Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIN check

Comments

• 1c3el55r06n215735
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,989
    2006 Chrysler Sebring, former rental out of Florida, 5 owners, no problems noted, 89,900 miles as of June 2011.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• Thank you very much! Is that good to buy a car that was rental?
    I'd say it's a "neutral" quality. The car has to speak for itself, regardless of where it came from, so always best to have it checked out by someone. And of course research car values so you don't pay too much.

• wf71wf71 Posts: 3
    1FTPW12595KE44839

Thanks in advance for any help.
    ford F-150 Texas truck one owner no problems---looks good. About 33,000 miles on it.

Thanks shiftright. Must be some more recent activity on this truck. Checked w/ my insurance co. for a quote, and they were saying it had two damage claims filed in '09 and It now has 89,000 miles. They couldn't tell what the damages were because they don't look up carfax reports. The truck was just repainted so it kind of has my curiosity up.
    edited January 2012
    Hmmm...the carfax doesn't show anything and the mileage could be 86K because the last mileage recorded was back in 2007.

Well lots of accidents are missed by Carfax so you'd best have the car thoroughly checked out then. Carfax doesn't usually tell you what the damage was (once in a while they do) but the insurance company certainly knows the dollar amounts of the claims. If it's a large $$$ amount, you know it's serious, but if the claims are a few thousand bucks, that's nothing these days.

I can't imagine why the ENTIRE truck was repainted, though. Are you sure it wasn't just some panels.

A good body shop could give you plenty of info on what was done, by having them look it over.

But really, on a 2005 vehicle that has already depreciated substantially, i wouldn't get too hung up on things like common fender-benders.

Yea, i asked seller about the paint cause i saw a piece of masking tape on the headlight w/ paint on it and he said he painted whole truck because of some scratches. But yea ur right about not worrying too much about minor repairs.
    Thanks alot for your help sir.
  • could you please check the history of this car? 1b3el46r75n549653

I need to replace the bumper and deal with a dent of a fists area, and the dent has no painting, too. How much should I pay?
    edited January 2012
    Let's see 3 owner car, about 107K miles, need bumper and dent repair--sounds like about $2000 is a fair price. You should be able to buy clean ones for $3500, so....

• The car looks pretty new except for the dent and the bumper. How much should I pay for the bumper and the painting, as well as the dent repair? I mean the supposed price. Thank you!
  • In Kelly Blue Book the price for the fair condition of this car is 4000, oh my god! I don't know why it's so expensive.
    Oh that's Kelley. those are dealer asking prices for very clean cars, which yours isn't, so...deduct accordingly.

Can't say what repairs will cost. I'd have to see photos of the damage, and also price out a used bumper (which may need painting as well). For all this hassle, this car better be cheap.

• Thank you very much! Where can I find a used bumper? Best wishes!
    You can try www.car-part.com

• I want a detailed copy of the car history. Thank you!! 1HG ES 1555 1L 000 121
  • Thank you!! 1HG ES 1555 1L 000 121
  • Hi could please check this car's VIN? Thank you in advance
    1N4BA41E44C894926
    Not much here. 4 owners, car lives in Texas, last recorded mileage 79,790 in July 2011. Otherwise "clean" (but CARFAX doesn't catch everything).

• Hello,

Please help with VIN check on : YV1LW5101T2241527

Much Appreciated
  • I'm trying to find the owner of this vehicle: VB56KO678987 You will notice that it is not a 17-digit VIN; it is a '56 Chevy (before the standardized formatting). My dad had restored this car and sold it in Escondido, CA many years ago; he would like to try to buy it back, but cannot find the owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.M.
    No way to trace it by normal public computer records--it's too old, unless you know someone in law enforcement that could check to see if it has a current registration in California. You can't do this for privacy reasons.

Other than that, you could put an ad in Hemmings Motor News with the VIN (many people do this), since the car might be out of state already.

• peter112peter112 Posts: 1
    Please help me on the VIN check report:

KNDJC733555416050

EMAIL:
    peteryuan_word@yahoo.ca
    nothing of interest on this vehicle.

• c10chevyc10chevy Posts: 1
    I'd appreciate some help with what this VIN tells me about this truck I want to buy. Thanks in advance.

C1545B133573
    Not much in old VINs--- it's a 1965 Chevy Pickup, 1/2 ton, built in Baltimore MD

• voisardvoisard Posts: 2
    Thank You! VIN: WAUBA24B3WN107632

I want to purchase this vehicle, but would like to know its history! Thanks Alot!

Email : teken_maniak@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!
  • voisardvoisard Posts: 2
    Yea..well whats going on? No one is willing to help here?

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone .. F for fail ...
    voisard---sorry you're in a jam here but CARFAX costs someone money when they answer you. CARFAX isn't free, so you have to look at it as someone's generosity. Maybe people with subscriptions just aren't online right now.

Try over in our ANSWERS department (see link below)...sometimes people there will answer you more quickly.

Edmunds ANSWERS