Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 vs Audi A4 vs BMW 335i

1235»

Comments

• r34r34 Posts: 178
    I heard that new turbo doesn't require several mins to be cool off, as long as you drive the car at normal speed before you shut off the engine.

If you have twin turbo, it helps to build up the boost.

You get the torque much quicker with a turbo car. It is more fun in driving it too.

Make sure you use premium gas.
  • m4d_cowm4d_cow Posts: 1,491
    I heard that new turbo doesn't require several mins to be cool off, as long as you drive the car at normal speed before you shut off the engine.

Thats because at normal, presumably lower speed the turbo doesnt work. Remember that turbos dont kick in unless the engine reach certain rpm limit.
  • r34r34 Posts: 178
    Maybe it should be "the turbo will not be fully utilized before certain rpm".
    I saw the turbo needle of my Saab moved when the car started to move. Most of the torque came out around 2000rpm. I don't need to wait till 3000 or 4000 rpm. However the lag is much more obvious than the 335i.
    My co-worker who had a 300Z twin turbo told me he never noticed any turbo lag.
  • hauschildhauschild Posts: 62
    m4d_cow - thanks for the info about the point at which the turbo kicks in.

I am getting around 25 MPG city (all stop and go and roughly 30-45 speed limit for 8 miles to and from work) by not using the turbo. When I first got the car, I was getting around 21 - so I'm not sure if I can chalk that up to winter driving versus summer, or if my lighter foot is having an impact.

At any rate thanks.
1235»
This discussion has been closed.