Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Century Electrical/Lights

Comments

• My issue was a fuse.
  • I replaced headlight switch and no luck going to try the relay switches next and possibly see if its a fusable link if not I guess I go back to square one with a wire tester and check each and every one in the car. Anyone with any advice please respond and help 95 buick century wagon.
  • hoodlatchhoodlatch Mid-westPosts: 255
    What exactly are you trying to fix? :confuse:
  • loopsyloopsy Posts: 5
    I have a 1995 Century Wagon 3.1L engine. Took it out to store got home the autolocks quit working.Took it back out at another store started it up and my headlights didn't work my tail lights,brake lights,hazzard lights,horn,courtesy lights are out. The radio and clock won't stay set resets everytime you start it. I have turn signals and back up lights thats it. All went down at the same time. Had to replace two 5 amp fuses still not coming on. I replaced the headlight switch still nothing. Just put in a new relay switch still nothing. I got a conuinity tester checking back of fuse boxes every wire I can find still nothing. Any other ideas. I had a transmission replaced about 3 and half months ago. Is it possible it is a fusable link off of the starter. I have dash lights and it runs down the road. Any ideas any other tests or places to look let me know. Tested the alternator not that either. Don't know what else to do. I have a lot of money in this car and can't afford to take it in at the present time. Please any help would be appreciated. :mad:
    Electrical trouble-shooting is time consuming and wears on the patients. What I usually do is use a voltmeter and start back tracking till I find a voltage. Sometimes a bad ground wire connection can cause havoc. My experience on headlights is most of the time they have a bad ground or open circuit. They don't use fuses or fuzable links. They use a circuit breaker that opens and closes when it cools down. Maybe the bonding strap from the engine to the chassis is defective or loose.

Happy hunting. :)
    Where is the circuit breaker located on this car. I only have an owners manual thats it. We are getting blasted with snow and wind and freezing temps. I started the car a few times yesterday now she won't start got to get a jump. So am stalled at the moment. I am out here checking wires and bulbs and fuses with a tester. I do not have a volt meter however and no lights. Can't even get it to the parts store to see if one of them can check it. Thank you by the way for helping out appreciate it very much. :confuse:
    Sorry to hear about all the bad weather and all the bad luck. I'm not familiar with the 95 but it doesn't sound to me like breakers, fuses, and bulbs are your problem. I'm thinking more like cables, grounds, bonding straps, and cable connections. To effectively trouble-shoot electrical problems these days a person pretty much needs some instruments to work with. Maybe its time to get some outside help. Good luck. :)
  • jj2010jj2010 Posts: 1
    My dash lighting was out along with the rear running lights. While lights were on and car running at night I popped my trunk and opened it past 20 or 30 degrees it blew the fuse. It's a 15 amp fuse that supplies lighting to the 2 items mentioned. Haven't bothered to locate short. I just pull the fuse when I need to get use trunk. Hope it helps you or some in future. (keep spare fuses in car just in case)
  • i was wondering if you got a answer to 1990 buick century power window main switch not working i have the same problem all the others work
  • No, but I got it fixed. It was a fuse. I thought it could have been the switch. I replaced ther 5 amp fuse with a 10 amp.
  • one person said you can use the power off the door lock the orange wire on the door lock is live i wanted to know what is the color wire i can jump over to they are seven [ blue ] blue with white ] black ] dark brown ] light tan ] dark green ] light green i checked all wires with tester no power to windows but work on other doors thank you
  • Hi,
    When driving along in the evening the headlights occasionally blink on and off. I turned on the headlight switch thinking it was the sensor but it still does it. Any thoughts? Thanks, jmurray171
  • It may be a loose or bad bulb.
    I am on my third battery at this point same year 95 buick century wagon when I first got the car the dome light was very hot and I just took out the bulb and didn't mess with it. Noticed though that when I turn something else on my dash lights would dim a little then go back. My car is still down and you can read my other entries let me know if you have come up with anything. Hope I helped.
  • Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your 1995 Buick Century? I have almost the same exact thing happening with mine right now. I did not change the starter but did replace a fender and did some headlight work due to an accident. Now the ABS light is on and most of the items you identify don't work for me either. They did work for a couple of days after the repair work was done and then went out.
  • prince33prince33 Posts: 3
    1993 buick century custom. How to replace the passenger side courtesy Light that shows the Handle,Power door locks & windows??
  • I have a 94 buick century and while driving the car my Battery,check engine,air bag, lights come on and ant this point the transmission feels as if its slipping someone please i need some advic on what to do i already replaced the battery and ecm please help
  • anctechanctech Posts: 4
    The problem with your instrument panel lights lies withing the board itself. I repair these boards with a warranty. If you get a new one, you will not have the same mileage reading, so you will need to refurbish your board. Contact me at ANCTechnologies at Hotmail.com
  • anctechanctech Posts: 4
    Hey Mike,
    the problem lies within the cluster board itself. I repair these because it seems to happen to all of the 97-2004 models. If you want, contact me at ANCTechnologies at hotmail.com
  • OF COARSE AFTER SEARCHING THRU THE BOAT-LOAD OF BOOKS WE HAVE, I FOUND PLENTY OF INFO ON EVERYTHING EXCEPT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR~IM SEARCHING FOR A SITE CONTAINING 1993 BUICK CENTURY WIRING SCHEMATIC ...THAT DOES NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD FEE* ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED { IM A FAIRLY NEW GARAGE-BUDDY :blush: }