Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,968
Ask your Audi A5 lease questions here!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• I'm going to contact the dealership shortly in regards to leasing an A5. This would be my first time getting into an Audi. I've been leasing BMW's for the past 6 years but I've been waiting for that special Audi to come out. Does anyone know what the current MF and Residual value is for the lease? I wasn't able to find any info on the audi site. Also, in a 36 month period, how much out of pocket in maintenance should I be expecting to cough out. I've been spoiled for the past 6 years in not having to pay for maintenance, but I really want this car so I'm willing to take the plunge regardless.....

any feedback is well appreciated

Thanks!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,493
    Hi: It's probably too early to be reviewing A5 leases as it is not due to debut in the U.S. until (I believe) spring '08. The S5 is just out here. Beautiful car, pictures don't really capture it...

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• Concur... gotta see it in 3-D! Not sure I'm ready to lose my e39, but this is one beautiful touring coupe. Similar performance numbers to the 335i Coupe, which I have driven and totally recommend to anyone shopping this type of car. Guessing the 335 is a more nimble road car, with the Audi being slightly larger and heavier - but it does have that terrific V8.

I'd be thrilled to have either... although the Audi does have a somewhat "exotic" appeal to it :)
  • I want to lease the 2008 Audi A5 but i would like to know what the monthly payment would be if i put around $5,000 down for about 32 months. BTW the car is bout $42,000.

Thank you very much. Your time is appreciated
  • I heard froma lot of people that audo couses a lot of preblems over time... is it true?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Leasing numbers aren't available. You can't even buy an A5 yet.
  • Hi ando818. It is difficult to say how much it will cost to lease a new Audi A5 at this point. Audi has not published a lease program for it because it has not begun to arrive at dealers yet. I suspect that Audi will not offer much, if any, lease support on the A5 when it finally begins to arrive. Audi is not currently providing any lease support on the 2008 S5. If one was to lease an S5 through Audi Financial Services right now, they would have to use a lease money factor of .00284. Please feel free to stop back with the MSRP and selling price of the A5 that you are interested in when it finally arrives at the dealer and I will gladly work up a sample lease payment on it for you to give you an idea of what to expect.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man,

what is the money factor and residual for 2008 S5. For 24 and 36 months
  • Here you go, evan7578. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Audi S5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00286 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00286 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • zkaudiozkaudio Posts: 60
    I want one now lol... anyone have an inside scoop for a preorder?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    You'll just have to get on the list like everybody else. There's a national hold and backorder on S5's. I don't know of many dealers in the country that has an S5 for sale. Virtually every dealer I know of is sold out and waiting for customer order cars to arrive. You might have better chance of getting an A5 3.2 sooner.
  • bsc1114bsc1114 Posts: 25
    I am going to order an A5 tomorrow- I was told 12 weeks, which is fine because my Infiniti M35 lease is up in May (perfect timing-I hope!!!)
  • Any news on the Audi Financial lease rates for A5s? I'm in dire need for this info as I have fully loaded A5 sitting on the parking lot of my dealership but my hands are completely tied in this negotiation as I have no clue what the AFS numbers are and I have heard from other dealership that they have received them.

Anyone?
  • Hi bozster. Audi did publish a lease program for the A5 in February. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00266 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man: How about lease details for a lease with 12,000 miles? Term is flexible - can be 36, 29, 48 or even 24 months. Thanks.
  • if the A5 has a sticker of $47,990 w/ about a 3k mark up, with $3,000 down at 36 months you'll be in the high $800's inc. tax. (I work at a dealer)
  • I hear that Audi is coming out in March with residualizing the A5. I'm trying to work with dealers on a lease for a new 2008 with $2500 down, 15K miles a year for 36 months and I'm finding Lease prices all over the place. I live in Los Angeles and have even scouted out dealers in the rural areas but they are all exceptionally high ranging from to mid $500's to low $700's. Anyone have a lease deal like my request above they can share so I can get a better idea? Thanks
  • shivanshivan Posts: 30
    Anyone know if the March AFS money factor and residuals have been released for an A5 S-line or s5..looking for 15k, 36 months. Anyone know historically if Audi quickly improves their lease rates or will I have to wait till the 2009 models to get a good lease deal on a A5 or S5? Also beside leasecompare are there any other good online sites to get comparative lease rates?
  • I just came back from a large Audi dealer and was told that I shouldn't expect any good lease rates on the A5 at least until July, which is disappointing. On a $50,000 car, the rats were around $800 a month so I'm trying different dealers. For the same $50,000 car, BMW quote me $660 for a loaded 330xi coupe. I'd still prefer the Audi, but will see where this goes.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey dannyfreed. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00256 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00276 and 52%. The 48 month numbers are .00276 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.