Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• i agree. I don't see too many being advertised or sold;certainly not at the dealership i go to. Who'd want to buy an '07 when the '08 is so much bigger (though that does not necessarily mean better). I guess we'll find out soon enough.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    There are 8 models forseen for what will probably be a December launch (subject to change )

2WD Models
    SR5 4.7L
    SR5 5.7L
    LTD 5.7L
    PLATINUM 5.7L

4WD Models
    SR5 4.7L
    SR5 5.7L
    LTD 5.7L
    PLATINUM 5.7L
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    Thank you for the information.

Do you know what the "Platinum" is going to be, I have never heard of this before. Normally, the LTD has been the top of the line so could this be a higher level?
  • the way that message was written it would seem that the Platinum would the highest level..it would be nice it had some of the features of the '08 Lexus- like the music hard drive,etc..I know that it will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show in November. I am definitely looking forward to seeing it!!!
  • kcockcoc Posts: 10
    Platinum is top of line. Includes laser cruise, heated/ventilated front seats, heated middle row buckets, power folding third row, 9" dvd monitor, unique 20" aluminum wheels, 7" nav screen, telescope/auto tilt steering wheel. Was told it would been shown at Sema (?) w/ conv FJ and cor. Placed a deposit for Feb/08 delivery. Shown as an 08 model.
  • regrahamregraham Posts: 26
    Do you know if the 2008 Sequoia will be available with XM (or Sirrius) Satellite radio? I hope so. It would be a shame to have to suction cup an XM Radio receiver to the windshield of a 2008, especially when it is available now in most GM's.
  • regrahamregraham Posts: 26
    Also, do you know if the 2008 Sequoia will have a full size spare tire, mounted under the rear of the vehicle, or the smaller space saver tire?
    Looks like the same radio options that the Tundra has. No mention of the spare tire. Platinum will also have a power hatch.
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    Kcoc,

Where did you find information regarding what options come with the Platinum model?

And did your dealer have a price list available when you placed a deposit?

Thank you for the information that you have already provided.
    No prices. Dealer printed off sheets showing standard equipment and options for each of the three trim levels. Small print showed info was as of July/07 and stated it could be changed at anytime.
  • petro33petro33 Posts: 192
    I talked with a toyota dealer here in Folsom over the weekend about the '08 seq and what they had heard. He only kenw that the word they got was to expect them sometine in December. He knew nothing about the new trim level but did say they ahd offered that type of level on Avalons in the past. He thought that with that level trim it would be too close to a land Cruser and hurt those sales.
  • Do you have the sheets that the dealer printed off for you available for sharing? That would be great. Any idea if the second row capatin seats are going to be an option? Hopefully this time without the horrible wood trim included in the "luxury" package in the current model.
    Yes, I have the sheets and am willing to share any of info on them. Shows second row captain seats only on Platinum model. Mentions woodgrain trim for Limited and Platinum models. Metalic dash accents on SR5 model. Interior chrome trim and chrome inner door handles for the Limited. Option Package B for Limited includes auto tilt w/ memory, rear seat DVD, driver's seat w/ memory system and mirrors linked to seat memory. Platinum rear suspension: indepentent double wishbone, adaptive variable rear suspension (AVS), load levelling rear air suspension. Most dimensions are TBD. Any other questions?
  • I went to the dealership yesterday, and actual drove the Tundra CrewMax with the 5.7V8 6 speed variable transmission that will be in the 2008 Sequoia. They told me that orders can be taken in November, and production will start at that point. It will also be bigger. The Tundra could not fit into our garage, but I currently assuming the Sequoia to be shorter, so hopefully it will fit. Any, way the new engine is smooth and quiet, and gets better gas mileage than the current Sequoias.
  • Do you know whether or not the power folding third row of seats will fold flat as in the Expedition? Thanks.
  • Check out the spy photo and video which shows a power flat fold down seat.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=122007?imw=Y)
    Yes the third row folds flat in all models. SR5 - manual. Limited & Platinum are powered. Described as follows: power folding (flat) 3rd row seat, 50/50 split rear bench seat, recline, split and stow 3rd row.
  • Thanks for the info. Is there any way you can scan and e-mail them to toycpl03@gci.net? Thank a bunch!