Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Rogue Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• travling about 60 mph on xway - hit scan on the radio - and the car lost power, went dark and lost power steering. Pulled to the shoulder. Turned off ignition. Turned ignition back on - it started - we proceeded with no further problems.

The car is 2010 Nissan Rogue with under 5000 miles on it - purchased on 9/29/2010
  • rimborrimbor Posts: 1
    I came to this forum because I found a post very similar to my issue.

Drove 550 miles to visit my parents. Everything was good.

On the way home, I tried driving over a mountain pass and got stuck at 2500 RPM's and could not accelerate no matter how far I pushed the gas.

2009 Rogue S AWD 53k miles.

It turned out, according to the nissan dealership, that there was excessive tranny oil pressure built up and it started a "boiling effect". This caused the car to go into a "safety mode". The CVT update was never done to it either. I am picking up the car later today but hopefully this is the last of the issues I have with it. Otherwise, it has been great.
  • 2009rogue2009rogue Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if you can put/replace (new tires and wheels) and change for the stock P215 70R/16 to P235 65R/16?
  • kazvolinskykazvolinsky Posts: 12
    Just traded 2009 Murano LE(head gaskets blew off at 32000 miles-lemon car,had bad smell from the beginning, on a dealer they had told us-nothing wrong, that is the way it is) for a brand new Rogue 2011 SV.Picked it up on 5-3-2011, today 5-6-2011-ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON!!!Well-another lemon?
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Posts: 42
    I have a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. It only has 450 miles on the odometer. After starting the vehicle and putting it in reverse, for example backing out of a parking spot, I hear a thud or thump coming from the rear underneath of the vehicle. The first time I heard it I thought I ran someone or something over. You don't feel the thud, you just hear it. And this is the only time it is heard.

Is this normal? I am assuming this has something to do with the AWD disengaging in reverse or something, but I am no mechanic. Is this something that would warrant a visit to the dealer for? Anyone else heard this on their Rogue?

Other than this noise, the vehicle runs perfect with no other noises or sensations when driving it.
  • mikesmuranomikesmurano Posts: 118
    Take the car back and walk away. Why would you buy a second Nissan product with your experience with the Murano?
  • We purchased a new Nissan Rogue, right now it has approximately 1500 miles. Hopefully we don't ever have any of the transmission problems that most people are having. So I wanted to bring to light an electronics issue we have been dealing with since we bought the vehicle about a month ago. Our issue has to deal with the the smart key system. What is happening is when you exit the vehicle it will start beeping at you like you have left the key in the car but longer(more beeps). Then you go to press the button on your door to lock the doors and nothing happens. After that you try pressing the lock button on the remotes and it won't lock. If you press the unlock button on the remote that still works however. So far we have brought the car back to the dealership about 4-5 times. The first time they ran the vehicle with there computer and said they could not find any errors and to bring the vehicle back when it was having the problem. So we took some videos and brought it back and showed them. They have replaced the batteries in the smart keys and have ordered us new remotes for the vehicle. This morning was the first time that we have been able to take it to the dealership and it still be having the problem. The service tech looked over the vehicle and is still thinking that it could be the remotes. So that is the next step. If the remotes do not solve the problem then the next step is the actual computer for the smart keys inside the vehicle. This entire time the vehicle, when run on the diagnostic machine, has had no error codes. Obviously though there is something wrong with the vehicle and we are glad that they are taking steps to fix the issue. I'll let you know what they come up with as I know and hopefully it is resolved sooner then later. I paid for a brand new vehicle and I expect it to work NISSAN! :confuse:
  • nissmazlovernissmazlover Posts: 131
    We bought a Rogue about a little more than a month ago (2011 SL AWD) and it has less than 1K miles. On the highway, starting at 60mph, there is an annoying wind whistling noise present, as if there is a wind leak. I am not sure as to where it's coming from, but I think it's either from the front window(s) or the sunroof area. It minimizes a bit when I close the interior sunroof cover.

It's really annoying to me since I don't ALWAYS drive with the music on (great Bose system, btw), and sometimes I like to just have a quiet ride on the highway and this noise definitely impedes that. Plus, it's disappointing because the car is great and, otherwise, has such a quiet (except in the rain) and nice interior. Doesn't really give you the quality feeling when you're driving a $28K brand new car and have wind leaking somewhere, whistling annoyingly at you when driving at normal highway speeds. BTW, the faster you drive, the more noticeable it gets.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, what have you done to take care of it, and will the Nissan dealer fix it?

Thanks!
  • loveit7loveit7 Posts: 2
    I have the same problem and will schedule an appointment with the dealership to report the problem. I noticed that there's a small open space between the sunroof and the rubber seal. Will give an update later.
  • loveit7loveit7 Posts: 2
    In my case, the Nissan dealer fixed the cause of the noise.

Here's the infofrom service report: "Sunroof glass slightly out of alignment. Realignedsunroff glass to better fit roof opening."

