Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima CVT

14567810»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,830
    You can find the NHTSA website here:
    http://www.safercar.gov

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I just bought a 2011 Nissan Altima with 39k miles. The first few days it was fine. Suddenly I have noticed a sound similar to the sound an engine would make when running at high RPM's like when a transmission is in a lower gear. However when driving the RPMS are a normal range (2k highway). When the car is driving slowly I put it in neutral to see if the sound went away (indicating possibly not a transmission problem) and the sound remained. Has anyone had similar symptoms and if so what have the results been?...thanks.
  • haulthault Posts: 124

2013 Altima 2.5 has vibration issue at 21000 miles. Nissan told dealer to tell me "it was normal." Obviously no one would buy the car if they experienced the vibration issue. Mine developed around 15-20,000 mile area. Before that it was good. Still working on finding a solution.

• orcinus1orcinus1 Posts: 0

I recently bought a 2014 Nissan Altima 3.5 V6 SL. This car keeps shuddering when travelling in speed range of 25-40mph, noticed this issue around 500 miles on odometer. I had to drop of my car at dealer who was able to replicate the issue but Nissan is clueless on how to fix the issue. Really had a great feeling when I test drove this car, but it has been giving me nightmares recently.

• orcinus1orcinus1 Posts: 0

I recently bought a 2014 Nissan Altima 3.5 V6 SL. This car keeps shuddering when travelling in speed range of 25-40mph, noticed this issue around 500 miles on odometer. I had to drop of my car at dealer who was able to replicate the issue but Nissan is clueless on how to fix the issue. Really had a great feeling when I test drove this car, but it has been giving me nightmares recently.

14567810»