Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Aveo Dealer Service Experiences

flaaveoflaaveo Member Posts: 161
I seem to be the only owner of the hatchabck Aveo that has a problem with it not opening and constantly breaking,11 times in 16 months so far. Now GM and my dealer Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Pomp. Beach Fla,are ignoring me, wont fix the car, said the ywont fix it anymore, and someone, who neither GM or the dealer will identify,said that I am 'abusing' my car! So that is why it wont be fixed anymore!!!

This is a 2006 Aveo with 5,600 miles on it in 18 months, oil changed 5 times in that time with synthetic oil, constantly washed/waxed and coddled. Yet I am 'abusing' it! Today I am taking it to another dealer to get a 'second opinion' at GM's suggextion. I gave them a suggestion as well!
I have a 3 year warranty on this car, and if they have to fix it every day, they WILL!. Has anyone else had dealer problems like this? I had a service advisor that I praised to the hilt in every post. Now he has hung up on me 2 times when I called to ask for his help on what to do!!! He only said that HE never said I was Abusing my car. and that none of HIS workers has ever said that. since then he has hung up on me 2 times,when I call to ask for help!

Well this is a new discussion section for good or bad dealings with your dealer. Heres my BAD dealing, I have about given up on having a working hatch, after today I will decide IF I even keep the car. I'll go back to a Ford Ranger truck, I never had a problem with any of my 5 Rangers,and I got better mileage in them with much bigger engines!

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I'm sorry you're continuing to have so many problems with your dealership. Have you posted a service review for them yet? That would be an affective way to let others know of your dissatisfaction with this particular dealership. You may begin here: http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/drr/jump.html

Also, have you tried going to another Chevy dealership? Perhaps they will be more helpful.
  • flaaveoflaaveo Member Posts: 161
    This forum is for posting GOOD experiences as well as BAD. Not just bad ones. It is a place to vent both the good and the bad about dealers in everyones area. I never even heard about this dealership write up that you lead me to.So I am sure others haven't heard of it either.

This way we can see if ALL dealers are as good or bad across the country, and how they treat us Aveo owners. Lets hear the good...and the bad. since I am now getting all the bad. I want to know if it is just Florida, the usual treatment here by any company. Or if it is at dealers across the USA. But lets here the good experiences to!
  • demoman1demoman1 Member Posts: 8
    I thought other people had bad experiences well here's mine. Got the oil changed the other day. There service manager informed me the oil I brought was a quart short he said my Aveo 07 sedan takes 4 3/4 quarts. They over filled my car, well I blew a oil plan gasket and who knows what seal problems. Of course they quickly gave me a loaner while it was in the shop. Well I'll get it back this Friday . Second oil change at that!
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    Luckily it happened at a dealer.
  • salinas4usalinas4u Member Posts: 6
    I have had several issues with my 2009 Aveo. But my service Dept. at Pembertons Chevrolet has taken care of every issue. This last issue was a rough one. Not only for me but for them also. My car was in the shop over a month before they got it running. They had me a rental car within a week. When the last part they ordered did not come in within a proper time frame they replaced the whole transmission. The GM Customer Service has also been wonderful. They called me every couple of days up until the last few weeks. Then i found out there was a glitch in the phone line and they couldnt reach me. But every one has been great. Including Edmunds. My car runs like a new one now. I wished all the people here with issues had a great service department. That is the key. I had previously posted this under "serious engine problems" but see that it belongs here.
  • joeymike37joeymike37 Member Posts: 1
    I've had no luck going to my dealership (JBA Chevrolet in Glen Burnie, MD). I've had my 2009 Chevy Aveo in there within the last few months (since July) about 3 times. Once was for a spark plug recall...and then while there made an appointment to check out why my car does this no crank/no start thing but starts right up after a few minutes with no problem whatsoever. Well, that was pointless. They said they couldn't get it do it for them at all no matter what time they went out to check on it. What was annoying and poor customer service was *I* was the one calling them to find out the status of my car. This went on for 3 days. Then less than two days after having it back I had to take it right back because it was doing the no crank/no start thing again. Now mind you it doesn't do it every day. I told them that. It's not consistently doing this so I can't pinpoint when "I do this it does that" kinda thing. Now this 2nd time, I left something in my car that I needed so I went back to the dealership to see if I could just grab it out of the car real quick. The service guy that was/is assigned to me confronted me about my "spark plug" survey. He said, "YOU trashed me! You should know that surveys help us make money and if you give me anything less than OUTSTANDING I don't get more money." I was shell-shocked! How dare he confront me like that in a room full of people?! First of all, I gave them satisfactory or no-opinion responses. I never gave him anything horrible. THEN to top it all off... he said, "The next survey you fill out, please fib...even if it isn't outstanding I need to make money." I went home crying horribly because I've never EVER been asked to lie like that. I won't lie plain & simple. The issue is still not solved and now my hold light is flashing (even if the car's running fine). I'm so fed up with this car that I'm ready to trade it in even if it means sucking up a less-than valuable trade.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning joeymike37,

