Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Vibration/Pulsation/Bouncing

Comments

• maximus2k2maximus2k2 Posts: 1
    I have exactly the same problem and it only happens when the truck has been running for at least 30 mins. I noticed that in the winter it doesn't happen often i guess due to the cold weather. I feel it when accelerating and turning a curve in the same time. Anyone had fixed this problem???
  • davelbdavelb Posts: 11
    My truck is back at the dealer...they have now replaced the rear bearings, torque converter, shocks, drive shaft, numerous front end parts, rotated the tires and the truck still vibrates at between 90-100KMs or 55-60mph. The longer you drive it the worst it gets and it is more noticeable in wet weather. They are working directly with Chrysler Canada technical team...I have statrted the paperwork to sue Chrysler and will start that process shortly should they have it much longer I got this truck on March 8th and the dealer has had it over 15 days for repair work.
  • july21july21 Posts: 4
    I sued and won big bucks from Chrysler (Lemon Law). I can see why they went Bankrupt. I went through the same thing. Changed everything but the kitchen sink. No improvement. I feel bad for the dealer and their technicians. They worked very hard to please, but were not getting support from Chrysler to fix it.They cannot fix the vibration according to what I have read online. After chasing this concern for over 2 years, I found the problem is involved with the frame. It was redesigned and not done right.. So I sued, won, traded my truck in at the dealer I bought it from so as not to get sued myself, bought a new Ford F-150. Couldn't be happier! It is super quiet, smooth (NO VIBERATION), and no more wind noise! Went from 13 MPH to 24 Mph.. Ford, Drive one, YOU'LL BE PLEASENTLY SURPRIZED!! Good luck.
    I have just got my 2007 Dodge Ram back from the dealer. They have had it 6 days and dedicated 3 technicians to the problem working with Chrysler Canada/US the truck has about 27,000miles on it 4 door Hemi. Today the dealer replaced the following which I must admit has cured the severe uncomfortable rear vibration to about a 98% improvement...I feel the slight vibration left is in the tires which are 20". They replaced the following rear end parts today.

52103717A Isolator
    5010321AF Gear Kit
    5017438AA Bearing
    68056356AA Seal
    5072506AA BRG Kit
    5072498AA BRG Kit
    5013477AB Sealant
    03400850 Diff Side Bearing
    axle replace & side gears
    0300102 Ring Gear & Pinion...original damaged upon inspection backlash noted

Prior to the repair today Chrysler replaced the drive shaft, rear shocks, torque converter, rear wheel bearings, rotated tires, replaced front tie rods...did software updates...none of these prior repairs had any effect.
    In follow up to this I have now driven the truck about 300 miles or 500kms without any sign of the returning rear vibration which used to happen between 90KM-100KM or 55-60mph. The truck is a 4X4 SLT hemi. The dealer noted the main problem with the read end tolerance not meeting required factory specs on the ring gear and pinion creating severe backlash with the gearing and damaging it significantly.

Make sure you have your dealer or techinician check the rear end and factory specs at time of servcing.
  • stanoskistanoski Posts: 76
    Is this only on 4X4's?
    It should not matter if it is 4X4 or not as the rear end will be the same on two wheel drive. The dealer disconnected the rear drive shaft and drove the truck as front wheel drive when determining or isolating the rear end vibration problem.

Regards,
  • casper49casper49 Posts: 4
    Here is what I think I found.....based on what I posted>>>> I did another brake job this past sun, turneds rotrs, upgraded to better pads and up to this point I still put up with that pulsating, and shaking, vibration, but this time I wanted to make sure I lubed extra parts the brakes were in contact with..so I greased the part were pads slides back n forth the pads itself has a U shape fork on both ends on them.. I lubed them.. and what they slide on. the calibers. and (i also went to the next step upgrade in pads, but Im not so sure the pads were the solution. after lubing those parts the pads slide on.. and now... bam!! no vibration nor pulsating, I was thinking if anyone knows what Im saying that the pads that has those u shape that slides onto the calibers, might want to try lubing them I fell that they tend to shutter, when the pad are applied and shutter leads to a vibration, ..this is my best guest, it couldnt been that easy. :)

Hi all, I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Auto, 5.9,360 w/77k miles. When I'm driving between 40mph and 50mph and then apply the brakes it does a weird Vibration/seen in the side view mirror the truck bed bouncing and even in the cab also can feel it in the pedal. but really noticable on a down hill. I'm not sure if its coming from underneath the truck. vibration/bounce does peak at 40 and goes away at lower speeds and if its still there its not noticable. I did have a "tread" seperation blowout but tire was still inflated on my right rear, and it seems like every since its been doing this , Now I thought it was my brakes so I replace them not once but twice.. 1st time 07/17/06 new rotors and pads then on 04/30/07 to find myself feeling this pulsation/vibration or bouncing again so I replace again turned the rotors and replce the pads, NOw its 10/28/07 and still feel it so I replace the back brakes turned drums to notice they seem appear to be in very good wear after 4 yrs or so..but still feel this after replacing them. What other problem could this be causing this. is it steming from I was think maybe shocks, drive shaft, Would and alignment be in order??? Experiences? If i take it in I'm almost sure they'll just give me the typical "We didn't seem to find anything wrong". or " We looked underneath, and everything seems to look fine and have to give them 100.00 for looking.
    It sounds like your U Joints and or drive shaft...tires would be another possible...I have heard of someone having several dried mud clumps inside a tire which created vibration when braking and driving ....Select model years did have drive shaft problems...but because you notice vibration when braking versus driving at set speeds and you have done brakes complete ...I would start with U Joints however this is usually tied to higher milage. My vibration experince is noted with my 2007 Ram 1500 as the rear end was damaged which has since been corrected...

