Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Tiburon Electrical and Lighting Problems

2»

Comments

• agentml99agentml99 Posts: 1
    I am having similar problems as to those mentioned and more. I have a 2007 and I have only had it for about 6 mos. it has a little over 60,000 miles on it. (of course this makes me past the warranty by about 1,000 mi./a few months) A few months ago my stereo started to turn off and on for no apparent reason. You would think if there was a short it would happen when you hit a bump or such. NOT!!! Then it started to do it when I would turn on a signal, or step on the brake, etc. Now understand it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it will go days without episode and then just start up again. It seems like the minute I tell someone about it and they get in my car of course I look like I am imagining it because it runs fine. Now recently it is affecting other things like I will be driving down the freeway when all of the sudden its like I lose power for a split second...all the dials on the gauges will drop and the car will jerk and then it is back to normal. The last few times I have put gas in it doesn't register until I drive it for a while and it now feels like it is hesitating...almost as if the e-brake is on. (but it is not) and at times it feels like the RPM's are running too high. So my question is could this be due to the BCM as well?
  • I am having the same exact problem but, my car kills itself once turned off and then I have to keep trying and trying until it finally turns on, also whatever this electrical problem is, its killing the battery, autozone now hates me for all the free batteries I keep getting since my car kills it within a few weeks

Have ypu figured out the issue!? I'm like so ready to throw in the towel and get a new car. I love my 2008 tiburon but this BS is getting ridiculous!!!!!!
  • jen718jen718 Posts: 1
    I just recently got a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. I am noticing a lot of people are commenting about how their blinkers stay on or freeze; my problem though is that my blinkers and caution lights will not come on at all. there is no indication of them coming on on my dash as well as no actual lights on the outside. Do you think i just need to replace the relay like everyone else or is there a different problem? The last owner thinks it needs a new fuse but I assume those are more expensive and would hate to buy it if its not needed. Also, I noticed a "Ticking" sound when i turn my car on, we looked under the hood and noticed there was something sparking on the left side under the engine, any ideas?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913
    If there's sparking under the hood, it sounds like you have some kind of short and that could definitely be associated with your lighting problem. Once you track that down and get it taken care of, you may find that will cure all your ills.

If you do need to change a fuse, that will be cheaper than a relay. Fuses are on the the order of $5, relays will be in the range of $10 - $20.

But first, find out what's sparking under the hood. It might be as simple as a wire that has rubbed raw and is now shorting to ground.
    jen718 said:

I just recently got a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. I am noticing a lot of people are commenting about how their blinkers stay on or freeze; my problem though is that my blinkers and caution lights will not come on at all. there is no indication of them coming on on my dash as well as no actual lights on the outside. Do you think i just need to replace the relay like everyone else or is there a different problem? The last owner thinks it needs a new fuse but I assume those are more expensive and would hate to buy it if its not needed. Also, I noticed a "Ticking" sound when i turn my car on, we looked under the hood and noticed there was something sparking on the left side under the engine, any ideas?

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

2»