Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• wow i have never seen that one yet. I saw one on a japanese website that looked similiar, but this pic certainly looks more streamlined. Certainly will be interesting to see how close it looks to the real thing when it comes out. I went to a dealer in LA yesterday and test-drove a Tundra..and of course i had to ask if they knew anything about the new Sequoia. They were saying September but who really knows at this point. It might end up being like the release of the Tundra (i.e, February). I did see on insideline or autoweek that Toyota was saying they were going to release news of two new production vehicles at the SEMA show in Vegas in October/November, so it may be that one of those production vehicles will indeed be the new Sequoia. Thanks for the pic, looks very interesting. Reminds me of an Armada in form.
  • grd398sgrd398s Posts: 15
    Interesting pic! I like the overall look of that...to me the back end looks similar to the current 4Runner. If you look at that picture really close, you'll notice that the plates seem to say "Land Cruiser" and the caption says something close to "130 Series, 4.4 Litre, Twin Turbro Diesel." I wonder if this is the next Land Cruiser, not the next Sequoia? I'm very anxious to see the new Sequoia. I wish Toyota would release something, anything! I need a new SUV bad...I'm willing to wait till the Fall, but not willing to wait till next Spring.
  • that isn't the new land cruiser because I have seen pics of the new land crusier and that doesn't like it...but i agree i don't want to wait til the spring either..hopefully they won't make people wait!
  • u045777u045777 Posts: 33
    Feast your eyes on this awsome SUV...

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lx.html

I just noticed the new LX goes on sale at the begining of new year and has the new 5.7 engine. I hope the 2008 Sequoia is similar except for the cost. The LX's size is just what I'm looking for but can't afford it's $75K+ price tag. Please Toyota make me a 2008 Sequoia that costs the same as a new fully loaded Tahoe and has all the bells and whistles that the Tahoe has.

Kudos to those that can afford the new LX... with cameras in the front to "see around the corner and blind spots" and have the same wood trim that expensive musical instruments and private jets have.
  • Yeah they showed it off at the New York autoshow. It looks incredible. I certainly like the fact that they have trimmed it from the boxy versions it used to be. It has nicer curves and seems to be more streamlined. Certainly if I could afford one, i would get one. I guess I will have to "settle" for the new Sequoia. I understand the size will be a little bigger than the Tahoe but smaller than the '07 Suburban but not by much. They advertise it on InsideLine as being the biggest SUV in Toyota's future lineup. I guess time will tell how big. It's almost June so certainly not much longer, i'm guessing.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Feast your eyes on this awsome SUV...

Hummm, looks a lot like the 08 Hylander from the waist down.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Toyota knew that to keep up with Ford, Chevy and Dodge they had to ..... And of course there are plenty of people with boats trailers, 5th wheels who would love a Sequoia

Until Toyota trys to outsale GM in the Tahoe segment they don't need to worry about the people that need to tow 10,000#. Toyota still sells a relatively small amount of Sequoia's and they sell all they want to make. They don't need to keep up, they're in the lead (just not in sales numbers). When they flood the market like GM, Ford and Dodge, their products will start getting discounted, profits will drop and they will indeed be competitive. Right now they offer a premium product at a premium cost and people don't mind.

IMO, they should have created a Sequoia the size of a Land Cruiser and leave the 10,000# towing and hauling of 8 people to GM and Ford who lose money building all of these models. I believe Toyota will regret this decision to go bigger.
    Toyota has kept me waiting too long. My current hunk of junk may have fallen ill for the final time last night. I was hoping to hold out for the new Sequoia, but it doesn't look like that will happen. My interest has turned to the new Saturn Outlook. From everything I'm reading, it seems like a quality replacement at a more reasonable price. Can anybody convice me otherwise?

Toyota - A photo of the 08 Sequoia is all it would take to keep me waiting!!! What are you thinking?
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    "Toyota - A photo of the 08 Sequoia is all it would take to keep me waiting!!!"

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/Comments/2800?@@
    YESSSSSS! I can wait!!! Thank you for that peek. I almost bought a used Sequoia yesterday. Glad I waited. Only about 7 more months now to drive a now '08!!!
  • See? Aren't you glad you waited? I bet it will sell at about the same time as the Tundra (February). Definitely looks bigger than the '07. Looks Tahoe-Sized.
    Hope I can keep my wife patient til Feb. Toyota give us some pictures of it uncovered!
  • well it certainly looks pretty nice from the the pictures..i think the shape is pretty much in line with the old gen Sequoia, just bigger. But I do hope it has some of the features that are seen in the LX 570. That would be nice. Of course it will be pricier, but definitely worth it. I am certainly happy that they are upgrading the engine and giving it more HP and towing capacity. I think with Toyota's reputation for quality and reliability they can convert more domestic owners to the new Sequoia. I like the new Tundra but i'd rather wait for the new Sequoia.
    Anyone have an idea if the new 2008 Sequoia will be getting similar MPG to the Tundra's with 5.7 engine?
    Toyota's website says the new Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 in all 3 styles (reg cab, double cab, and crew max) get only 14 city /18 hwy. If that's the case for the new Sequoia then I doubt I'll be buying with the price of gas so high. The new Highlander Hybrid is looking better all the time with 31 city / 27 hwy. That's roughly twice the milage compared to the Sequoia / Tundra. Cutting my gas bill in half is much more important to me than driving a big gas sucking SUV with a 10K tow rating. This is my last post here (unless by some miracle the Sequoia gets 17/20+). Good luck to all.
  • jogibajogiba Posts: 27
    If you want the best mpg with a SUV with 10,000 lb tow rating then look for a used 2005 diesel Excursion. The 2008 Sequoia should get about the same mpg as the 2008 Tahoe and Expedition with 5.3 and 5.4 V8's.
  • petro33petro33 Posts: 192
    I guess its all in the eye of the viewer. If you want a big SUV to haul a trailer or anything you are going to pay for that capacity. That is my problem. The seq will not be the car we drive all the time. That would be the honda Fit. If you don't need the towing capacity but the size to haul people inside there are a world of other vehicles that fit that need.

goold luck
    Toyota has kept me waiting too long...I'm moving on. This weekend I'm buying a 2008 Buick Enclave. This vehicle is amazing - it has the interior of a Lexus, the exterior of an Audi and the classic quiet ride of a Buick. Price and gas mileage trumps the Sequoia too, and on top of it all I'm not sacrificing interior space. I'm under 30 years old and my friends think I'm crazy to want a Buick. I have a feeling they will feel differently when they see THIS Buick.

I waited years for the new Tundra to come out, just to be terribly disappointed with the seat configuration of the CrewMax (I need seats that fold, not slide). Now I've been waiting months for more information on the new Sequoia, but sorry Toyota...by keeping me in the dark, you've forced me into another's arms. I can't wait another 6 months just to be disappointed again.
  • jogibajogiba Posts: 27
    Comparing a 2008 Buick Enclave to a 2008 Sequoia is like comparing the 2007 Tundra pickup to a Chevy Colorado pickup.
  • true to a point....and then some people aren't very patient are they? But I guess it's whatever suits your needs.