Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge SYNC Bluetooth SiriusXM Audio Questions

Comments

• I had this problem as well the other day... I got around it by resetting the iPod by holding down the menu and center buttons until the apple logo appears, then re-connect the iPod. Hope that helps.
  • Yes my fusion is in for this same reason and they have no idea what is causing the issues.. The tech line is baffled. The usb worked for about 4 days after I bought it then stopped working all together. Stop charging, nothing is coming through
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,665
    That's an incredibly stupid article. That's like saying Microsoft Office should only cost $1 because that's all it cost to burn the CD-ROM. They're totally ignoring software development and testing costs.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    They only way it is making them significant money is if people buy the cars to get SYNC that wouldn't have bought the cars otherwise.
    SYNC is attractive, but I don't see any vehicle I'm ready to buy.

The Edge is a too much of a gas guzzler and too pricey for me, the Taurus and Sable are sad, poorly-styled vehicles (Ford admits this and plans a total restyle of the Taurus within a year or two since the current tepid styling update from Five Hundred to Taurus was inadequate), the Fusion needs stability control to be competitive with even a Chevy Malibu and the Focus is a very old design hidden under a restyled body and interior and still has no stability control.
    No one really wants a Focus except for price, so the resale when used will be atrocious.
    Nothing relevant to me.

SYNC still needs some tweaking to make it more elegant and seamless. The nav systems needs to be fully integrated with SYNC and not use a separate voice control system like they do now.
    Maybe they will take care of this when the next generation of factory nav comes out.
  • bhgnsbhgns Posts: 2
    "Yes my fusion is in for this same reason and they have no idea what is causing the issues.. The tech line is baffled. The usb worked for about 4 days after I bought it then stopped working all together. Stop charging, nothing is coming through "

Hey there behrman, have you found a solution to your problem yet? I have the 2008 Ford Focus with sync and the last time I plugged in my mp3 player via the usb port it knocked out my voice commands. I did a factory reset and got it all back up and running again, only to add a sd card for more tunes and once again BAM out goes my voice commands. This time I did a factory reset with no luck and then a master reset with still no luck. I can still play the mp3 player thru the usb as long as I manually set it up using the dashboard controls, my bluetooth phone will also sync up being able to use the player it has on it and still talk on the phone through the radio but only if I set everything manually. I cannot access the actual voice commands off the steering wheel nor use the phone feature (little phone button) from there either.
    I called Ford customer service since I cannot get to the dealership til next wednesday, they tell me that they have had this happen at another dealership and turns out it was in the button, myself I am thinking something screwy is happenenin with the USB hookups being as that is where my trouble seems to be stemming from. :confuse:

Good luck to ya, hope you found some help. If I figure it out or find out from the delaership, I will pop back in and leave it on here.

Have a good day all. :)
  • bhgnsbhgns Posts: 2
    Whelp I solved my problem. I decided to have a look at my fuses, removed the panel beneath the steering wheel and removed the fuse for my sync. I looked it over and saw that it did not look like it had blown but decided to check in the house for a new one anyway (thought I had a box of fives somewhere) turned out I could not find them, so back to the car I went and since the fuse did not look burnt I placed it back in and then checked all the rest finding that most were not fully seated in. I pushed all of them in secure, did a master reset on my sync controls and then fired it all back up again. Badda bing badda bang I have the lady in the dash back and all is well in my world. ;)
  • nreddyknreddyk Posts: 2
    LG Rumor phone does not work with Sync. Just talked to tech support and they confirmed it. I thought Bluetooth technology was standardized and everything is supposed to integrated seamlessly. So much for that.
    :sick:
    The Bluetooth interface IS standardized, and Sync supports it fully. The problem is that each phone mfr and service provider implements their own version of the standard and in a lot of cases they only support a subset of the features or a lower version or they just have bugs.

If you notice the fix for all of these incompatibility issues is to upgrade the phone's firmware.

Bluetooth headsets are very rudimentary. When you get into downloading phone books and text messages and streaming audio it gets much more complicated.
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    You can pair up to 12 phones.
  • ppagliappaglia Posts: 2
    Can you provide some details regarding how you were able to download contacts for a customer that had a new Treo. I have a Treo 700 series w/Palm OS and having been able to download my contacts list. The only thing that appears to download are numbers in the shortcuts (Voicemail #) and my call log list.
    thanks for your help.
    Paul
  • cmarcuscmarcus Posts: 17
    You've confused me withsomeone else. My Edge is an 07 and doesn't have Synch. I have no idea what Treo is.
    cmarcus
    Have you tried syncmyride.com ?
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    you need to access the phone menu by pressing the phone button, then use the left and right buttons on the steering wheel to get to phone settings then press the ok button then use left and right to get to auto download then press ok then press ok to select Y.

If you get a response that "auto download is not supported" then you need to see if you can get a software upgrade from your carrier. As a last resort, you can push contacts from the phone. This is also one of the selections in the phone settings menu.

Mark
  • ppagliappaglia Posts: 2
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
  • ltadltad Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2008 Ltd. FWD. It has everything on it, except the Sirius radio (although it has the nav/audiophile stereo). Can I add Sirius or XM, after the fact? I have XM on my other cars, so I'd prefer to go that route, if possible.

Thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    This looks amazing at an affordable price and 3 years of free service AND you don't even have to pay for an extra cost data plan on your cell phone!

http://ces.cnet.com/1801-19505-50004970.html
  • ltadltad Posts: 5
    Can I upgrade to the new version from the old one on my 2008?
  • rangerjrangerj Posts: 2
    I have what I think is a glitch with my Edge's nav system. When I want to enter a destination by street address, the right half of the two columns on the Destination | Standard page is gray and I can't do it. Occasionally, it will either illuminate the four choices or when I switch to the Standard page, it will be usable, but not as a rule.

This situation makes me have to use the Sync system to enter a destination, and since the unit can't understand my (or my wife's accent) half the time, by the time I get the destination entered, I'm there.

I have used a bunch of other GPS units, vehicle and marine, and have never had any trouble figuring them out without the manual; I can't figure this one out with it.

Any ideas??
  • Can anyone tell me how my 2010 Fusion Sync system needs to be set up to read text messages? I read in the owners manual something about the text message must come into your phone via bluetooth?