Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda 626 Troubles

Comments

• MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,633
    well it'll have to be diagnosed more carefully. There are no error codes from a Check Engine Light? Usually some sensor or valve gone awry and messing up the fuel mixture.
  • 626town626town Posts: 7
    i also had the same problem but it only cost me $55.00 AT A MAZDA DEALER IN CHICAGO WILLIAMS ON THE SOUTH SIDE
    THANKS BUT I CHANGED BOTH CONTROL ARMS , BUSHINGS WERE BAD BUT THANKS FOR THE INFO. I`LL GIVE MY MURRAY GUYS SOME SH-T
  • mazda626atxmazda626atx Posts: 227
    I get a 159 MAF and a 181 (lean condition) or 118 (ECT). I was rushed when I got these codes and it was my first time. I will have to read them again when I get back to Greece and I hope to get better at recognizing them. I was curious if the surging to 2500 then dropping to 1500 might confirm something, because I am considering buying parts here before I go back and have an opportunity to retest. I cleaned the MAf and checked all the wiring and will either buy a new one or wait till I get there and have a shop check it out with the info I now have.
    Also I was wondering what sensor would become more sensitive by adding external tranny cooler as I mentioned in post #1642. ( The whole scoop on the car is in this post ) Its sorta tough cause I dont have a parts store there , so I have to sort of guess what I will buy here and take with me.
    Thx again PGP
    If we're going to get into codes, you should prepare your question exactly and then post it here,where it is more likely one of our visiting techs would see it.:

Technical Questions

thanks

Shifty the Host
  • temniktemnik Posts: 1
    Hi there, do you have solution for code # 113 ?
    There might be a few causes: I drove a couple of miles (about 20) with gas light on (according to the spec) and I changed air filter at the same day.
    Please, help:)
    Thank you in advance! :blush:

P.S.
    Diagnostic Trouble Code Description
    Trouble Code: P0113
    Vehicle Qualification: Mazda 626
    Description: Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
  • mhannermhanner Posts: 1
    What was the check engine code? It could be a sensor in the transmission- 626s are notorious for tranny problems if it's an automatic. Did you check the fuel filter?
    Also try cleaning the MAF sensor. Mike
    A 113 code is IAT like you said. Check that sensor , circuit all wires , fuses etc. There is a way of cking it using an ohmeter and a hair blowing gun , but unless you know what you are doing bring it to qualified tech. Also make sure air filter is seated properly cause the MAF is closely connected in Mazdas and in some models 93-97 V6 the IAT is part of the MAF. Also which engine 4 or V 6
  • does anyone know what might be wrong with my 95 mazda 626, i just had the cylinder head reconditioned and when im stopped at a light the car revs up by itself and i now have an oil leak that i didnt have at first. please help this is is breaking my pockets and the check engine light blinks off and on as well as the o/d light
  • pteezypteezy Posts: 3
    SO here's my dilemma.. i have a 94 mazda 626 4cyl 2.0 automatic.. tranny needs rebuilding.. has errors in 2nd and 4th gear... so those 2 gears slip.. ALOT!! and it has an overheating problem.. also just recently, after i drive maybe bout 15-20 miles, black smoke starts to come out from underneith the car.. , but its not overheating... i found tranny fluid on the ground so could it be leaking onto the manifold? also has an idling issue..NOW! I was made an offer to buy an RX-7 engine.. have it put in with tranny and all for $1000... AND i was made an offer on a 96 vtec civic for $2000... which should i go with?
    I have a 94 626 with a 4 cyl. and 125,000 on it. Recently I`m having trouble with 1 st gear. It`s almost like if the car is in neutral when I accelerate then the gear engages with a heavy jerk. After that, the rest of the gears seem to shift correctly.The 1 st gear will only engage at a higher rpm`s. What could be causing this . Need Help .
    In regards to the tranny how many miles on it. I had a 94 rebuilt with 45k on it and mechanic was honest enough to tell me nothing was really worn. As to tranny leak I just blew out the 2 transaxle seals at 53K ( after a downshift on mountainous road after 2 hours high speed driving 70-80-mph) and tranny fluid leaked onto exhaust pipe and smoked like crazy. How much fluid did you lose. Mazda trannys (CDE really Ford )are notorious for giving false disaster symptoms related to other sensors. After rebuild the tranny acted the same then mechanic told me to change $50 sensor and now its fine for last 4 years aside from seals going .
    Dont act too fast IMHO
    PGP
    Well Mr Shiftright . My Wife just drove the car 145 miles and used 4.96 gallons (18.80 liters )so mileage was 29.32 on the hwy . She told me car seemed weak on the long uphill climbs. Its pretty high there in mountains of Greece and thin air might contribute or maybe she shoulda put in in 2nd because tranny is, and she is also, reluctant to downshift.
    Any thoughts on power loss? MAF or O2 ? Aside from CEL off and on, and weakness, all else was fine
    Thx PGP
    Without codes it's like working in the dark.
    Mr Shiftright . I got a 159 (MAF) and a 181 (heated O2 sensor) as I mentioned in POST # 1668 before I left Greece. I was not sure I did it right but I have found out from other sites that in fact I did. If its a O2 sensor Mazda says they have 3 of them . I have heard they have one ? If there are 3 how do I figure out which one is bad.
    Can a bad MAF also create a bad OS reading. What if I do nothing? Car drives fine aside from long uphill climbs and Mileage was normal. Aside from CEL I wouldnt know anything was wrong
    Thx PGP
    Well the problem is that the code doesn't mean these items are bad, it only means that these items are unhappy for some reason, which could be caused by something else (nice, huh?) . Maybe will jump in to help you here, he's a working tech, I'm not.
    Who will jump in to help me ?? Well whomever he is I would love his help, before I go out spending a lot of money on guesswork . I have cleaned tha MAF with a computer sray can and looked at most of the wires. I am mechanical, but by no means a mechanic! Help :)
    PGP
    e-mail me and I'll send you his e-mail. I can't post it here because he'll get spam. Or, go to the Technical Questions Forum and look for his posts and click on his name and you'll get his e-mail. Maybe he can help you, I don't know.

good luck with it,

Shifty the Host
  • austin626austin626 Posts: 2
    Hello Mr. Shiftright, I have a delima with my 2000 626 4 cylinder standard 5-speed. It started to idle badly, and at acceleration especially in gears1&2 it misses bad and doesn't want to go if you give it gas, you have to let off a bit and ease back into it. the code was a #1 cylinder misfire. I changed the spark plugs, wires, coil pack, and used some feul injector cleaner and that fixed it for 2 weeks. Now it's back at it only worse. The check engine light came on again, but it only showed the same code again. Now even at highway speeds it misses and lopes. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Well I think you'll have to check to see if the injectors are getting pulses (noid light) and then swap out the fuel filters if the injectors seem okay. Might help. A cylinder can misfire for a lot of reasons.