Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• asolare1asolare1 Posts: 31
    Hi Car Man.

Please give me the money factor and residual for a 2012 A5 premium plus cabriolet for delivery in August.

I would want the lowest annual mileage they would write it for (10,000?) and would like to see figures for 36 and for 48 months. Thanks!
  • Hi CarMan,

I'm considering a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige, through work I can get it at invoice, which is $45,172. I'd be doing a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles a year.

Could you please let me know what kind of lease payment I'd be looking at, as well as the MF and residual?

Thanks!

Jake
  • kenjinkenjin Posts: 5
    went to Audi in NY today got the residual as 59% and 0.00161 for MF.

I quote a 2012 A5 Prem Plus with Navi and Sport package $42648 he gave me the price of $3500 down and $569 per month.

but when i got home and make some calculation my self it turn out to be $529 per month with 0 down tax and fees not include.
  • I would go step by step with the dealer the way you did ur calculations and then i would take the deal as it seams cheap for all your getting :shades:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'm glad that you've found my posts helpful, bhayward. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Audi A5 that has an MSRP of $47,625 and a selling price of $46,400 through Audi Financial Services' right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $629.

With a down payment of $9,000 (the 10k that you mentioned minus the fees), this payment would drop to around $364.

Having said that, you definitely don't want to make that large a down payment when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments like that on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome red71.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, zark123. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00181 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi c300buyer. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2012 A5 2.0T Premium Coupe with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00161 and 56%.

AFS' residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asolare1. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00185 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on this car for you, Jake. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its MSRP and selling price. I can come up with an approximate selling price using the invoice price that you mentioned, but I still need the MSRP.

As far as the lease program info goes, AFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks CarMan. The MSRP is $48,375, and I can lease through the Audi Supplier Program, which I believe gives 6% off the MRSP, so please disregard the previous info regarding the invoice price.

Thanks!

Jake
  • Hi CarMan,

I am debating between leasing or financing a 2012 A5. It would be great if you could take a closer look at my options below and give me your insight:

>>>
    2012 A5 2.0T AUTO QUATTRO
    + BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
    + AUDI NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    + PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    + DESTINATION CHARGE

MSRP: $ 46,400.00
    Asking Price: $ 44,000.00

>>>
    LMF: 0.00153
    Term: 36
    DRIVE OFF: $2,345.26 (include first month payment + security deposit $625.00 + bank fee $ 703.75 + license)
    TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT: $ 619.51 after tax ($572.30, before tax)

>>>>
    Selling Price: $44,000.00 before tax
    APR % : 3.50%
    Term: 60
    Monthly PAYMENT : $874.93

Is this a good deal?
    Should I finance or lease this?
  • I see some of the answers to lease prices show a $ amount and a percentage which I am not familiar with. I am intrested in a low down payment on a 36 month 10,000 mile lease. I have the highest credit rating.

The sticker price with the loaded (almost) car is about 46,000.

I have not contacted any dealers yet but I want to drive the car first and find out some prices.

Thank You
  • lr3maniaclr3maniac Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    MRSP 44000
    Invoice 39,500(almost 2k lower than invoice)
    39 month lease 3200 down, $445/month, $457/month with Audi care
    Residual was 57% with money factor of .00196, 12k miles a year
  • hi.

a local dealer offered me a new car (see above) with msrp of $54k and a sale price of $52k.
    the deal was for $5k down and monthly payments with all included of $699.
    this includes audicare.
    i'd hate to pay more than i need to.
    advice?
    thx.
    mitch
  • xmjxxmjx Posts: 15
    Car Man - Hope you can help!

Looking at leasing an A5 2.0 Coupe Prestige for 36 months, 12K per year.

What is the September money factor and residual? Any dealer cash or special incentives? Thanks!
  • just came back from an Audi dealer and looked at an A5 premium plus, automatic w navigation package. Offered me $3890 up front for taxes, 1st month payment, registration..... then 575/mo including Audicare plan for 42 mos./ 12000mi per yr... How does that sound from the new york city area.....Thx
  • Just did a ton of negotiating with deals and the best deals I come up with is.

