Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Century Electrical/Lights

Comments

• chuckiebtoochuckiebtoo Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Hi, I'm new here hoping to find out why my right front blinker light constantly (like every day) malfunctions. The bulb doesn't burn out, but the socket overheats and burns one of the connector wires on the bulb (as well as melting a little bit of the socket.

The rear blinker on the right side blinks fast, and the front bulb doesn't work at all.
    I've changed the socket a couple of times....no difference.

I can sometimes clean the connectors and/or wiggle the bulb around but it'll only work for a couple of right turns).

Thanks,

Chuck
  • mph22mph22 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Buick Century with a six speaker sound system. For several weeks I would get a crackling noise from 1 to 3 of the speakers even if the volume was turned down completely. Then it would quit and all was fine for a while. The problem occurred whenever I hit bumps in the road. Sometime the speakers would fade in and out. Eventually the sound stopped. The radio would come on fine, just no sound. I installed a new radio, still no sound. Any ideas as to the cause and fix?
  • where is the transmission drain plug located to change fluid
  • munleyjmunleyj Posts: 8
    Not sure. I had someone do it.
  • hoodlatchhoodlatch Mid-westPosts: 255
    They don't have drain plugs, GM figures it cost too much. Some gm cars
    don't even have
    a dipstick for the trans. The last time I had my pan off I welded
    a
    plug in. Changing trans fluid is a big mess any way you go about it. My kids Saturn has a drain plug & a spin on filter. I guess that made too much since so gm's answer was to quit making the Saturn. I thought they had a decent product with Century and Lasaber but they got dropped. Same way with S10.
  • meb28meb28 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 2002 Buick Century that will not start. My friend has looked at it and checked the fuses themselves and says that they are good. He believes the problem is something to do with the the fuse box itself going bad. Can this happen? He knows more about cars then I do but this has both of us stumped. Something about an electrical low? (not sure about this part) We've tried putting it on a charger but I don't believe its the battery. We've tried jumping and still nothing. :(
    I had a similar problem that turned out to be the chip on the key. I used the spare set of keys and it worked fine.
  • techkentechken Posts: 4
    I have a 1995 Century Wagon 3.1L engine. Took it out to store got home the autolocks quit working.Took it back out at another store started it up and my headlights didn't work my tail lights,brake lights,hazzard lights,horn,courtesy lights are out. The radio and clock won't stay set resets everytime you start it. I have turn signals and back up lights thats it. All went down at the same time. Had to replace two 5 amp fuses still not coming on. I replaced the headlight switch still nothing. Just put in a new relay switch still nothing. I got a conuinity tester checking back of fuse boxes every wire I can find still nothing. Any other ideas. I had a transmission replaced about 3 and half months ago. Is it possible it is a fusable link off of the starter. I have dash lights and it runs down the road. Any ideas any other tests or places to look let me know. Tested the alternator not that either. Don't know what else to do. I have a lot of money in this car and can't afford to take it in at the present time. Please any help would be appreciated.
    u gotta drop the pan change filter and gasket
  • munleyjmunleyj Posts: 8
    Sound like either a short or another electrical problem. No idea.
    someone earlier wrote somthing identical but dident write what the fix is.
    my car is in peices and my wife is gonna have a baby any hour lol
    hey loopsy i have the EXACT problem with mine.
    what was the fix?
  • dieselissydieselissy Posts: 34
    edited September 2010
    i know it's kind of old, but i just fixed my dads dash. go on you tube and type buick century dashboard. All you have to do is remove dash and solder 4 resistors only for a buck at radio shack . and whala! lights on again.
    hope this helps., did for my dads car. Also helped fix the electronic climate control using another solder technique. also has bad resistors that burn and when resoldered worked again like new!!!!
    Issy :shades:
    Thanks for the input.
  • My son has the car at college, but the tail lights and license plate light does not work. Brake lights do work and Hazards as well. He check the fuse and put a new one in just incase, but no difference. Any Suggestions.
  • have him check the wires coming from the trunk to lights, most of the time wires break there causing no lights
    pull tape and check wiring
  • Have the same problem! Please tell me you found out wat is wrong and please let me know thanks.
  • basically all you have to do is pull the ''lights'' knob out once to the ''park'' lamp position, it will chime then just push it back in to off. hope this helps!
  • The shifter indicator and kms. indicator lights for my 2003 Buick Century are out. What's involved to replace them?
  • The described 99 Century CEL's remain on. The oil is OK. Should I disconnect the battery to reset the codes error readings or ???

Chuck