Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Super white is plain white and not pearl. Looks good on the Tundra but I bet that pearl white is really sweet on the Sequoia platinum.
    Mack
  • keg97keg97 Posts: 189
    The Artic Frost White looks GREAT on the Sequoia. We had one (with the Red Rock interior) as a weekend loaner and while it did not look great in the daytime (it was cloudy), it sparkled and looked excellent at night under the parking lot lights at Outback. It just glimmered. It was not quite as "pretty" as the White Diamond Pearl on an Escalade, but in the same ballpark.

We actually parked the Artic Frost Pearl next to a Super White Land Cruiser and there is no comparison btwn the colors- the Pearl has much more depth and looks classier. Kinda surprising that Toyota does not offer the Pearl on the Cruiser...I don't mind b/c it kept me from having to fight the wife on looking hard at the LC when it did not fit our needs...only b/c she loved the interior of it.
    It looks great on a sunny morning also. Kind of reminds me of a fresh snowfall in winter when the snow starts to melt.
    :)
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,680
    The white pearl was my first choice on the 2007 Sequoia. The plain white is glaring in the sunshine. I did not like it at all. I usually buy white vehicles. I do like ours with Desert Sand Mica. The light colored carpets may be a pain to keep clean. I will check out the RR with pearl White when I see one at a dealer.
  • I don't have a dealer close to me that has a Sequoia with captain chairs and a 2nd row console. Can anyone provide some pictures that give more details regarding the console?

Does it fold over/down? Can you show that?
    What does the storage compartment look like? Are there multiple compartments?
    What electronic controls are located on it?

Thanks!
  • toddhmtoddhm Posts: 35
    hdfatboy, the Metallic Slate exterior / Red Rock (Lb21) interior is in fact an available combo.
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    Thanks, I guess the salesman was incorrect when he was sharing the available combinations. I still prefer the Black/Red Rock combo however the Slate/RR would also have been nice in my opinion.
  • The 08 does come with a rear DVD and sunroof. I have a black 08 Limited.
    We have a Black with the red rock interior Platinum on the lot. It looks pretty good. The red rock leather looks more reddish than in the pictures on Toyotas' website. Someone here mentioned it looked like a basketball but I didn't see it that way.
    Mack :shades:
  • I am getting a black platinum and struggled over interior for a while. wasn't going to get grey since i had that for last 5 years in my 4Runner. So i really thought i was going to get red rock. After much consideration I switched to tan (or sand whatever its called). I saw a tundra and a silver seq with RR and while it initially popped and I liked it, the dealer let me take the seq for an hour to lunch and I started realizing that I don't think i would like it in 6 months. What i do like is how they blended it with black mats etc. (wish they would do that with tan), in the end i think it would have gotten old. I decided on black/tan and its suppose to come in on 1/22. let me know if anyone wants any feedback after that.
  • Hi 3rd4rnnr
    I would appreciate your posting pictures of your Black/Sand beige when you receive it. That is the color combination I am considering if I purchase a Sequoia Platinum. I am in Canada and a dealer here tells me that combination won't be available in Canada. Black will only be available with graphite or RR. I hope he is wrong. The release (including pricing) in Canada is scheduled for Jan 21 or 29th.

The main consideration will be pricing. If close to US pricing I will probably purchase, but if $10 - 20,000 more I will forget it and probably purchase a 2007 Escalade. The used prices are coming more in line with US pricing as they can easily be imported. Apparently Toyota won't allow their US dealers to sell new vehicles to Canadians.
  • vip3vip3 Posts: 1
    If your interested in importing a Toyota or Honda to Canada you can check with states that are farther from the border and have the car shipped to a US city close to your crossing. It is also helpful if everyone would email their protest of this ridiculous policy to the car manufacturers themselves. Canadians are importing thousands of US used vehicles every day and restricted them from new is discrimination! Why should a vehicle cost so much more just because it was driven across the border????

Wise up Canadians and protest!!!!
  • Hi vip3
    Thank you for your interest and suggestions.
    I have written about 3 emails to Toyota Canada suggesting the price of the 2008 Sequoia should be comparable to US pricing (as well as to a govt. minister) and it will be interesting to see how the new Sequoias are priced upon their release.

