Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 - 2010 Nissan Murano

Comments

• No 08' model. Skipping to an 09. They did the same thing with the Quest. Went from 02 to 04, with no 03 Model. Look for it early spring.
  • 745745 Posts: 4
    There is enough info out there now that confirms that the Murano will be available as an 09 in FRebruary 08. The first showing will be in November at the L.A. auto show. Those who have seen it, claim it has similiar lines to the new Infiniti EX coming out in December 07
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Posts: 262
    I know some people find spy shots tantalizing, but honestly, you can't tell much of anything from those photos.
  • goateegoatee Posts: 51
    Exactly what is the factory producing right now? Are the 09 models coming off the line or still 07's? Since the asssembly line is in Japan we may never actually know for sure. If they are producing 09's seems like there shoud be some reliable photos out there. Please share any information you would have about the 09 Murano, I know the 07 would technically be a better deal - I just dont want to end up with the "old model" only months or weeks after I buy.
    They aren't necessarily producing anything at the moment. They have to re-tool and convert the Murano production lines for the new 2009 model.

Additionally it will take the cars anywhere from 8-12 weeks to arrive in the US after assembly in Japan.

The 2009 model is supposed to be shown off at the LA auto show in 11 days. It is supposed to start arriving at dealers for sale in the March/April time frame.
  • 745745 Posts: 4
    Midwest Nissan Regional Office reports: 09 will be at the L.A. show this month. It will go on sale in late Feb, early March 08. There is a 09 model heavily disguised already in the Chicago area. Those that know say the 09 Murano will have a completely new front end more horizonal headlights. Grill change and front fenders more sculpted as is the area above the wheel wells. The rear is not dramaticaly changed with the exception that the taillights are horizontal. The interior has been totally changed.
    Well this is what I've been told it will be interesting in seeing what really comes out.
  • kramgkramg Posts: 7
    I am on the East Coast-NY/NJ. I have been told by regional sales reps that the new 2009 Murano should be hitting the showrooms sometime in late January. It will be displayed at the LA Auto Show in the next two weeks. In answer to a previous post, it will be assembled in the U.S. not Japan.
  • The new Murano will be released January 2nd, 2008. It is totally redsigned and will be released as a 2009, this is done for CAFE purposes.
  • Looks like all the rest of them (CUVs). When the Murano first came out I liked it because it was different. The back reminds me of a RAV 4.
  • Hey all,

I found this on a different forum...very interesting possibility...

8lu8llz - Nov 7, 2007 11:39 am (#15 Total: 16)

There are 5 models of this [2009] Murano testing [near] the NTCNA center here in Maricopa, AZ. I have it on good authority that Numbers 3 and 5 are actually hybrid models, which is why those arent often visible on the city streets. Because it would be heard, or rather NOT heard.

Anyone have any news about this? Thoughts?
  • i like it. especially the interior.
  • To me, the Nav screen looks a bit small - might just be from the angle though.

Interior seems to resemble the Rogue a little too much. I kinda liked the orange gauges in the other models.

Any new info about a possible Murano hybrid model being released or are these just false rumors???
  • Images somehow got truncated. Here are direct links
    Exterior

Interior
    Looks good. Hopefully Nissan gets a little more realistic with their pricing. The current Murano is priced in competition with luxo marquees like the Acura MDX.

Here's to hoping that a moderately well equipped Murano will come in at under $40,000.
  • If its not under $35,000 fully loaded its over priced.
  • ts1234ts1234 Posts: 21
    If thats a complete redesign , better hire some new designers.
    Ho Hum. Murano was ahead of its time when it first came out.
    Not no more.
    Disappointed.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    Any dimension info released yet? Is there more front and / or back seat legroom in the 2009?

How about a telescoping steering wheel?
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 551
    Yikes! The front end looks somewhat like last year's Subaru Tribeca.
  • goateegoatee Posts: 51
    Yikes!! I guess beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder. I was expecting something better than this.
    Waaah. All I hear are complaints. It's still a very classy looking car and the mild aesthetic improvements will likely be more striking in person than in photos.

The Rogue looked "awful" in photos but looks quite good in person.

You guys are far too harsh.

This is going to sell like hot cakes, especially if Nissan doesn't substantially increase the pricing. One of the key things they've done is seriously beef up the features to surpass what current $35K competitors are doing in the crossover segment;

1. New 70% rear differential power with new CVT transmission.

2. Heated, telescoping steering wheel available

3. Bluetooth touch screen navigation and POWER rear folding seats available. New touchscreen AND voice navigation with rear view camera available.

4. Power rear hatch available.

5. Heated front AND rear seats. The Acura MDX with this feature costs $47K.

6. Xenons now available along with standard LED rear lamps.

7. Traction control and stability track now standard.

The Murano is packing a LOT for under $40K. I can't wait to see final option pricing.
  • I saw the New Murano on the Nissan website today "nissan motors.com"
    They have specs and photos of the 2009 Murano. Pretty nice. MP3 jack this year and bluetooth. wish they had done that last year when I bought mine
    www.nissanmotors.com has a nice flash site covering many of the new Murano features. No pricing yet, but they will have to release that info soon if these are going to be at dealers in 8 weeks.

My own personal prediction is that fully loaded, the top of the line model will sticker for $37K which will include all the goodies, including the new panoramic moon roof, front/rear heated seats, 20 inch rims, MP3 jukebox with iPod hook up, etc, etc, etc.

If it does sticker around $37K we will use our VIP discount to get one for slightly over invoice next spring.
  • I just priced out a 2007 with all options and it priced out at 41k I am thinking with all the new gadgets the 2009 will push up to 43k which is in MDX territory. That would not be good for Nissan since Acura offers a better warranty and better service along with 3 row seating. The murano has some features not on the MDX such as the hard drive and bird's eye view NAV and bigger entertainment screen but I would probably go for the MDX in that price range
  • this price includes all options navigation and dvd entertainment...
    When I price out Murano SE with all options it comes to just under $40K. I'm not sure about the rear DVD system. My dealer told me that they hardly ever sell Murano with those as it's not really a vehicle that is popular in that sort of soccer mom niche.

Comparitively, to get an MDX with RSE, Navi, rear heated seats, etc, is $48K. Still quite a bit more and the MDX lacks some of the new features such as keyless entry/starting, heated steering wheel, dual pane moonroof with power shades, power up rear seats, etc. Murano also gets substantially better gas mileage than MDX.

I think that MDX and Murano are sort of in two seperate segments. RDX is probably a closer Murano competitor as it goes for $37K sticker with the Nav/Tech package.
  • i am currently in a 2003 Murano i purchased back in feb of 2003. I lov the car overall and am looking to get into something new soon. The mdx is a nice car and all, but the price is just too steep for me. If the murano can stay under 40k new I will definitely get it or maybe get a one year old MDX for around 39k if i am lucky. I cant seem to find anything else to my liking. The Pilot will not be coming until next summer, the Highlander is just too boring looking and I won't even look at non Japanese. Looking at the Murano there are many changes to the interior that I love but the exterior looks too close to the second. If i pulled up to a friends place and bought the same color 2009 Murano would they be able to tell the difference?
  • any word on gas mileage for the new murano i currently am getting about 18 only on a 03..
    I wouldn't expect the new Murano to have substantially different mileage than the current model. The new Murano makes use of aluminum in the suspension which probably cuts the weight a bit, but that weight is probably gained back in all the extra gadgets found in the newer vehicle.