Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• gc1959gc1959 Posts: 1
    Hi could you send the sheets to me at gclutts@aol.com

Thank you
  • Apparently, Toyota is not too worried about getting people psyched up for the new 2008 Sequoia model. I called my local dealer last night and spoke to a salesperson and he said he has heard nothing about production dates etc., dimensions, pricing, etc. for the 2008 Sequoia.

He said that all he knew is that the front will look like a Tundra.

I cannot believe that they're not trying to get these out on the dealership lots before the end of the year.
  • I currently have a 1997 4Runner and was waiting for the release of the 08 Sequoia. I like the size & looks of the current model,but I do not like the fact that the rear/3rd row seats do not fold flat. Now looking at the 08 model, man that truck is huge. I really want to stay away from buying American, but the GMC Arcadia/Buick Enclave are looking better & better.
  • djk5djk5 Posts: 3
    So it appears that you can only get the 2nd row captain chairs with the platinum?

And do the 2nd row captain chairs fold flat into the floor?

I would love to see the sheets on these, because I am confused as to why the three levels of truck?

It would seem that the platinum would compete with the land cruiser and/or lexus trucks. what is the point in creating more competition amongst your own products?
  • snw1975snw1975 Posts: 16
    Does anyone know anything about pricing? I would really like to know if the 2008 Sequoia's are going to be really pricey and if so I'd like to take advantage of Chevy's truck days and 0% on a Suburban.

Getting really tired of waiting here in NC!! :mad:
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,690
    If you like the Sequoia, they can be had for way below invoice right now. My loaded Limited listed for almost $52k. We got it for $41k and change. The 2007 is the end of the model run and should have the bugs worked out. With Toyota's recent problems I would not want one of their first year models. They are not as big as a Suburban. I had a Suburban for 7 years and loved it. So you do have some choices in big rigs right now. Beat em down to nothing on whatever you buy. And good luck.

Also Welcome to the FORUM!!
    Thanks! I have been reading a while and finally decided to post.

The main reason I was asking is I know I could get a steal on a suburban right now and as you said beat them down to nothing! so if the new Seqouia is going to be $55k plus I might go the way of the Suburban.
  • petro33petro33 Posts: 192
    One comment on first year models. Most of the engine transimmison and suspension and cabin set up is in place this year in the new tundra. So it is going through one year of "testing" before going into the seq. The new seq will be "almost" surburban size. Plus based on how tundras are selling and the price of this first year makeover, they are offering steep discounts. I suspect it all has to do with the drying up market for big size and power SUVs.
  • hello kcoc,

I have been reading this forum for awhile because I am also waiting on the 08 Sequoia to come out. Did you have some info on it. Anything you may have I would appreciate. Any new word on when we may see the new Sequoia in a showroom. I am in Southeast Texas.

Thanks,

Lane
  • I think maybe we'll see something in a few weeks. I heard it's supposed to debut at the LA Autoshow next month.

http://www.laautoshow.com

It says to check back after Press Days, Nov. 14-15, to see the debuts unveiled at the show.
    If you need the additional size and towing capability it may be worth the wait. I think you are right about the discounts shortly after the dust settles. I think it will be the first of the year before we see them at dealers. If the back seat is as roomy as the CrewMax it will be a good passenger hauler. Hopefully they improve the NAV on the 2008 model. The one in my Limited is just that very LIMITED as to capability. NO XM is killing me.
  • curtcfcurtcf Posts: 4
    I was interested to know if you would mind forwarding me the data sheets on the '08 Sequioa? We would greatly appreciate it!
    I talked with someone from Southeast Toyota distributors today. He told me the base model new Sequoia would start at $46-$47K and the fully load model would run around $59-$60K.

The first pre-ordered vehicles should hit the lots around Christmas.

I think they will be great, however, I cannot wait another year for the 2008's to get be discounted and pay a reasonable price for them.

I have to get the family something bigger than my current 4 runner.

GOOD LUCK FOLKS! I am going to buy a DEEPLY discounted loaded Suburban LTZ tomorrow for 40,500. I am out!
  • If that is what they are going to go for, I can guarentee you that they wont sell that hot. That is about 10k more then what this years model was going for. NO THANKS! I have been a loyal toyota customer but for that price, no offense, I would rather be driving a different auto...I will wait before I purchase my next auto, but if it is anything more then 1 to 3 thousand more then the models of this year they could kiss my [non-permissible content removed]!
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    "He told me the base model new Sequoia would start at $46-$47K and the fully load model would run around $59-$60K."

If they actually set the prices that high, I expect that they'll have big incentives on them within 6 months of release.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Posts: 283
    Agree. With $59-60K, you can buy a base Mercedes GL450 at MSRP and still leaves about $5k of change. Both are big SUVs.
  • My instinct tells me this is a case of under promise and over deliver. This price is in Land Cruiser territory.
    It did not take 6 months for big incentives on the Tundra. The new Sequoia will be a new Tundra with a full body. I would look for $4k-$6k below MSRP within weeks of first deliveries. With gas prices high they are not going to sell very fast. If they are ugly they may be even cheaper. It looks like they will be Suburban sized rather than Tahoe/Yukon size.
  • jci1jci1 Posts: 34
    It's hard to believe that days before its introduction Toyota hasn't publicized the new model information. The 2009 Corolla info is out but not the 2008 Sequoia???
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    At this point lets hope there is no 2008 and only a 2009 Sequoia...and that it is unveiled at the LA Auto show.