Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Electrical Problems

Comments

• burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    Let me know when you find that trouble free German car, I'll consider one myself.
    Anyway, how do you know the problem is the battery? Was the voltage checked?
  • I have an 03 LT Trailblazer, never had any major issues with it, bought it used and have been very happy......until last summer. I noticed that the left turn signal was real dim when not in use and if you tried to use it it would blink really fast... when the left turn signal was dim like that the air conditioner would not blow cold air......I'm not sure why but things went back to normal for a little while, then they started again and have escalated. The left door speaker and dash speaker won't work, only part of lights on the radio-heater console work, part of the light in my speedometer don't work, sometimes the cruise won't cooperate and today the windshield wipers just stopped and the lights would not come on.

We've been loyal Chevy owners for many years, my 3 month old 93 s 10 pickup sat in my yard went boom and burned, alternator shorted out, GM took responsibility and I got another truck. In my 95 I bought a new GMC Safari van and didn't get home with it, some sensor went out and I drove a loaner for a week......but I've stuck with 'em cos they've always fixed what went wrong, not now, nobody knows.......I need help with this please. :(
  • there are 4 studs sticking up in your fuse box under the hood, one of my had a little wiggle in it and when we tightened it up it has fixed the headlight problem right now. So try this maybe it can help you too.
  • 2003 trailblazer. Running light on passenger side went out while the brake light still worked, same bulb. I detatched the wire harness from the tail light circuit board to find the pins corroded and broken. I've got the replacement circuit board and wire harness, but have no clue how to remove the old harness or how to hook the new wires into the vehicle. in the new package there are five white wires and five small orangish tubes. Just moved to a new city, don't know anyone, and don't want to get pulled over for it AGAIN!! any suggestions??
  • 2006 Trailblazer, something draining batter. Some things I've noticed: A few months ago, low beams went out, did some research and replaced drl relay under hood. everything was great again. About 2 weeks ago, dead battery. Odd, but jumpstart did it good and everything was well again. Yesterday, dead battery again. I don't believe it is the battery. I've noticed that sometimes (not always) drl's will stay on longer than usual after shutting car off. Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes, (not always) drl's come on automatically when opneing the car door. I think this could be what is draining the battery excessively. Could this be a faulty dlr relay again? I've tried to search, but cannot find anything specific to this problem.
    Is it the original battery? If so, it's about time to replace it. It's also a good time to check the charging system.
    Otherwise what's happening seems normal to me.
  • I traced it back to the drl relay under the hood. I know it seems normal, but I park in a garage and could tell it was excessive the way that they were coming on. They would come on when opening the door to get in, not just when shutting off and exiting, and they had never done that before. Knowing that the relay is a notorious problem with this model, I decided to check it out. As I wiggled it to get it out, lights would come on and off sporadically. That confirmed it for me.
    Interesting. Did you find out what was causing it though? Was the relay bad (shorted contacts or something) or was the problem in the socket itself?
  • Gotta be somewhere in the relay itself cause a new relay does not flash the lights when wiggled.
  • What part number is that relay? My 07 TB LBs just turn off but sometimes work for days or weeks then shut off and start working 10 minutes to an hour later. Very dangerous. I would like to replace the #46 relay. Where can I get it besides the dealership?
  • The part number is the same as the relay, 15016745 and it was the #46. I got mine at Napa about $40, took a day to order.
  • I have a 2004 Trailblazer which I purchased new, within the last few months have gone through 5 batteries, 3 parasidic draw tests as well as an alternator test and have come up with no fix.Mechanics only suggestion to "TRY" and find problem is to get it towed to them next time it just dies???? I do see several posts with people having the same fustrating problems and none with concrete resolve to this issue. Does a recall exist somewhere on this ongoing Trailblazer problem?
  • I had similar problems...after about a year and a half of continuous attempts to fix the problem, new battery, new altinator among other things, I discovered that the yoke on the steering column where the keys go into was set off. So when I turned off the vehicle and removed the keys, the yoke was off and continued to drain the surface charge off of the battery. I had a friend mechanic take off the yoke and reset it so it did not continue the charge. I have not had to jump my vehicle for about 9 months now. No continuing problems since reseting the yoke, though now that i said that it will probably fall apart now. Let me know if this works for you.
  • Also when you turn off the vehicle and remove your key look to see if the red battery light is still lit. That indicates a continuous draw on the battery. I was told the same thing by mechanics to tow it in when it doesn't start. not realistic.
  • My 2006 trailblazer has serious electrical issues all of a sudden. I thought it was the alternator or the battery. took it to my mechanic and he said that both of those were fine. every time i slow down and stop for things like a stop light all the gauges become unreadable and bounce around. I usually have to keep one foot on the break and one on the gas slightly so my car doesn't die all together. also when i'm driving i could be fine for 2 months and than all of a sudden out of no where i'm driving down a highway and wham lights go out and i cant see anything and have to pull over and wait for them to turn back on. Does GM plan on doing anything about this since it seems to be a common problem? I have always been a loyal customer to gm and would hope that something gets done about this or else i will never be buying another gm car again. pretty terrifying when your driving in the dark on a freeway.
  • We all know what you mean about the many electrical issues especially on our Trailblazers. The low beam headlights going out is such a common problem that you'd think GM would resolve the issues once and for all with all the complaints. Alas, all we can do is hope. I been extremely satisfied with my 02 Trailblazer as I now have over 315,000 miles on her and she looks and runs great. Have many of the little issues like the headlights and funny as this remark sounds I believe many of the problems with the TB's can be related to heat or cold weather causing havoc with the cars electronics.

Anyway, when your low beams go out use high beams as a back up.

I believe the fix has been to replace both the #45 & #46 fuses. Haven't done that yet myself as I just keep switching to my high beams and eventually the low beams will come back on.

Good luck.

Ditto on the ugh!
  • Well im so fed up with this truck whi le driving to work it suddenly lost power then regained power but was driving weird the speedometer is reading im driving 70mph when I prob was doing the most 25. im hearing this is going to cost me over 500$ . This will b the 2nd time this is replaced lucky the dealer I purchased it from took care of it the 1st time but that wad a year ago...so im sol this time..... I just replaced the tramsmission....alternator, starter, ignition switch all this year. This is,insane I hate this truck pure money pit.....can afford another car right now ;( :mad:
  • You might want to have them check the connections in the dash or the dash motor assembly. I had some of the same issues and the lights fading stopped as soon as my mechanic found some loose connections in the dash and tightened them. I've also had the speedometor go crazy and while searching on the internet for a solution I read that the dash motor can cause all kinds of problems if it goes bad. GM had a refund set up for 2005's and newer. If I can find the info on this again I'll re-post. Or you can search for it by looking up trailbazer dash motor problems.
  • OK GREAT!!!! THANKS
  • Sarah @ customer service: We are senior citizens and our 2006 trailblazer only has 60,000 miles. Recently, we are also having this problem. Our Trailblazer is shutting off while driving down the road. This is very dangerous and has put us in very dangerous situations. We have taken it to get checked by a mechanic. The mechanic believes it is the computer system that is causing the problem. To fix this problem is going to cost us over a $1,000.00.
    Do you have any suggestions or advice for us. Apparently this is a major issue with these Trailblazers!!!!!!