Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Vibration/Pulsation/Bouncing

• What could be broken that doesn't make a noise or feel loose? I have shaken my bed on all corners and its not loose... Or I guess a better question is what do I need to look for that would be broken on my diving board of a truck... HA...
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 48,259
    Well, where the bed secures to the frame (I guess you have a body on frame construction ??). Or if some supporting "rib" under the bed broke a weld. Basically, we're looking for anything that might allow the bed to "flex", like the sides of an oil can.

Anytime you have a wide expanse of sheet metal you can get oil canning. Many American cars of the 70s with their huge front hoods had this problem.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• Ok. I will look tonight. Hey thx for ur help man. Ur a good dude.
  • rfsonerfsone Posts: 1
    Another quick diag on vibrations, load the bed with some weight, maybe as much as 500 to 600 pounds. If vibration is gone you might be experiencing an unloaded rear ujoint vibration due to ujoint angles approaching severe. It might get worse with empty bed and low on gas. Or perhaps migh go away with a full tank of fuel. Just wanted to share that thought.