We're sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with your dealership. We can check into this situation and further document it if you wanted to contact us via email (please include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • elvisthepelviselvisthepelvis Member Posts: 6
    I no longer go to the Dealership or Chiltons for anything any more because the only good reliable answers I get are from folks like you. I cant prove it but Im willing to bet the dealerships come here for advice too. Thats why you always see the GM folks on here trying to help so that they can bail out their own people with new TSB's.

I do feel sorry for the folks that cant do their own work due to lack of tools, mechanical knowledge etc.. Life is hectic.

I did however learn to never tell anyone you have a Scanner because your buddies will bombard you for favors. Just me I guess.
  • elvisthepelviselvisthepelvis Member Posts: 6
    So far I cant find anyone that will sell me transmission fluid. Is this just a dealership item?
    Me 2005 chevy aveo at 149,000 miles.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    elvisthepelvis,
    Per your manual, the recommended automatic fluid is T-IV Automatic Transmission Fluid (GM Part No. U.S. 88900925, in Canada 22689186). If your vehicle is a manual, GM Goodwrench Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid (GM Part No. U.S. 12346190, in Canada 10953477) or equivalent SAE 75W-85 GL-4 gear oil is recommended.
    I hope this helps you in your search!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • azfyrfyterazfyrfyter Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Wow...I like this site. I can't believe I found a forum that GM actually monitors and comments on.

First, I want to give a shout out to my dealership. Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler, Arizona...I have bought 5 vehicles from them and the sales and service were the best I have experienced in 30+ years of driving.

Second, don't ever buy an Aveo...it is the worst mistake Chevy ever made (probably why they don't make them anymore). Mine is in the shop now...again. Not the dealer's fault...it just that this is one of the worst rebranded imports I have every had the displeasure to own.
  • azfyrfyterazfyrfyter Member Posts: 2
    We paid way too much for this 2009 Chevy Aveo, but it is a nice looking LT. Now with about 40,000 miles on it, the chrome on the AC vents, the door handles and the shift trim are all peeling. I know we are not the only ones with this problem. The original warranty and the added service agreement do not cover this as it is deemed "cosmetic" and not part failure.

Okay GM...what's up...is this another GM problem that is going to be ignored, like the incredible peeling paint on my 1994 Suburban? This is not even an import problem as my other daughter's 2011 Equinox has peeling chrome also.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi azfyrfyter,

We understand your frustration with this matter, and apologize that you are experiencing peeling chrome in your Aveo. We'd be more than happy to go over any additional warranty information, or look up any bulletins referencing this specific issue. We can be contacted by email at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • barkydogbarkydog Member Posts: 45
    Yep, GM customer service has the sweetest, politest ways of telling you that your problem isn't covered under warranty and that they won't do anything about it.

Yes, what you are describing is cosmetic. Not that I want to be an apologist for GM, but what did you expect from a cheap econobox car? The interior is made of inexpensive plastic materials. You get what you pay for.

I've got a 2009 that is garaged daily since new and it has no such cosmetic deficiencies. The fit and finish of the exterior is nothing less than excellent - impressive by any standard.

Does your car run reliably? That's what matters most. The rest is window dressing.