All ok now from my end.
  • Hi. I leased a 2010 Rogue in February 2010. It is the 360 AWD version.
    All seemed well until a month ago when I got up to 22,000 miles. This is when I noticed a whistling sound when on the highway and the accelerator is depressed. It seems to happen around 65mph. Of course the dealership claimed they couldn't duplicate my concern. I am making another appointment and will ride with them this time to point out noise. Has anyone else experienced this time? I was thinking of buying out the lease, but not sure now.
  • tzwu1034tzwu1034 Posts: 2
    Beware of a metallic thump when reversing with wheel turned or going forward. If it feels like your AWD is slipping or grinding it may very well be! I had these issues at just over 500 miles and took it into the dealer. The rear differential is shot and the car isn't road safe, so take it into the dealer immediately! According to the dealer, this is a manufacturer's defect and they are replacing the $2,000 part for free under warranty of course.

The mechanic explained that bolts were stripped on the inside of th differential and the thumping noise I heard was the entire diff moving around...once again, if you have any doubts get it checked out by Nissan. Oh, and it will take nearly a week to get your car back so make them get you a rental.

I will keep up to date if anything further is found...
  • Update to my previous post. The vehicle need a new transmission after only 23,000 miles!!! I am done with Nissan and their CVTs.
  • how did u file lemon law stuff..
    my husband and i are considering it as we have a baby on the way and cant afford nor do we want a car wiht so many problems.
    also how long did it take?
  • we have had this car for five months and it had 43k miles on it over the course of 5 months it now has just folled over to 50k.
    my friend and i were in town last saturday i thought something was wrong but she told me i was crazy,but as we got into town where the stoplights where my car would not accelarate the cars in front of me would continusly be a good 100 feet ahead of me before my car even registered i was pressing the gas.
    i thought it was the oil since i was overdue but i took it to the grease pig in fay,ar and they said that everything was fine and my oil wasnt bad at all, so needless to say i left wihtout getting it changed.
    we then proceeded to go to th place we bought it and they told us it wasnt there problem that we needed to go to nissan. we went and they also didnt do anything as it ran fine for them and also fine untill i got home.
    blah blah it did it again once.
    but yesterday i got into my car to go to the store and i thought my car was going to blow up.
    the rpms would staty at 3 even though it was floored it sounded like i had it in neutral, as i turned it sounded like i had drums in the back of my car.( being 81/2 months pregnant makes me a little paranoid) my da is a mercades mechanic and told my husband and i it wasnt drivable so this morning we had it towed to the dealer can someone please tell me what is going on?????
  • jc2010jc2010 Posts: 31
    policewife. I'm in the same boat as you...baby on the way and can't afford putting ourselves at risk. This is awful. You have to look up your state's lemon law. You can do this online. For example, NY....sucks. The issue must be attempted to be repaired 4 times within a 2 year period or 18,000 miles. Because this happens to us on long trips we will miss the cut off for it to be a lemon. Were at almost 14K miles already and it will be 2 yrs old in March. Find my post under CVT recall...I put some info in there regarding who I've contacted thus far to complain, etc. I'm also in touch with Nissan corporate trying to work something out. I do not feel safe in this car. I do not want to be crossing the GWB or going through one of the hudson tunnel crossings with a baby in my car and getting stuck....no where to go. It's insane. Let me know if anything and GL with the car and the baby!
  • I had the same problem as you are having! I bought my rouge 2008 in feb of 2009 and I heard niosecs like you are hearing since March 2009 I took it into dealer 3 times and had to scream at them that something needed to be fixed and that I knew it was the transmission because I had read on here about ewvertyones problems so in Oct of 2010 with only 15,000 miles on it they finailly replaced my transmission, but 3 days later I started hearing that same "rattleing" niose so I took it back to Nissian dealer and they refused to hear the niose and told me to just keep driving it... To make a long story short, I couldn't take it anymore and got so frustrated that I traded it in on Jan. 31st,2011 with only 18,000 miles on it for a 2011 Ford Escape Limited !!! I have had my new ford for over 6 months now and am sooo happy it's twice the car the rouge was....
    Nissian sucks!!!
  • gjk916gjk916 Posts: 3
    Just had my rogue at the dealer today for the same complaint service manager states that the noise is coming from the holes in the roof rack were the optional crossbars would mount. He said his guys checked the alignment of the glass and it was okay. He then stated they put electrical tape over the mounting holes and the noise went away. He took me out to show me the holes, and they had already removed the tape. I'm a little skeptical to say the least, especially since I noticed a little water leakage at the car wash. I will try the electrical tape trick myself, if this doesn’t work for me than it's off to a new dealer.
  • I just bought this car recently, and I've read the manual and watched the DVD on the automatic a/c. The middle dial which controls the temperature does not "blink" twice to indicate that the a/c has kicked into auto mode. I can get a recirulation light and the outside air light, but when you press the dial about "1.5 seconds", I don't get any blinking, as demonstrated on the DVD. It's not a big deal - but it's a brand new car and I'd like it to work properly... I've made an appt w/the dealer to bring it in...Any ideas what this could be? Maybe a fuse? I wonder how complicated this will be to correct..it's such a small issue...I have nightmares that they'll take the whole dash apart! Thanks for your imput.
  • Need to replace the rear pads on my 2009 'S'. Anyone know if the OEM pads are ceramic or semi-metallic? I know the DX pads are premium pads and will they provide better stopping power than the ceramics?

Thanks,
    Walt