completed. I will admit the brakes are much better. You can still feel "something a little funny" during the cold start-immediate braking but nothing near as bad as it was. One of the software updates also tweaks the idle settings on the automatic which makes the brake adjustments more effective.

So...... call your local Saturn, tell them to pull their head out and get your software updated. I got my letter "notifying" me of the updates the day after I had the update done.

Happier with the car, still not ready to forgive Saturn for the whole fiasco though.

Good luck and stay safe
    WW
  • It took us 5 times in the shop before they figured out how to fix my car, and on the 6th time it was fixed. I have never gotten a letter in the mail from Saturn about updates. Whole thing was a horrible headache, but now that my car has brakes that work as they should I am pleased with my car and will keep it.
  • i need recall list on 2007 saturn sky redline
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 979
    edited February 2013
    Hi, lynan,

You can find them on the Maintenance & Recalls page -- just input your car's info in the dropdown boxes. You'll also see any TSBs that have been issued so that you can bring them to your dealer.

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2»