Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bonneville By By

bmk58bmk58 Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
What do you suppose Pontiac will do to replace the Bonneville? The G8 is a Grand Prix, but no large sedan???

Comments

• we just bought 02 SLE wonderful car!
    dealer told me that the g8 is the replacement for bonneville. such a sorry [non-permissible content removed] replacement. all those "g-class" cars have ZERO class in the style dept. such a shame. only hope is that when the 09 impala is released they bring a similar styled bonneville back with it
  • mlm4mlm4 Posts: 401
    GM found that there isn't enough of a market to support production of a full-size sedan, thus there is no intention of replacing the Bonneville. I think their hope is that someone who might have considered a Bonneville-type vehicle will look at the G8. Truth is that Bonneville buyers were few and far between and it wasn't all attributable to the car itself.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 areaPosts: 20,219
    GM has the Lucerne and LaCrosse that are replacements for cars like the Bonneville.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

• bmk58bmk58 Posts: 2
    My dealer (New England) says the rear wheel, V8 will be a dud here..traction in winter. I agree. Have owned 3 Bonnevilles for past 10 years, and others rear and front. The Buick "replacement" is a nice old man's car with really poor handling and has no "sport car" appeal. Grand Prix next to go, I hear with another G6...now what do I do with my GM card earnins??
    BruceK
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 areaPosts: 20,219
    >"replacement" is a nice old man's car with really poor handling and has no "sport car" appeal.

Whatever.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

This discussion has been closed.
Bonneville By By — Car Forums at Edmunds.com