I agree, we Canadians should just not buy the new vehicles until the pricing is more in line, now that our dollar is at about par. That is my intention and if they don't come around to this line of reasoning, I will look into your suggestion of buying further South, or the 2007 Escalade (my 2nd choice). If you are interested in how they are priced, check out Toyota.ca in a couple of weeks.
  • ttigerttiger Posts: 1
    I had read on the internet that they were going to make a chocholate brown vertion for the platinum series only.
    Has anybody heard if they are going to have other colors soon that are only in the platinum?
    Thanks,
    ttiger
  • ttiger,
    We have just returned from purchasing a new 2008 Sequoia Platinum in Norman Oklahoma.
    It's interesting to note that the paint color is indeed a pearl "oak" with the light tan interior. This paint color is not shown on Toyota's web site so it was a surprise for us when we saw it. We liked it and it grows on you the more you drive it.
    The paint is sort of a maroon brown with a reddish tint and the pearl really stands out in the sunlight or under lights and the sand interior compliments with it really nice. My wife fell in love with it so we bought it even though we didn't get competitive bids to see if we could get a different one for less.
    The Sequoia, equipped out with all our options, MSRP' at $61,551 and we got it for $57,000 + $200 doc. fee. In addition we were talked into Toyotas extended warranty which, this is terrible but I'm not quite sure, cost an additional $2,500.
    This gives us full warranty coverage on everything for 6 years or 100,000 miles basically extending full bumper to bumper coverage from 3 years to 6 years. (I don't know if that was a smart move on my part but this car is loaded with very expensive electronic equipment and three more years coverage on that could pay for its' self, well maybe. Anyway it's done and we love the car/suv.
    Mixed driving around town and on the interstate home (about 40/60) averaged 15.5 mpg and you can burn regular gasoline as opposed to premium required by all the others in this class.
    There are Toyota dealers that will sell you a $0 deductible/ 7year/ 100,000 mile Toyota Platinum extended warranty for a 2008 Sequoia for about $1000. You can still cancel the warranty you bought from the dealer you paid $2500 and purchase the extended warranty from the dealer at the link below.

I've not worked with him but many folks on the internet have been quite positive on his service.

Here's his email address and a website with others that have used his service.

TDietrich@FactoryDiscountWarranty.com
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/classifieds/24980-ts-preferred-dealers-sal- e-toyota-platinum-6/
    What's the name on the window sticker called? Desert sand, Cassis Pearl or maybe Pyrite pearl?
    Mack
    One other thought regarding the $2500 extended warranty. I really don't understand what extended warranty could have possibly cost $2500 from your dealer. The retail price on the most expensive extended warranty (Toyota's) for a 2008 Sequoia is $1850 at full list price. This would be Toyota's 100,000mile/7yr/$0 deductible policy. This includes unlimited towing to the nearest Toyota dealership, hotel and food upto $100/day if you're more than 150 miles from home, $50/day for a car rental and the warranty is transferable if you sell the vehicle.

I can't imagine what else the dealer could have included to get the bill upto $2500 for an extended warranty on a Sequoia.

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_VSAP- ricing&carSelected=Sequoia_4x4
  • hdfatboy,
    Thanks for the information. like I've said, I'm not really sure what I paid for the warranty because the finance officer at the dealership was packaging it with other protective packages ( car ding repair, coverage for the deference my insurance company would pay and the outstanding balance on the loan on the car, sealants- which later I found were supposed to be part of my "vehicle Shield Package" I had already paid for in the original purchase price of the car,etc) none of which I wanted but was convinced by his sales pitch that the reduced rate he gave me would let me have all the protection for just a little more than for the extended warranty's cost. All this was figured into my total financing costs for the car and I really never knew the total final cost of all the packages until I had time later to sit down and go over everything I had signed.
    I know, it was stupid of me to sign all those papers without really going over them with a fine tooth comb but I did. Dumb.
    As I've said we have just gotten home from purchasing the car and don't have any registration papers on the car yet and even still have to go back to the dealer to get some of our purchased option installed.
    Everyone reading this needs to make a mental note that they should learn from my mistake and insist that any documents you are asked to sign be given you to TAKE HOME AND REVIEW before you sign them.
    While I knew I was not getting anything for free, I did think I was being offered an extended warranty at afair market price, which after time for review and research does not appear to be the case.
    I'd like to say lesson learned but it seems that as I enter into the "seinior citizen" realm the wisdom I was supposed to have aquired over the years has somehow faded into obscurity.