Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Power Windows

Comments

• sarah1389sarah1389 Posts: 4
    You need to suck it up. I have had all 4 windows replaced in my 2006 Liberty. Just accept the fact that NO CORPORATION takes responsibility. As for American Auto makers not giving a damn about quality anymore I'm not sure if you have heard of them but there's this company TOYOTA that's been in the news and has had some major issues.
  • dlafoot1dlafoot1 Posts: 9
    Thank you for this blog. I now do not feel alone. I own a 2003 Jeep Liberty with 53,000+ miles. The window regulator issue - same window - rear driver's side - has happened to me twice before. Last year I finally contacted Chrysler and after a while - was reimbursed. Well lo and behold, while attending my nephew's graduation out of state this past Thursday, it happened again. Well fortunately I had a GPS to locate the closest Jeep service center who could lock it up overnight and repair it on Friday - to the tune of $415 !! Fortunately I found some posts out here from others with similar problems. I contacted Chrysler a few minutes ago, was given a case number and a promise of a return call by 8pm tomorrow night. So hopefully I will be reimbursed. However, this really does not fix the problem. At this point, I am tempted to post a note on my window to make sure that anyone in the back seat never even THINKS about lowering that window. So frustrating.
    Thank you for your info. See my experience below.
  • Im on my 8th repair. So crazy. Today the man said the next time I would have to pay a co/pay cause it would go on my extended warranty. I think that this should just be covered by chrystler cause they keep fixing it with a faulty part.Im calling them to see what they say. Im never ever going to buy a jeep again.
  • travlinsamtravlinsam Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    If it wasn't for a few minor items, I'd say this Jeep Liberty (2007 Sport) has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned and I enjoy it very much.

That being said, yes...windows...big problem. Fabric seats stain with water drops, but I've been able to clean them easily enough with a over-the-counter fabric cleaner. Oh...and the A/C is not the coldest...but other than that...I love my little Liberty.

As a fix to end the frustration, do a search online for a replacement kit. There is a guy online who builds metal replacement kits and has good instructions for you to do it yourself. Before you ask, I can't give out the website...sorry...I got told off for giving out the website before. Just do a little search/investigative work and you'll find it.

Even if you don't have the mechanical ability, this is an easy fix...have a friend do it or hire a local garage to take care of your problem window.

Sam
    So I contacted Chrysler and they are going to reimburse me 50% of the price of repair. Better than nothing. In the future - I am hoping this does not happen again, but to make sure, I may not even use that window at all - since it is the same one each time. Also if it does happen again - as noted by someone in a previous post, I will certainly be 'surfing the web' for a metal fix.
  • dcworlddcworld Posts: 3
    Had my Jeep windows fixed 3 times under warranty. Now i am out of warranty with 3 windows tied up and the 4th one about to go.

I called Chrysler on Friday and got my case number. They called back Monday and setup an appointment for Wed. so the dealer can diagnose the problem that we all know what it is. Dropped it off today and the delaer said they will fix all 4 windows at no charge. :)
  • amy103amy103 Posts: 3
    Just wondering, where/who did you call exactly to get some help with this problem....I just had my fourth window regulator replaced and of course not under warranty anymore. It was nearly $500 to replace! Did you just google Chrysler and get a main contact number?
  • dcworlddcworld Posts: 3
    Here is the number 1-800-992-1997. Just got my Jeep back yesterday with 4 new windows and regulators at no charge. Hope you have as good a luck as I did.
  • smurrowsmurrow Posts: 5
    What I'd like to know is what are they replacing it with--is it another cheapo plastic piece, just designed differently (so you have to replace the entire window also)? Or have they finally figured out they should make it out of metal?
    Thanks so much! I plan to call on Monday and hope I get some if not all of the money I spent on the window back.
  • sherri9sherri9 Posts: 3
    Just got the news that my driver's side passenger window regulator must be replaced. I got a tip from a friend that they also had a Liberty and had multiple problems with their window. This is the first time I have had an issue, but was surprised when the window just quit one day, because I almost never use the rear windows. In reading thru these posts I sure hope that I don't start having the recurring issues with my windows as some of you have had. Mine is a 2002 with 80k miles.

Can anyone tell me if they have had any luck getting reimbursed for their first-time problem? I am hoping this isn't the start of problems to come. I didn't know if I stood a chance at getting reimbursed when this is the first window regulator/motor I've had to have replaced. Also, can someone give me a number to call to contact them?
  • jdp2000jdp2000 Posts: 2
    I bought this vehicle from Clear Lake Dodge in Clear Lake Texas. It is a 2007 Liberty and has about 45,000 miles on it. I found this website before I purchased the vehicle and sent an email to the dealer with a link to this website. They stated that they never heard of this problem. I foolishly bought the vehicle and 5 days later the passenger side window fell and will not go back up. I bought a contract that will cover this though now I wish I never bought this !
  • gobucks14gobucks14 Posts: 1
    Hey guys! I have a 2002 Liberty and it looks like I have a different window situation than most. My driver's window still goes (and stays) up, but when I try to have it go down, the worm coil pops us from the seal inside and the window doesn't move. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance for all of your help!!
  • jdp2000jdp2000 Posts: 2
    I will give Clear Lake Dodge credit they fixed it and charged me nothing.
  • shannon31shannon31 Posts: 4
    I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty and I am on my fourth window to replace. I sent certified letters to Chrysler, Better Business Bureau and my Jeep Dealership explaining the situation. I am still waiting to hear back from Chrysler but wanted to get an update on your experience. This seems to be an ongoing issue with a product of Chryslers and they are responsible for fixing it...not just sticking a band aid over the problem. It seems like there are enough people with the same concerns to form a class action suit.
  • I just had my back rear window fall of track and luckily my boyfriend came across this thread. I immediately called my jeep dealership in San Jose, CA and asked what they can do for me. He said that Jeep is currently in the process of putting together a recall for 250,000 vehicles and they just haven't processed it yet because they are making sure that all the dealerships have the necessary parts to handle all the recalls (so they're in the process of ordering parts). As of right now Jason, the manager at Normandie Jeep in San Jose, CA told me that they will fix my window for $135 (instead of $500) and I should keep my paperwork. Once the jeep recall comes out, I should submit my paperwork and they will reimburse me for that cost. From what I gathered, Jeep will reimburse anyone who has their paperwork for the repairs for the windows and went through the Jeep dealership to get their cars fixed.

I hope that helps. But for sure all our Jeeps WILL be recalled in the next few months! :)
  • shannon31shannon31 Posts: 4
    I hear ya! Glad to hear about the future recall as my back right passenger window is being held up by duct tape. I refuse to pay to get it fixed. I'm also in the process of having Chrysler reimburse me for the past two times I've had to pay $350 (x2) to replace the regulator....that is, when Chrysler decides to call me back. Good luck!
  • Woo hoo Thank You! I am on my 3rd falling window, the first 2 were fixed under warranty, this one is held up by tape, I just can't afford it now!
    Please post when you get any further info, should I contact my dealer or wait, ya think?
    Thanx again, you made my day!
    Beachpatty
    :)
    I actually called a number I got from someone else on this forum and spoke to a customer service person, they directed my called to another section who called me back within a day or two, heard my complaint, checked with supervisors, called me back again BUT ultimately said they would reimburse the total amount I spent on the 4th window...I sent them the info they required and now I am waiting to hear back OR get a check....Here is the number 1-800-992-1997