Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Century Electrical/Lights

Comments

• Replying to: mbaldock, #4 of 82 Re: Buick Century Headlights
    I am having the same problem. I think I have located a used part but not sure. Does anyone know the part number or what the replacement part is called. I would appreciate any info anyone can give me.
  • 99 Century left-side dash vents (and other left side vents>) blowing warm air while right side blows AC.

I pretty much know it's a mechanical prob with the vent mechanisms, but what can I do about it?

Thanks,

Chuck
  • I have a 2003 Century and the right low beam light went out. The bulb is good and the fuse is good. Anyone have any idea on what to check next?
  • no tengo liz interior en mi century 1993 alguna ayuda gracias
  • in the door inside is the open the door
  • help
    I have a buick century 2000. this is the problem, the blower motor on the passenger side will not turn off, even with the engine off and the key out of the ignition. the only way to get it to stop is to pull the 60amp maxi fuse at location BAT#2. this however disables a couple of things including the break lights so of course I just got pulled over and issued a warning for nonworking break lights. I have disassembled the heater control panel and disconnected the two wire bundles but to no avail. please help.
    thanks.
    bob
  • rarerubyrareruby Posts: 3
    We had the same problem. Turned out that the stadium chairs we keep in our trunk were pushing on a bit of wiring that was poking out from the holes to access the tail lights. The wires were being pushed against the sharp metal edge of the holes, thus causing a short and blowing a fuse. The taillight fuse also controls the dashboard lights (it doesn't say that in the manual, it was discovered by trial and error...) We taped up the wire that was shorting, and pushed the wiring back into it's access hole. Replaced the traillight fuse, and the issue was solved. It was NOT the "dimmer" fuse as we originally thought. Wish the manual had noted that dash lights were on the taillight fuse!
    Are you tail lights also out? What about the lighting on your door buttons for lock and window? All of this was out on our Century and all at once. Yet, we too had the PRND12 indicator lit... Turned out that the stadium chairs we keep in our trunk were pushing on a bit of wiring that was poking out from the holes to access the tail lights. The wires were being pushed against the sharp metal edge of the holes, thus causing a short and blowing a fuse. The taillight fuse also controls the dashboard lights (it doesn't say that in the manual, it was discovered by trial and error...) We taped up the wire that was shorting, and pushed the wiring back into it's access hole. Replaced the traillight fuse, and the issue was solved. It was NOT the "dimmer" fuse as we originally thought. Wish the manual had noted that dash lights were on the taillight fuse!
    Last time we needed to drive at night we realized that our dash lights were out, as well as our tail lights, and the courtesy lights for lock/window on the doors. Turned out that the stadium chairs we keep in our trunk were pushing on a bit of wiring that was poking out from the holes to access the tail lights. The wires were being pushed against the sharp metal edge of the holes, thus causing a short and blowing a fuse. The taillight fuse also controls the dashboard and door lights (it doesn't say that in the manual, it was discovered by trial and error...) We taped up the wire that was shorting, and pushed the wiring back into it's access hole. Replaced the traillight fuse, and the issue was solved. It was NOT the "dimmer" fuse as we originally thought. Wish the manual had noted that dash lights were on the taillight fuse!
  • goneagaingoneagain Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.
  • cshousleycshousley Posts: 3
    I have the same problem. What did you do?
  • mushkamushka Posts: 1
    Where can I find a replacement cluster for 2001 Buick Century
  • cshousleycshousley Posts: 3
    I cannot vouch for this company as I have not used them; however, I did find this company that repairs an instrument panel.

http://www.mrwhizard.com/index.cfm
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    You can also check www.car-part.com. They have a pretty good list of parts from salvage yards all over the country. If you don't feel comfortable ordering, you can always use the site to help find a salvage yard near you, then you can work with them on getting the replacement part.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• i have been reading past discussions and mine is different. my dashlights are out meaning my odometer and my gear shift for my 2001 buick century custom now my lights are out but my tail lights still work what do i do?
  • If it is just the odometer and gear shift lights that are out, go to Youtube and do a search for Buick Century dash lights... Eventually you will find info and video about the four resistors that need to be replaced. Worked for me. Cost less than 2 bucks from Radio Shack. Of course I took out the dash, get instructions... I had a friend who was more experienced at sodering to soder on the new resistors. Saved me a bundle.
  • I got a 2004 buick century with the same problem of the headlites going off,then hitting the hi beams makes them come back,,any solutions ?? Zapp
  • I have a 2003 Buick century, which for the past couple weeks has been driving me crazy with blown bulbs. First was the back up lights, replaced those, then tail lights, replaced those (one by one), then brake light. I eventually replaced every bulb in the rear light cluster. Now instrument panel and all tail lights out, found the bad 15 amp fuse replaced it and still no lights. When everything started I did notice a hairline crack in the tail lens which was allowing water to get into the tail lens and corrode the bulb housings. I sealed the crack and checked for any damaged wiring however other than a little corrosion which i cleaned, nothing. Please help I'm pulling my hair out. I'm pretty sure its a short in the wiring however electrical wiring diagrams are like french to me. PLEASE PLEASE tell me any advise on where you think I should start looking for the short. Thanks
  • This problem just happened in my vehicle too. I was wondering if you would happen to know the part number or what the part is called?
  • did anyone find out what the problem is...same thing is going on with my daughter's car