**Make sure the techinician and yourself go for a test drive so the problem your experince is duplicated.
  • i have 99 dodge ram 5.9l 4x4 and when i start to hit 60mph i feel a vibration coming from under truck and it gets stronger faster i go. but my stering wheel doesnt vibrate and then i can hear a loud noise when i hit about 75 ...i just put brand new u-joints in and transfer case and rebuilt rear end..i read that could be the driveshaft out of balance or maybe front wheel bearing.............any ideas i even took off front shaft to see if vibration was still there n it was i dont know what this could be....thanks for the help
  • Hey there, I was curious when you bought your 2007 Ram? I just purchased one in October 2009 and have the same problem but at varying MPH and RPM. Have you had the truck since 2007? Did they fix it because you had a warranty? If you could help that would be great. I am looking around to see how much this is gonna cost me since I have no warranty and did not purchase it from a Dodge dealership. Thanks.
    I took over a current lease on my 2007 RAM in March of this year or 2010 which expires next September and that will be the end of this truck and any future Chrysler product. There was warranty available thankfully and the cost of repair to Chrysler on 22 days I estimate at $14,500...
  • stanoskistanoski Posts: 76
    What exactly did your 2007 RAM do and at what speeds again and what was the resolution? Sorry if I missed the earlier emails on this.
    have just got my 2007 Dodge Ram back from the dealer. They have had it 6 days and dedicated 3 technicians to the problem working with Chrysler Canada/US the truck has about 27,000miles on it 4 door Hemi. Today the dealer replaced the following which I must admit has cured the severe uncomfortable rear vibration to about a 98% improvement...I feel the slight vibration left is in the tires which are 20". They replaced the following rear end parts today.

52103717A Isolator
    5010321AF Gear Kit
    5017438AA Bearing
    68056356AA Seal
    5072506AA BRG Kit
    5072498AA BRG Kit
    5013477AB Sealant
    03400850 Diff Side Bearing
    axle replace & side gears
    0300102 Ring Gear & Pinion...original damaged upon inspection backlash noted

Prior to the repair today Chrysler replaced the drive shaft, rear shocks, torque converter, rear wheel bearings, rotated tires, replaced front tie rods...did software updates...none of these prior repairs had any effect.
  • I have an 07 1500 Ram 5.7 hemi slt quad cab with rear end vibration that I nor the dealer have been able to pinpoint. I have had the truck 2 months. This vibration has gradually gotten worse and gets worse with weight on truck. They tried putting different tires and wheels on the truck off a new truck, checked ujoints, drive line, with no results. I pulled cover off rear myself to find what I thought was alot of metal shavings and noticed alot of wear on differential gears but ring and pinion did not seem too bad but I have no way to check actual tolerances or backlash. The dealer said the shavings are normal and that the rear end is very unlikely cause of the problem... My truck has a bad bouce in the rear. You can see my tail gate bouncing and you can feel it in the seat. Sometimes it is worse than others and it does it at basically all speeds. If you run the truck up over 90 mph, the rear of the truck starts to growl.. Does this sound at all like what you were feeling with your ring and pinion being bad? Im at a loss and no one seems to have any answers
    The fastest way to isolate the rear end problem is to disconnect the rear drive shaft if the truck is a 4x4 and drive it as a front wheel drive...if there is no further vibration you know the problem is in the rear end. You have not indicated that this truck is a 4x4 so I will assume it is two wheel drive. Your dealer or technican will have to get the factory specs for the rear end gearing....there is a very good chance that it is way out of tolerance and is damaged...mine was out considerably. Based on the rear end wearing properly with right rear end fluid little if any metal filing should be apparent....very few...if you had a lot and you are getting a rear vibtartion...it is probably in the rear end and when you drive on the highway and or tow it gets hot.....the vibration on mine came through the drivers seat everything was done to this truck....before rebuilding the rear end...I believe after the time spent on my truck a total of 22 days that the rear end was never right direct from the factory.
  • My Ram is 4x4 and disconnecting the drive shaft to test it that way has not been done yet. My truck is over its 3k mile warranty already and the dealer seems to have no interest in finding and fixing the problem if it can be fixed so unless the rear goes completely out, the dealer is not going to rebuild rear and hope it fixes it. At this point, after 2 months of being in the shop more than driving and a big head ache, Im debating on cutting my loses and getting rid of the truck for something different. thanks for the info
    I understand...this is my second Chrysler product and my last both have been a nightmare. It was a weak moment getting this vechile as I assumed a lease and thankfully it expires next Sept. My best luck have been with the Chevy Avalanche...I have had two of them both excellent....and a F150 also a great truck...far better trucks for reliability and comfort. I will test drive the Toyato as one of my customers swears by them after giving up their Chrysler fleet.
  • hdrexhdrex Posts: 2
    i do know one of the vibration issues is in the flywheel dodge used a 2 piece flywheel for a few years not sure how many though i have 07 dodge 4x4 quad cab 5.9l and the vibration was while it idled the whole truck vibrated you rev it it would mainly go away when i pulled the tranny found it was a 2 piece flywheel and there was a change up for them. that problem was solved now im working on a different vibration happen about 110kmh hit a bump or a pot hole and the whole truck shakes violently replaced passenger tie rod and a front u-joint mostly took care of the problem but still happens the odd time i have a dr. side tie rod once i replace hopefully takes care of it. hope that helps some if you out there :sick:
  • The right front wheel on my 97 4x4 starts to rumble at about 30 mph when it is in 2wd. When I put it in 4wd, it goes away. The bearing was replaced about 1000 miles ago and there is no side play when I jack it up, and when I spin the wheel, it starts to rumble and vibrate in the hub area. Thanks