Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Looks that they wanted to match the xd2(elantra) with the new sonata...

I dont like that match :sick:
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    This is being discussed here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f108bb3/211

Perhaps the two thread could be merged.

I have been told the version for North America will be slightly different than the version from the home market. It will debut at the NAIAS in January along with the production Genesis/BH.

The interior looks amazing, and while I am still warming up to the exterior front, it looks good at some angle. I am reserving full judgment until I see this in person. Fuel efficiency and power are both expected to be bumped which are great pluses.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    No you are wrong. It's debuting in Chicago.
    SE and limited get an all new wheel design. i4 and v6. Pricing was announced just recently. Limited gets a standard sunroof. Limited means loaded for this model. Navigation is the only option on the limited. USB/Aux input but no standard bluetooth. Probably another blueconnect system. Might have to wait until the next gen for factory installed bluetooth. Maybe it might get optional factory bluetooth. New wheels might be avaliable.
  • Any word on when Hyundai will make a diesel engine available for the Sonata or any other of its vehicles here in the U.S.? I can't wait to go biodiesel and tell OPEC to go drink its oil!
    Maybe not this generation. Maybe in Model Year 2011. Veracruz might get it 2010. Who knows. Hyundai is workig on getting the v6 diesel for the veracruz for the USA market. The veracruz diesel makes 237 Hp and over 300 lbs-ft of torque. i4 diesel might be in the works as well. Hope this helps.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,747
    Car & Driver compares the 2009 Sonata Limited to the Accord EX, Altima 2.5S, Malibu LT, Camry LE, Fusion SEL, and Avenger SXT (all I4s) in their March issue. Has good info and some photos, including a clear shot of the new (and very good looking IMO) interior and the new nose.

P.S. In the comparo, the Sonata slotted in between the Malibu and the Camry in the order listed above--Accord first. But the review was overall very positive towards the Sonata, except for a desire for less body roll and a stiffer platform (ala Accord or Altima).
    Supposedly it's going to be released after the chicago auto show. Pricing has been announced. LG voice activated Navigation will be an option on the limited. Bluetooth won't be avaliable at launch. USB/Aux input will be avaliable. The limited model only has navigation as an option.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Is factory installed bluetooth coming at all and will the 4 cylinder get a 5-speed automatic or keep the 4-speed?
    I have seen conflicting claims about 5-speed and 4-speed automatic for the 4 cylinder models.
    Bluetooth is much less expensive than navigation, so I'm surprised they would delay bluetooth rather than delay the nav instead.
    C/D confirmed in its 2009 Sonata Limited I4 road test (March issue) that the automatic is a 5-speed. No mention of Bluetooth in that review, and the test car didn't have nav but the article stated I think that nav was the only option (moonroof is standard on the Limited for 2009).
    Looks nice except for the new headlights.
    It has USB and nav, so I can't believe it still doesn't have factory installed bluetooth even on the top models. More people will use bluetooth than USB and most people will pass on nav if it's $2000.
    Navi is less than that. Rumored to be in the 1,250 to 1,750 range with the latter being more likely. Supposedly they have made it 1,250. Thats cheap for navi. I still would like to see bluetooth. I'm sure they will offer a simple blueconnect system that doesn't integrate with the radio. I'm sure quickconnect will offer a harness for the parrot kit.
  • Does anyone know when will the 2009 Sonata be available in California??? The autoblog has the press release saying that "The 2009 Sonata will be available at Hyundai dealers later this month. " Is that possible??
    Yes they did say later this month. They are already in production. Pricing has already been announced. Late february does sound pretty ambitious but you may never know. I hear there are some in a NJ port. I believe they could already be in transport. One dealer employee found an invoice for 2.

The March 08 Car and Driver has a comparo where the 09 Sonata was tested over it's rivals. Did 4th place behind the new 08 Malibu. That model was a limited 4 cylinder with out nav.
  • I don't know why professional auto reviewers look for sport ability when it comes to family sedans.
    Why would Sonatas be at a NJ port? Wouldn't they be shipped by rail from Alabama? Do they actually ship these by sea around the U.S.?
    Some mags are oriented to "enthusiasts" so sporty handling and acceleration are important to them. Other mags like CR put more emphasis on safe handling (e.g. emergency maneuvers) than "sporty" handling on family cars. To each his/her own. Just something to keep in mind when reading professional reviews/rankings.
    I hear NJ is for Canada and east coast shipments from Korea. Supposedly hyundai has a nice operation over there. It's probably on the railways already. When it gets to the railport then they truck them to dealers.
    So you are saying some Sonatas sold in the U.S. (east) and also in Canada are sourced from Korea? I didn't know that. I thought the Sonatas from the ROK stopped coming over here a couple of years ago. And I heard also the Alabama plant wasn't running at full capacity, so I am surprised to hear that Hyundai would ship Sonatas from overseas.
    Umm I think it's for the USA plant as well. I haven't seen any KDM built sonatas but I do think they use it for some models.
    Does anyone know if they will be under the center armrest or behind those cubby doors in the lower dash?

If they in the dash cubby, that would be a pretty good place to mount a portable gps with bluetooth. All you would need to do is shut the cubby doors when you park to hide it from view. No need to move or unplug anything.
    It would be better if it was up higher so you don't have to look down when you want glance at the map, but it would be usable and you would be able to get both navi and bluetooth for much less than the factory nav unit that doesn't include bluetooth.

You could get a Garmin 880 if you want voice control and can spend $999.
    http://ces.cnet.com/8301-13855_1-9843176-67.html

Costco has the Garmin 360 with bluetooth on sale for $249 online now.

If the ports are in the armrest, it could still work but it would be more awkward. You could mount the gps in the cupholders, but it would be more difficult to see and you would have to put it back under the armrest every time you parked so it wouldn't get stolen.
  • aneeshaneesh Posts: 43
    I have a 06 Sonata GLS. It is a great car, the only thing I am not fond of is the green lights and the grey plastic...but the 09 Sonata's interior is really good looking better than the Camry and Altima.
    But i don't understand why did Hyundai dismiss the GLS V6 after introducing it for 2008?
  • I have been looked around and cannot find any released date on 2009 sonata, anybody know??????
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Hyundai is saying later this month.
    Hyundai has offered the Sonata GLS with a V6 for many years, even before the current generation debuted in 2005. Why do you think that the 2009 GLS will not be offered with a V6 option?
  • aneeshaneesh Posts: 43
    FOLLOW THE LINK
    link title

I correct myself the 09 Sonata will have a GLS V6 and PZEV models.
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    My local dealership still has a dozen unsold new '07 models, and a handful of '08s. If they get the '09s this spring, they could have brand new models from three different model years on display at the same time.