Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Century Electrical/Lights

1235»

Comments

• yvesmyvesm Posts: 2
    Check the 15 Amp fuse labelled "INADV POWER BUS" (location E 7-8 on my fuse block). It blew in my 2002 Buick Century and I had no power windows, no courtesy lights and no radio. It looks like it happened a few times because I found a few blown 15 Amp fuses in the spares in the foam on the cover to the fuse box on the passenger side of the dash board and a blown 25 Amp fuse in the INADV POWER BUS slot. There is obviously a transient overload condition somewhere and whoever put the bigger fuse in (dealer shop?) probably hoped that would solve the problem.
  • robby1970robby1970 Posts: 1
    whaywardj said:
    Recently had a mechanic replace the starter on my 1995 Buick Century (6-cyl). As I drove the car back home, I noticed the ABS light was on. Further investigation revealed that -- although I had turn-signals, the radio worked, and fuses I could examine in the glove box fuse panel were good -- I had no headlights, no brake lights, no interior lights, no courtesy lights, the power locks didn't work, and the radio reset everytime I turned-off the ignition. (Didn't check cruise control or hazard lights.) Is there a connection? I think there are four fusible links in wires going to the starter motor. Could one or more of these have been damaged during starter replacement and cause all this? Or (I hate to think it!) could the car's computer have been rigged during diagnostics to cause it?
1235»