Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• toddhmtoddhm Posts: 35
    An extended length Sequoia that matches the Suburban/Yukon XL/ESV in size would be perfect for my needs. Sign me up if this is true....
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Stay tuned. Toyota will be making a dually Tundra and also a diesel to compete with Chevy and Ford.
    :shades:
  • trebor129trebor129 Posts: 176
    With the current seat layout, I also would have wanted a longer one. However, I would settle for less room in the 3rd row and more room behind the 3rd row. They made a TON of toom in the 3rd row and I am not sure why. Whoever we stick back there will be a kid or someone with low seniority who can deal with it. They made it with huge legroom which is wasted on us. But where does the luggage/dog go?
  • eagle34eagle34 Posts: 22
    I own an 07 Tundra and love it but I paid 28600 for it. I can not believe Toyota did not make any attempt to upgrade the interior on the Sequoia. For 58k I would expect much more than this. Even the Tahoe is more luxurious than the Toyota. Trying to tack on a cheesy plastic faux wood dash is an insult. I was really looking forward to the release of this vehicle but after looking at one I did not even ask to drive it. Tundra inside for twice the price. Bought a QX 56 which is more along the lines of Lexus. Totally blows the Sequoia away for 5000 less.
    The space in the third row was intentional. Previous owners complained about having only children sit back there, now full size adults can sit back there comfortably.
    Well the previous owners screwed me over then as we lost all the cargo space which matters much more to me than the adult who will sit in my 3rd row three times a year.
  • I would like to have some opinions on the red rock interior. Who has it and what are your thoughts?
    You can fold the third row seats and there's also a cubbyhole on the floor you can use for storage.
  • de77de77 Posts: 40
    The Sequoia sepcifically is not recommended by CR?
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    I agree with you, I am also very disappointed overall in the new generation Sequoia. The interior is too light for an SUV that is used to haul stuff and people. The color choices are terrible and should include at least one dark color that would at least hide some dirt and grime. The Platinum does have the Redrock interior but who wants basketball interior... if you havn't seen the Redrock interior it is UGLY.

When you pay this much for an SUV you would expect some extras to be standard. The Limited does not come with memory seats, power tilt nor does it have adjustable brake/gas pedals. These should be standard on this vehicle.

The exterior is plain... even the Platinum which is the Top of the line is nothing special to look at. The only way that you can tell if it's a Platinum is by the name plate on the C pillar. You should be able to tell the difference betweem the SR5 and Platinum without having to look at the name plate.

Even though the Sequoia is plain looking and does not have the features I expect I still want one but... I am 6'3" and there is no head room with the sunroof. The seat does not lower and I am trying to purchase a Limited without a sunroof and with 2nd row bench seating. The dealerships in Arizona have tried to order the Limited without the sunroof with no success. I was wondering if anyone has tried to order one without the sunroof, if so what state (region) are you in and what dealership have you used?
  • sirraf,

I recently test drove a white/gray limited without sunroof. 2nd row buckets though. Truck was in FL.
  • ratom - I was very high on red rock. I thought it would look great with black exterior. but then i saw it on a couple Tundras and another Seq before I made my final call and it looked a little too orange. Still kind of neat, but I think by 6 months or so I would have regretted ordering it. I ended up ordering black with Tan on my seq. suppose to be here next week.
  • why do you want one ??? You're whole post was about how you hated it ? That is fine, that is your opinion and I respect that but why on earth would you still be getting one ? Why don't you get a vehicle you like ???? I happen to love my new 08 Seq. I love everything about it, that is why I am driving it. Just curious.
  • blows it away how. in terms of the dash board ? I guess it is all a matter of taster. I could car less if I have faux wood on my dash. it is all about power/power train, for me and hauling an 8,000 lb boat. for that this vehicle rocks.. (in my opinon better interior-wise than my old Escalade... was very pimp and very cheesy in comparison)
    "if you havn't seen the Redrock interior it is UGLY. "

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :blush:
    I was able to install my own sonar. People said this would be too hard to do so before doing this I called a Toyota dealer and asked for a quote to add the factory system. They said they would not be willing to try as they did not want to drill into my bumper and would want to buy a new one pre-drilled and then paint it. That was too silly for me to bear so I tried it myself. Came out perfect and took me about three hours including all wiring for just the back.

Kit as it came. $120 delivered. Grey color is close enough to the Toyota Slate Metallic.

Connect positive to the reverse light which is a dark blue wire.
    Connect negative to the white wire with the black stripe.

The factory sensor locations are easy to find because there are marks inside.

I am satisfied with how they look. They work as expected but I need to try them out in the real world to be sure how I like it.

• hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    I have an '08 Sequoia with red rock interior and black exterior on order. I saw the red rock interior on a white Tundra crewmax and thought it looked great. I also liked the black door panels and black carpeting as opposed to the lighter grey or beige carpeting which I think is going to look dingy after a single boating season.

In the end, car manufacturers offer different colors because owners have different tastes. If that weren't true then we'd all be driving "black" because Edsel Ford said you could have any color model-T you wanted....... so long as it was black.
    I was ok with the redrock I drove. The silver trim was the weakness of it more than the color of the red rock. Graphite is by far the color to get.
  • eagle34eagle34 Posts: 22
    Qx is no slouch in powertrain dept either. Look at torque numbers. Remember this is the wife's rig. I haul my 7000lb boat with my Tundra. The 5.7 and six speed is an awesome package. A package that was bought for 28600. I don't expect to pay twice that for another row of seats, more roof and an antique nav system. The wife didn't go for the multi colored interior either. Can't understand why they aren't offering a black interior. Differences between Q and Sequoia go way beyond fake wood and 61 more hp. I'm sure the Sequoia is a fine vehicle. Just don't believe they will command these prices because of power train only. But as you stated it is a matter of the taster.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Posts: 283
    Has anyone here also considered the Lexus GX? It also has 3 rows and $ starts around 45k. Load it with NAV and Mark Levinson, the price is right around $50k. Understand the size and power are different, but sounds like the Lexus is a better buy.