Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra Transmission Problems

Comments

• anyone know were the transmission governor is on an 01 nissan sentra se r
    or why it goes into limp home mode after it gets to temp
  • We ended up taking it to a small local transmission shop. They immediately knew it was the governor plate and was most likely stripped out or something. Cost us roughly $250 and a day to fix. runs great again/ the small 1/4 inch vacuum line that we had issues with was also found to be the overflow aka breather tube to the transmission it should be open to atmosphere and not plugged to anything but put it where it will not get dirt or debris into it.
  • I received a letter from Nissan indicating that they are extending the power train warranty on the CVT transmission from 5 years 60,000 miles to 10 years 120,000 miles. They will also reimburse all transmission repair or replacement cost and towing cost. And you don't even have to own the car anymore to get the reimbursement. Also, they stated that they lowered the price for transmission replacement that may be required after 10 year years or 120,000 miles. :shades:
  • nwraaanwraaa Posts: 159
    My 2003 Nissan Sentra, when checked with a code reader, indicates that there is a P0745 problem. What has to be done to the car to correct the problem indicated by this code?
  • dbb4dbb4 Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 nissan Sentra and I think it would be really cool to put a turbo on it for the fact it would be a steady flow of boost with the cvt but I have no clue how much the cvt can handle the steal belt stretches and it also has a breaking point but i was wondering if there was a upgrade or how much hp and torque the factory one can handle
  • My shifter has no tension when in neutral just flops back and forth, and I only have 3rd and 4th gears. no reverse. what could cause this it a 6sp manual trans
  • txn_egl_scttxn_egl_sct Posts: 20
    I am coming due for the 30K service, and I saw that my dealer here in Phoenix, is charging $360 for a fluid flush! Is this normal? I know that the CVT uses special fluid or somesuch but $360?

Is the fluid so used up that is no longer good, or do they just "dump and pump" assuming that I won't know any better?
  • alpine1alpine1 Posts: 51
    The maintenace book that came with the vehicle states that the transmission fluid be checked at 30K miles and changed if towing a trailer, etc. You need to ask the dealer how he determines whether it needs to be changed. In other words, how does the dealer tell "good" CVT fluid from "bad" CVT fluid. Also, you can check with another Nissan dealer in your area, ask the same question and get their cost for the service.
  • azpathmanazpathman Posts: 2
    92 sentra automatic front end rebuilt engine runs good one day without warning car just stopped going in either direction or gear.from 55 to rolling stop,wheels roll fine no noise from tranny,new filter and fluid routinely is there a sensor?or something simple to check could it be torque converter.thanx in advance
  • hi everyone i'm looking for a reason why my nissan wont engage any gears. its a manual not automatic.
  • Do you have a CVT transmission in this Sentra?

Dixie
  • I just got a fluid flush for $120. A seal broke on my tranny and originally they didn't want to warranty it bc Jiffy Lube topped off my fluids with a different color oil than Nissan likes. Luckily after heavy arguing, Nissan agreed that the oil inside wouldn't effect the seal. However, I did agree to pay for the fluid flush in the event that something goes wrong in the future, the fluid will be the appropriate color.
  • I have been to four auto shops and 3 out of 4 could not read any fault in my car. However when I drive my car (as an automatic transmission) is not shifting automatically! I seem to be driving (and stuck) in 2nd gear!

Any ideas-Transmission flush already performed problem still exisitant!
  • elmo8elmo8 Posts: 1
    I rebuild my 1995 Sentra FE B14 Transmisson and now it is not changing when in D
  • marlboroman1marlboroman1 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I have a 94 Nissan Sentra 1.6 Maual 5 speed transmission. It changes gears just fine, but when I put it in 5th it kicks it self back out and if I hold it in the 5th gear it jerks around. Would like to know what I need to do to fix this problem.
  • u need to replace the 5th gear with a new one cuz the factory one its smaller and it causes it to not engage the gear right u will need to take off ur tranny and open it and if u have a manual book it will show u which one its the gear its called the 5th main gear u gonna have to check the 5th input gear to make sure its not damage too they r expensive i had to do to my 91 nissan and it work fine after that
  • I have a 2003 Sentra automatic. Transmission works fine until it shifts to overdrive. When in overdrive the transmission seems to slip. Engine RPM will climb. Transmission will then catch and RPM drops. It continues doing this. If the overdrive button is pushed to turn it off, transmission is fine. We took it to a Nissan dealership. They replaced the overdrive switch. It did not fix it. They then wanted to replace the transmission solenoid but could not guarantee us it would fix the problem. One additional piece of info. The night before the transmission started acting up, the back-up lights would not go off. Nissan says this is not related. They also want to charge me $3,000 to replace the wiring harness.

Any suggestions/feedback on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
  • dpmeersmandpmeersman Posts: 273
    I'd try another dealership. Sounds like they are running a mechanics apprenticeship on your dime. The car can't be valued at much more then $3,000 so if the transmission and electrical problems persist, it's time to look around for another vehicle.