Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kenjinkenjin Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I got a quote from audi dealer for 2013 A5 premium plus Gray color with wheel lock and Audi Rubber mat. for following price.

Audi supplier program 6% discount + dealer offer additional 1% after the discount.
    MSRP44720
    sale price 41577
    MF 00141
    res 58%
    out of pocket 2385 ( acquisition fee, bank fee, doc fee, security deposit, registration, title, state smog fee, state dmv fee)
    NY tax 8.875
    cap cost 43443.98 (with NY TAX)
    monthly $583.82 ( include NY TAX 1856.88)
    term is for 36month 10k mile

can you advise if this is a good deal or perhaps i can squeeze in some more
  • Hi kenjin. The money factor and selling price that you were quoted look great. If you like the car, and how could you not ;), go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello carman! I was wondering what bureau Audi uses or will they pick the highest score or what is the program?? I know Toyota uses Experian but if experian is a 610 or higher then you can use equifax or TU for the best rate... And what are the money factors for the tiers on A5 premium plus & the residual is higher on premium plus? I am looking for a manual transmission as well.. Thanks for you help!!
  • haboobhaboob Posts: 3
    Car_man

Was quoted a buy price of 47,833 (MSRP 48,810) for a Premium Plus 2013 A5 with Nav, Upgraded Sound, Smart Key, Exhaust Tips, Wheel Locks, and Logo Mats.

The money factor was .00176 and residual was 55.7% for a 10,000 mile a year for a 42 month lease. Lease payment is 766.15 with zero down after taking into account a 1,000 Audi loyalty rebate. I think this is high. What do you think?

Thanks. This forum is a big help!
  • kenjinkenjin Posts: 5
    thats really high Money factor, and your sell price is only 1k off. average dealer gives 2k off + rebate
  • That's a good question, missis2k. I'm not sure what agency Audi Financial Services looks at for credit scores.

AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi haboob. I agree with kenjin. Both this car's selling price and money factor are a little high. AFS' current buy rate for a 42-month lease of this car is only .00161. It's even better for a 36-month lease at .00141.

Shoot for the use of the buy rate money factor and a lower selling price if possible. Have you tried shopping around with a couple of different dealers?

Car_man
    Host
  • I figured as much. Thanks a lot for the help. I am going to the other dealer in town this weekend. I will be well armed thanks to you guys!
  • Out of curiosity what should be the residual rate on that car at 36 months and 42 months with 10,000 miles per year?
  • Hi,
    I'm shopping for a lease on a 2013 a5 cabrio premium plus with bang and olufson, navi and advanced key.
    MSRP is $49,220. Do you know what the november numbers would be? I have 769 FICO score.

What would the AFS money factor/residual be?

Thanks so much in advance!! I don't know how you get those numbers but they sure are helpful!
    Best,
    Bob
  • You're very welcome haboob. Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi haboob. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00143 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Bob. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman! Thanks! I'm looking for the numbers for the 2013, though.
    Are those the same as the 2012? Or was that a typo and you meant 2012?

Also - is the 2013 A5 cabrio prestige the same numbers?

THANKS!!!!!!!
    Bob
  • Sorry about the confusion, Bob. AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for a lease of a Prestige would be the same but the residual value would be 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • mucho1mucho1 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I got this quote from a Dealer in Manhattan for an Audi 2013 A5. $4937.61 due at signing $599.62 per month.

Don't have much of the particulars except that its Premium Plus w/ Nav

is this a good deal?
  • 2013 Audi A5 Premium Plus with Nav,10,000 miles per year, 36month, $4937.61 due at signing $599.62 per month.

Is this a good deal
  • Car Man:

I had to order my 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige quattro and it has finally arrived. What are AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease on this car with 10,000 miles per year - assuming best credit rating? I am scheduled to pick it up at the dealer this weekend.

As always, thanks.
  • Wow sweet car, gmoxie. What color did you get? I'm sure that you're happy that it's finally here.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00088 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • So I've never leased a car before and only know what I've read this past week. My three questions are:

1. What is a good deal(monthly payment range) on a 2013 Audi A5 premium plus(MSRP 42600) with no down payment, 15k miles per year, 3 year lease? I have a discount through work to get the car for 40k and have a 800+ credit score

2. Would I get a significantly better deal on the 2012 A5 vs the 2013? Any significant difference b/w the '12 and '13 models?

3. I have read that I should never put down any money, is this doable for most dealerships if youre brand new to them but have 800+ credit?

Thanks!!
  • nero5nero5 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man! I was wondering if you could tell me the December numbers for a 2013 A5 Premium in California with convenience and lighting package? For both 10k and 15k miles per year, 42 months, residual, money factor, etc. I was looking to put $1k-2k down.

Thanks!
  • Certainly nero5. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • msc5msc5 Posts: 17
    Carman,
    Can you please post the MF and RV for a Audi A5 coupe for 12,000 miles for 24 month lease vs. 36 month lease? Also, do these numbers apply for all versions---premium, premium plus and prestige or are the numbers different for the different trim levels?
    Currently have an E350 lease coming to its end and deciding whether I want to get another Mercedes or an Audi? Is Audi offering any conquest cash?
    Thanks, MSC
  • Here you go msc5. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00123 and 56%.

The money factors for all A5 Coupes are the same. The residual values for the Premium Plus are the same. The residuals for the Prestige are 4% lower.

I don't think that Audi is providing any conquest cash on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can you give me the money factor and residual on a 2013 A5 Premium Plus. I'm getting very different numbers for the local dealers.
  • I'm looking at the numbers for a 42 month lease. Thanks
  • Went into the dealership last night and here are the numbers I got. A5 Premium Plus w/Nav, advanced key, and B&O sound system.
    MSRP 48590
    Neg Price 46000
    42 months/10000 miles
    residual 53%
    MF .00158
    payment $690.49
    Sales tax is 7%

When I plug the numbers into a lease calculator I get a payment of 636. What's causing the difference
  • Are you including the acq. fee in your calc or paying up front? Also, do your drive-off costs match?
  • I'm doing 0 down. Aquisition fee of 399 is added in.
  • pj1369pj1369 Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    Hi Everyone-

In the market to get a new audi a5. Got my first offer from one of the local dealerships over the phone...with a worksheet to follow...I hope.

Car in question: Metallic Black Audi A5 Premium Plus w/ Navi a few extras
    MSRP: $47,760
    Dealer Offered Price: $44,948
    Lease Offer: $518 a month, with $9K down, for 12K a year, over 3 years/36 months (waiting for number specifics)
    Buy Offer: $629 a month, with $9K down, and 1.9% APR financing

Any preliminary thoughts? Seem like good offers? Anything I should think about as I move into more negotiations and look to improve the offer?

Thanks!

-PJ

P.S. $9K down is from trade-in
This discussion has been closed.