Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Rogue Real World MPG

Comments

• bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    Well, truckers don't like tailgaters at all. If I were you I would stay away from truck stops. Seriously this is a very dangerous practice.
  • captain2captain2 Posts: 3,971
    If I were you I would stay away from truck stops
    yeah, no kidding - I think that those same truck stops might also have a different definition of 'justifiable homicide' ;)
    'drafting' (to be truly effective) requires that one follow any vehicle much too closely to be safe! They can and do write tickets for this kind of thing?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    don't know how truckers feel about this...having a little Rogue trailing them closely

In addition to that little Rogue being a danger and an annoyance, any fuel savings that you might get out of it is coming at the expense of the trucker. It's tough enough for those guys to stay in business without having to shell out extra cash from their own pockets just so you can feel good about cutting your own fuel costs. Moreover, the rest of us end up paying more for the products they deliver. There is no free lunch.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,719
    "In addition to that little Rogue being a danger and an annoyance, any fuel savings that you might get out of it is coming at the expense of the trucker."

I have not heard of this. The big rig is going to generate the suction behind the vehicle regardless - the same suction with a drafter as without. There is no magical connection back to the big rig, is there? Where did you read this?

My understanding is that the drafter is entering into the suction zone where the air came off the big rig. But that zone is always present...

The truck drivers don't like it because people follow too closely, and the drivers can't see them in the mirrors.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    The big rig is going to generate the suction behind the vehicle regardless - the same suction with a drafter as without.

I'm afraid not. Flow patterns are changed and the truck has to do extra work. The notion of a perpetual motion machine still doesn't fly. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • My Rogue, which is abt. 6 months old has been stuck on 23.7 MPG going uphill, downhill, city, hwy. etc. since the day I purchased it. Anyone running into this problem. Should I bring in for service, are most of you using these gauges for the mpg you are posting, or figuring manually?
  • I'd bring it in if I were you. Mine changes constantly and has been anywhere from .2 manual miles off to 1.4.
  • kenn2kenn2 Posts: 11
    MY NISSAN SUCKS
    gas like it is going out of style.

NISSAN SERVICE DEPT SUCKS,
    they acted like they could not heare the noise in my CVT, until it finnally needed replacement, now my AC knocks, they act like they cannot hear that as well.

NISSAN CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT SUCKS,
    wen the dealer service dep did not acknowledg there was a problem with my MPG, they called the service dept that said 17mpg was normal on freeway and then called me an repeated what the mechanic told me.
    since then we found out my car needed a new transmition

NISSAN SUCKS, CUSOMER SERVICE SUCKS, THEY DO NOT CARE IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH YOUR CAR AND THEY WILL TRY TO IGNORE MECHANICAL ISSUES UNTIL YOUR WARRANTY IS EXPIRED.
    just 'converted' my 08 SL AWD to Pennzoil Ultimate 5W-20 last oil change. Overall mpg has gone from 25.1 to 26.8, which sounds good.... BUT over the 3750 oil change interval recommmended by Nissan (too short for synthetic?) I will save approx. 9 1/2 gallons of gas. Even at $4/gallon,. I only recover about $40, at $2 less than $20. Are syn oil change more than $20 o(or $40 more costly - yep. Theerfore, it would seem, based on my experience, that gas would have to get up near $6 to cover the cost difference using the synthetic (in FE) . Is the more expensive oil better for the engine otherwise - maybe?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    Nissan has a 3,750 change interval for the Rogue? Or is that a dealer recommendation?

My '99 Quest has a factory oil change interval of 7,500 miles, and it's kicking along at 129,000 miles using regular oil at that interval (or longer :blush: ).
    every 3750 or even worse for those that don't drive a lot - every 3 months. Unusual and quite excessive IMO - but I have a feeling that this all ties back to some oil consumption problems Nissan had back in 06 with the 2.5.
    Well, the Edmunds Maintenance Guide says the normal service oil change interval is 7,500 miles.

There's no time interval listed in our guide. Oil is so good these days it's hard to imagine changing it every 3 months unless the miles were up there.
  • talked to a local dealer before I bought my Rogue... he was telling me that while the manufacturer might say 7500 miles, the dealer will "recommend" something far lower, like the 3K or 3 months we are all used to hearing, since that is direct revenue generation. that is the general reply I got from most of the folks I know that are in the business.
    Follow the money. :)
  • current mileage: 7204
    Purchased in April of 08.
    SL AWD, all options.
    did a full tank on the highway going up through Ohio and back home to Kentucky, averaged 27.6 MPG figured manually. trip computer was saying 28.3.
    average over last 3 tanks of normal driving, 60% in town and about 40% highway averaged 24.2. I have had no issues with the vehicle and the AWD has been nice in the rain as it feels very secure. oh, and I drive moderate.. not a heavy foot, but not feathering it either.
  • @60mph on interstate=30+/-mpg. around-town 26+. mobil 1 (their top premium, 15,000mi) 40psi in continental tires. great car BUT it's my wife's. lon frank
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346
    edited July 2010
    Well, I read entire post and he never did answer your (what I also felt were good and valid) questions.

The Rogue does seem to get quite consistent mileage given the variables of interpreting the varying driver habits and terrain and season etc. If one is drastically different than the other, then usually it could be traced to a bad sensor somewhere, or even as drastic a measure as a tranny problem. He mentioned he was going to have his replaced. But a simple answer to even your one question of how many rpms did his car show in OD at 70 mph would have garnered up at least some credibility with the complaints to the car and help substantiate if he actually owned one.
  • We have 2 '10 Rogue FWD SL's, one which is largely driven within a short radius of home, the other a bit more on freeways. The "local" one gets around 20 mpg around town, the "express" about 22 overall. Both are under EPA estimates of 22/27 ... not that it's a big issue; Nissan didn't conduct the tests, the government did ... and you know how that goes!
  • I've had my 2010 Rogue for a little over 6 mos. Getting from 24 to 26 MPG city and highway. Live in Canada and see a drop to very bottom end during winter, but easy top end of that in summer with highway driving...
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,719
    "I've had my 2010 Rogue for a little over 6 mos. Getting from 24 to 26 MPG city and highway. Live in Canada and see a drop to very bottom end during winter, but easy top end of that in summer with highway driving... "

Would that be imperial or US gallons?