Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee interior door panels

Comments

• wobywoby Posts: 9
    Hallo Joemarie
    Unfourtunatly for you the place is in italy, in PADOVA.
    I'm going again next tuesday to fix the to handles in the front that are both cracked .
    The 2 on the back have been changed last july and are working wonderfull.

I will ask their e-mail address and I will send you .
    I don't know if they will be ready to send you over to the states.
    As I was saying any good fiberglass worke will be able to make the stamp of your brocken handle shell and rebuild it .

Marry xmas
    Woby
  • cashewmancashewman Posts: 1
    Hi Woby,

I have the same problem with a 2005 model Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I'm in great need of all four handles, since all of them are broken! Can you please supply me the address of your contact.

Regards!
  • ruesterruester Posts: 4
    I have the same problem. Within 3 days, both rear door handles dropped from the crumbling plastic. The front doors appear soon to follow. I'm using leather straps while waiting/hoping for Chrysler to admit a product defect.
  • lynn60lynn60 Posts: 10
    chrysler will not do anything for me i have 3 broken handles -plastic !!!what to do now they want 800.00 per handle to fix --can not go there--now what? it is a safety hazzard for my grand kids in back sseat to not be able to open the doors in the back of the Jeep - i paied alot for this Jeep but did not notice the door handles--or i would not have gone there !!!!!nnow what???
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    write to the fed highway safety commission
    with the problem more people that write the sooner the action
  • I too have the same problem. My 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited (WK) has 4/4 of it's interior door panels either cracked or totally failed already. My rear right door is inoperable from the inside. Unfortunately I am out of my warranty and calling Jeep will probably do nothing, but I launched a formal complaint anyways. The dealer wants to charge $800 x 4 to replace each FULL PANEL with the same defective cr@p that they already have in them. I used to think I had a nice car before the door handles started falling off... Anyways, I've repeatedly tried several custom fabricators here where I live to no avail. I find myself at the mercy of Jeep to call me back...
    ">Autocarrozzeria Palma Padova Italy .
    If you search with Google you will find it.

I don't think that he will be interested to produce 1 or 2 of them but if you get together and make a request oif 15/20 pieces I' m sure it could get interesting for him.

So please let's try.
    Brentwoodkris 4 pieces
    Ruester 4 pieces
    Cashewman 4 pieces
    Ialvelo 1 piece
    Jsaleeby 2 pieces

Please confirm this list or add yourself if you are not yet listed.
    As soon as we will get enaugh confirmation I will try to contact the Craftman to see if it will intersting for him.
    Let's say that within the end of the month we could try to settle an prder.

Wake up everybody.
    I'l try to add some pictures as soon as possibe
    ciao
  • Is that paintable fiberglass? And it's a direct bolt in fix right? I actually went to my dealer today after calling Chrysler Corporate Offices and it looks like they're going to offer me a 50/50 split on the $2400 in parts (not including labor). What a joke. When corporate calls, I'm going to ask to speak to litigation and talk to them to see if they want a class action suit on their hands, because I'm willing to start one. Anyways, back to the order, I'm in for 4 (2L and 2R) if we can get them at some bulk prices. Anyone got estimates?
    Hi brentwoodkris,
    Mine has been painted dark grey and looks perfect as brand new.
    The shell has been glued to the panel because the support are ususaly melted on the panel pins.
    It was special bicomponent glue high resistent.
    I don't have the car now to take a picture but I will try to get a picture anyway.
    The car is in Italy and I leave in Egypt .
    I will be back in Italy at the beginnig of July but I will try to organize things from here if we reach anything.
    As said I paid 300Euros to make the first 2 and 150Euros for the second 2 but I have to check what will be the last price even because the Craftman told me that was a really nasty job.
    Let's see

Regards
    woby
  • maj1614maj1614 Posts: 4
    Two of the four door handles have broken off, the other two are cracking and loose. I called the dealer today and they said nothing is covered and they have not heard of this issue. Their estimate is approx $500 per door to fix!
  • pjdpro71pjdpro71 Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    I have an 05 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 hemi, I have tried to keep my jeep in good condition as it is the only vehicle in the family at the moment, my wife pointed out the door handle shells were breaking and cracking, this is clearly a flaw in the manufacturing, and should be recalled, the dealer wants to charge me $500 per door ?? why is it so expensive?? is there an aftermarket replacement option, and can someone refer me to this info?? I noticed that the panel is all one piece, is there a mold or something that can fit in that space if It were to be cut out????
    It is disappointing to me when after taking such good care of my jeep, it has to be an interior eyesore that I'm forced to look at every time I get into my otherwise beautiful and clean vehicle, and realizing how much it will cost to fix properly........
    PJD
    i have 2005 jeep cherokee 4x4 hemi also have kept it in excel. condition also and paid alot of money for new in 2005- however i did not know the handles were plastic or i would have not bought it - they will not recall them and quoted me 700.00 a door to fix like i can do that !!!i am mad at chrysler and they should recall and fix my major problem is now it is a safety problem because i have grand kids that sit in back seat and can not get out unless i get and open door what about fire they are trapped 111I AM WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE IN TEXAS COMSUMER SAFETY DEPT. to help me get this fixed or sue them i payed to much for plastic handles and they all cracked to pieces---any suggestions out there
    it has been two years i have been messing with this i am ready to do a class action suit i live in Texas and think we should get on the utube and publicly ask anyone with this problem to get all together across the states and have our own web site to talk and find a lawyer to help us sue them i am tired of their crap and i do not want the same plastic handels again they need to fix it right and safe and that will last--it is a safety problem now for me -it is not safe in my jeep we can not get out!!!
  • brentwoodkrisbrentwoodkris Posts: 15
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys, I posted a video on youTube detailing my issues with the door panels! Comment on it and let's get this recall/class action suit started! Or just post your own video! We need to get Jeep's attention and let them know that we're serious!

Here's a link to my video: Jeep Door Panel Issue
    lets sue them i am tired of messing with them we need a lawyer !!!
  • If anyone with experience can draw up the paperwork and we can get this group of people together in on it, I'm all for it!
  • ruesterruester Posts: 4
    I posted once before - both rear door handles have fallen off. Jeep quoted me $3,000 for parts for 4 door panels, not including labor. I've been using old dog collars on the rear doors as a temporary method of opening the doors. the dog collars have buckle holes in them which I used to push the collar/straps onto the wire hook inside the gaping holes. then I secured them in place with plastic ties. This way, a rear seat passenger can open the door by pulling the strap forward. crude, embarrassing, frustrating, etc., waiting for some resolution to the problem by Chrysler.
  • Well from what I hear, it's not that hard to start a class action suit. If we can get some more responses, we can split the costs between us and hopefully initially pay much less than what Jeep is quoting us. If anyone has pics of the damage to their vehicle or wants to post to youTube like I did, it can only help our situation!
    i will take pics for u tube asap-