A5 Black Perl Auto Prem Plus with 19" 5-Y Wheels

Sell Price 42400
    MSRP 44430
    MF 0.00161 Res 58%
    Added Acq fee and some other fees.

Lease with $1690 down a payment of $649/mo.

Is that a good deal?
  • This is a pretty good deal. I got close on a similarly equipped A5 PP, but with a manual trans, 19s, etc. Great car, smooth, good power. In the end, the Audi's just don't lease out as well due to their residuals. I always go back to BMW, which I did this time and got a 3 Series Coupe (328i) manual trans, MSport, etc. on a 27 month lease with a 74% residual. Every time I see an A5 - coulda/shoulda - especially since I am getting 14MPG during my break in! Overall, your deal at 58% is pretty good though. Good luck - great car!
  • No problem Jake. Thanks for the pricing info. OK, let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige that has an MSRP of $48,375 and a selling price 45,473 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $679.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi xmjx. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 2.0 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Other than loyalty cash, Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • CAr_man please help me.

Lease A5 in Texas (I believe here we have to pay full 8% tax on the Selling price)

MSRP 41,200
    My price $39,000
    tax rolled on to my payment
    $1500 Down total out of the pocket - 36mos 10km term

How much would a month would I have to pay
  • Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with, toyoman8.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 A5 Coupe Premium quattro that has an MSRP of $41,200 and a selling price of $39,000 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $511.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man, please help me with getting a good deal on an Audi A5 convertible lease:

What would be the difference in the lease payment between a 2012 A5 convertible and a 2011 A5 convertible, similarly equipped (ie, automatic, navigation & satellite package), in CA?? I want a 36 mo lease, 12K miles, zero down.

Thanks!!
  • rxkerxke Posts: 154
    Hi
    I am considering leasing a A5 prem plus coupe. 12k per year/36 or 39 months/0 down. I live in New York and plan to take delivery in November 2011. The MSRP is $44,705 and the selling price is $42,630. Can you tell me what you think the monthly lease would be or can you give me the money factor and residual? You have been extremely helpful every time I have needed to lease a car.
    Thanks
  • rxkerxke Posts: 154
    Hi
    I am interested in the Premium and possibly the Premium Plus(See post I sent before). The MSRP for the Premium is $41,099 and the invoice is $38,312 with a selling price of $39,312. The Premium Plus is $43,549(MSRP) and the invoice is $40,583 with a selling price of $41,312.
    The lease would be 36 months/12K per year. I live in NY(Westchester county). Can you provide me with what to expect to pay for this lease and or provide me with the residual value and money factor so I can know if the dealer is playing with those numbers. I expect to take delivery in late Nov or early Dec. 2011. You have been extremely helpful in the past and it is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Hi Car Man,

Please let me know the money factor and residual for an A5 Cabriolet premium plus, 10,000 miles per year, for 36,39 and for 48 months for delivery this month (October). Thanks!
  • sarmssarms Posts: 8
    Hello, I live in Arizona, & every dealership is quoting me my Money Factor from .00204 to .00231 for a A5 3 year lease 36,000 miles. I have excellent credit & should qualify for their top tier credit, is anyone getting anything lower? Car_man have these numbers changed or are they playing hardball?
  • Guys - working with Audi to get a 2012 A5 Premium Coup.

MSRP is 44,700 and they're offering a lease at an asking price of 44,300 - basically 600 off and $700 a month for 48 months.

I'm also putting 4000 down. This is at 12k miles a year with a 800 dollar maintenance packaged included.

I'm new at this leasing stuff so please advise - how low do you think I can get the asking price and payment down to?
  • sarmssarms Posts: 8
    sounds like a terrible deal...take a look back a few pages & look at what others are paying...to figure out your payment you will need MSRP, Sales Price, Residual Value, & Money Factor. You shouldn't have to put any money down either.
This discussion has been closed.