Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIN check

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,657
    Maybe ask $1250 and see what happens?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• kingzonkkingzonk Posts: 4
    thank-you for your time and help
  • kregwkregw Posts: 1
    The company that I work for has a title to a piece of equipment and they don
    't know what it goes to. The description on the title is vague. Is there a site that I can enter the vin and find out what it goes to?
    Take the title to DMV---they'll probably know at least the category of the equipment, that is, trailer or boat or whatever.

• l just posted a topic for this, but it's somewhat related to this post, so if anyone could help...

Please if anyone can help me. I'm trying to locate my wife's, late grandfather's 1979 450SL. The family sold the car several years ago after he passed, and she would be thrilled to get it back. I was hoping I could just do a carfax on the VIN# and find out some info, but apparently carfax (and everywhere else I found) will only take VIN#s for cars from 1981 and newer. Does anyone know of a way I can get some vehicle history info on this car? the VIN# is 10704412057228.

thank you,

-michael
  • neros9neros9 Posts: 1
    Guys, I need help!

I have a 1971 Bmw 2002 that was sold to me and the VIN is nowhere to be found on the body, but the previous owner somehow registered it. How can I remedy this problem. I have numbers on the registration, but Motor vehicles won't register it without a "pencil rub copy" ; they won't just go off the number on the registration.
    Here's what they look like:

BMW 2002 VIN PLATE

If my memory serves, this is located on the right side inner fender, just back of the shock tower.

If these plates have been stripped off, y'all got problems and maybe a stolen car.

• zaysmomzaysmom Posts: 1
    Hello Sir or Madam,
    I'm trying to find a little pickup for myself to help with errands around the home. I found an ad on craigslist for a 1995 Nissan King Cab XE 133,850 miles, Automatic with asking price $2450. Body has dings, dents and scrapes. Paint is fading. Interior has wear & tear. Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE check the VIN# 1N6SD16S2SC460223 for me to see if this would be a good vehicle to purchase.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,341
    Keep looking.
    Sounds neglected AND over priced. I'd continue searching. Sounds like that baby has had a very hard life. Think of it as a piece of fruit you see in the store, all bruised and battered. Would it taste good? Perhaps but not likely.

Look how pretty this one is for nearly the same $$$:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1732209680.html

or here's one same price:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1733508519.html

As you can see, you don't have to spring at the one you saw. There's better out there.

• burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I have to agree with everyone else's comments here, but I ran a quick VIN check on the # and found:
    1 front end accident reported in 1997
    Always registered in the Atlanta, GA area (the accident was in PA, however)
    1 owner, but that's questionable based on the # of titles issued. Could be due to loans being taken out on it by the owner though.
    Always passed emission tests.
    Personally I would stay clear of it.
  • deeoftexasdeeoftexas Posts: 1
    You can buy an inexpensive used truck at your local Police Auto Auction.
  • Hello...
    I am new to this site. I was reviewing it and noticed that someone had asked for vin check. Is there anyone who could check a vin number for me please???
    I am wanting to buy a 1987 Nissan Hardbody. The vin # is 1N6ND16Y5H0375659...
    I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks...
    That VIN comes back as invalid.
  • fuggersfuggers Posts: 1
    I'm really undecided about an upcoming car purchase, I trust the seller but it is a bit more than I want to spend. Could anyone help me out with a VIN check? Burdawg? It would be greatly appreciated. Vin is 4S3BP686956318980 on a 2005 Subaru.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Nothing unusual. Two owners, last reported mileage about 54.5K. Always registered in SD (initially) or TX.
  • hdz83hdz83 Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm new to the site and wondering if anyone can (please) help me with any info available for vin #5LMPU28A0XLJ30325. My hubby wants to buy it but we have no idea on its history!! please help. Thank you!!
  • Hi my name is Daniel I am looking to get a total vin check on this 03 infiniti g35. I did the quick carfax thing from kbb.com and it said there has been 11 things reported but did not say what can somebody please help me. the VIN # is JNKCV54E73M225609 If you could look it up and maybe forward the url to my e-mail so I could see it or even copy and paste it then e-mail it to me would be awesome. danielmarble22291@hotmail.com is my e-mail address thank you.
    Let's keep any information within the forum rather than to private e-mail. That way we can all benefit from comments made.

• musashinmusashin Posts: 3
    Can you check this one for me? WAUKC68DX1A130788

2001 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t

Go ahead and post the information here, I'll be checking the thread.
    Sorry I can't as I have to pay Autocheck per search. There may be others here who have unlimited accounts.

Ah, that was more a response to burdawg, the guy that was doing it for the others. Sorry about that.
    So, good mr. burdawg, how about it? VIN# WAUKC68DX1A130788

• jljinmichjljinmich Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I am looking to be a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe for my son and want to be sure it has not been a flood vehicle or reconstructed title. Can someone provide a VIN check of 1GNFK13048R142341? Thanks very much. Jack
    Nothing special, just 1 title event and yearly registration.
    Ditto for this one, just title and registration.
  • hdz83hdz83 Posts: 2
    Burdawg I had posted previously on may 25, could you please assist me with this VIN check, 5LMPU28A0XLJ30325. Thank you!
    Well, there's nothing bad on the report, but there's a warning:

06/01/2005 LA PORTE, TX
    Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL Reported registered/titled prior to storm event in FEMA designated storm area. We recommend a professional vehicle inspection to confirm no storm damage.

Also, this is just my opinion, but why would you be interested in an SUV with so many miles, that is somewhat ugly?
  • bird900bird900 Posts: 1
    i want to buy this car from a small dealership and all seems alright with the car for the most part. the vin number is 2c8gm68484r322957 if anyone could help me
  • I am looking to purchase a small truck. The odometer is broken and I was wondering if someone can check the vin to see about how long ago it was reported so I can get a better estimate of how many miles are on the truck.

VIN # 1FTDR15XXPPA31700

Really appreciate the help!!!