Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Vibration/Pulsation/Bouncing

Comments

• slt68slt68 Posts: 1
    I own a '95 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, has the 5.9 gas engine, 4spd. automatic tranny.
    between 50-mph up to about 60-mph, my truck has a very bad vibration problem, even tends to hum a bit under loads going up hills, seems like I'm losing power until I get back on level ground, then everything smoothes out. Does this with or without being in overdrive! The truck is in excellent shape. Maintained every 4000 miles. Does anyone out there have any clue's on what my problem might be??

Guy's at the local Dodge Dealership doesn't have a clue!! After spending close to $1,200.00 I still have the same problem as before. :confuse:
  • tczjr5tczjr5 Posts: 2
    replaced the cap and rotor and wires going to put new plugs in it WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE
  • hit the button at the end of the shifter and put the truck in tow/haul when traveling at speeds 50-80 km/h
  • BeartoBearto Posts: 2
    After dealing with my vibration issues since November 2006 I finally won my case with Chrylser Canada and they were forced to take back my leased truck. Bottom line is Chrylser was unable to repair it. So all of you out there that have vibration issues with your 2006 1500 quad cab 4x4, there is a real problem and its not in your head. :shades: :) :) :)
  • Hi im having the same problem with m 2003 Dodge Ram Hemi and was wondering if you ever figured out what was causing the vibration?
  • This may not be related to this guys vibration situation but on other RAM vibration threads it might help. Check the air pressure in your tires. I have found that running the tires at about 32 psi compared to 35psi (or higher) you get a smoother ride with less vibration or at least thats my experience. As long as you dont go under 30 psi, tire safety shouldn't be an issue (in my opinion).

Ski in TX
  • The vibration im having isnt constant so i dont think its the tire pressure. When im going around 50mph or more and let off the throttle there is a spot where it makes the truck vibrate and makes a noise. throughout the rest of the throttle range its fine. on a coast and on using the power just that point in between where its going from power to coast it has the vibration. If i hold the throttle in that postion it does it constantly but thats the only spot of my throttle range it happens. Im thinking it might be something with the torque converter. Any Ideas?
  • The vibration you are experincing has come up here before with no solution. I "think" I feel it too on my 07 RAM 1500 at between 50 & 60 mph on an uphill road. I believe it is the tranny lugging in overdrive between these speeds. But thats only my opinion. Usually when the engine is chugging along up a slight grade or such you will feel it.

Dont worry, be happy! Not much you can do about it.

Ski in TX
  • I have a 2004 Dodge 1500 4x4 with a Hemi (>100K miles) Over the past couple of months I get a vibration or howling from the rear end only when accelerating from a stop. I have coasted to a stop and get the same results so it is not break related. Does not happen all the time but often enough to drive me crazy. It will stop after I get to about 10 MPH . Has anyone had this issue or any idea's of the cause? Been to dealer once with it but as usual they did not hear it at the time.
  • I HAVE D SAME VIBRATION
  • did you ever get this problem resolved? I have had 4 different dealerships check the vehicle for the vibration with no resolve. slight vibration, (can actually see the passenger side seat shaking). they replaced several parts.
  • did you ever get this problem resolved? I have had 4 different dealerships check the vehicle for the vibration with no resolve. slight vibration, (can actually see the passenger side seat shaking). they replaced several parts.
  • ottsrx7ottsrx7 Posts: 2
    Not Yet. . . It makes me crazy. . . did they fix yours? if so what did they do?
  • davelbdavelb Posts: 11
    I have just leased a 2007 Ram 1500 that has a terrible vibration in the rear. They have replaced many parts and have had the truck for over 8 days. I wonder what you did to get Chrysler Canada to take back the truck..? The dealer has indicated that they cannot fix the truck.
  • stanoskistanoski Posts: 76
    Bearto,

What specically is vibrating do you think? How fast are you going? RPM's at the time of vibration? Does it all the time or just sometimes? I have an 07 that vibrates sometimes but only between 50mph & 60mph in overdrive under a load (or slight uphill). Same deal or different?

Ski in TX
  • july21july21 Posts: 4
    Add me too. Looks like I had the same work done as you and still vibrates.I sued Chrysler thru the Lemon Law and got paid. However don't want to stick someone with a vibrating truck. Have you had any luck finding the problem? Thanks, Ron
    edited May 2010
    Dodge 1500 4dr 4 whl drive 4.7L engine 5 spd auto. I have a vibration (midcar type shimmy) most evident at 55 to 62 MPH. Don't feel anything in the steering wheel. But is there most of the time at any speed. Have new tires, balance 4-5 times, rotors balanced, replace front drive shaft, replaced rear drive shaft, new motor mounts, new trans mounts, complete rebuild of rear axle, new shocks, and new transfer case. All work done a dealer, and still have vibration? Any help would be appreciated. Don't want to sell this problem to someone else. Been chasing the problem for almost 2 years now. Help!! Thanks...
    Sued Chrysler under the Lemon Law and won a settlement..
  • egroegynotegroegynot Posts: 1
    My 2006 1500 has the same vibration many of you described here. Misery loves company and it looks like we've got a lot of company on this one. I'm real curious how folks went about the lemon law cases. Clearly it's a manufacturer's defect. I guess Toyota isn't the only one guilty of hiding problems from their customers. I hope anyone who gets the problem resolved will repost to this site. Thanks.