Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    If you're evaluating interior legroom and spacing for passengers than I would say the Sequoia is superior to the LX or LC. If flexibility of interior seating is your criteria for the best combination of seating and hauling than the Sequoia wins hands down over the LC or LX.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    My most important feature is smoothness and quietness of the ride. For hauling I have a Nissan Titan, for go fast I have a vette. I would consider a LS460 but somehow cars just don't do it for me anymore.
  • traderhaltraderhal Posts: 11
    I just picked up a platinum over the weekend for

$50,000 msrp of $58,095.

My biggest concern was that there may be incentives starting on april 1.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    I agree with that statement. For my money I would take the Sequoia over the LX or LC. On the previous gen I would go with the LC.
    Mack
    There will be. ;)
    Mack
  • There will be.
    Mack

Awesome. I hope they include rebates? I have a Platinum on order and specifically made by dealer notate on my buyers order that should the manufacturer release any rebates, they were mine to keep!.
    You're entitled to any rebates to the customer that are in effect at the time of purchase. If the vehicle is not on the lot and it's the last day of the month you can do your paperwork to take advantage of the incentives and just pick your vehicle up when it comes in.
    Mack
  • Mack, its April 1. Any update on incentives?
  • amheck1amheck1 Posts: 44
    don't new incentives come out on the 3rd?
    Only 1.9% apr for 36 months. This is usually followed by rebates so I'll check again mid month and see what's next.
    Mack :shades:
  • bportlandbportland Posts: 12
    I got an e-mail from a Toyota sales rep that said they placed financing incentives on the Sequoia, but not cash incentives. They are apparently 1.9% to 36 months, 2.9% to 48 months and 3.9% to 60 months on approved credit.

Pretty weak incentives if you ask me. I am guessing they will see if this boosts sales enough (which it likely will not) and then they will offer cash as well. We will see.
    You call 3.9% for 60 months weak? You must be used to the massive incentives the domestics offer. \ Mack
  • keg97keg97 Posts: 189
    I agree! Bank rates are right around 6.0% so you're getting a nice cut in that rate.
  • amheck1amheck1 Posts: 44
    Seems for SET they went up. Used to be $399 last month for a SR5 48 month lease, and now it's $419. Doesn't seem like they aren't offering any help that way.
    Yes. Shop around, with fed rates dropping, so are auto loan rates. I have used Pentagon Federal Credit Union for loans in the past, you don't have to be in the military to use them, just need an account (which you can open online). PFCU is currenly offering 4.25% for 72 months on new car loans. I will take an extra 12 months for a .26% increase. I would take cash over this offer in a heart beat. Here's the link to PFCU (I also have an equity line with them): https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/loans/vehicleLoans/newAutoLoans.asp
    By the way, no, I don't work for PFCU, I am an attorney. And I agree that the rate Toyota is offering is good, just not a huge incentive relative to other rates you can find in the market place right now. Gotta love the Internet, makes shopping around for rates much easier.
  • traderhaltraderhal Posts: 11
    I was hesitant to buy it with incentives around the corner but i suspect that with the average sequoia on the lot for over 100 days rebates will follow.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    You think that will be dealer specific, regional, or national?
    I think Mac knows this better than anybody in this forum, but I would think it would be regional at a minimum and most likely offered nationally.
    It would be regional. I believe there are 9 or 12 regions. With two being privately owned, (Southeast and Gulf States) the other regions are still controlled by Toyota Motor Sales USA and the mother country Japan. SET and Gulf states do whatever they want.
    Mack