Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caravan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019
2008 is a new generation for the Caravan. Please post your purchase experience here!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• maryh3maryh3 Posts: 263
    I did obtain a EC number, mostly because there is a Chrysler plant in the area and somebody always knows somebody who works for Chrysler. But prior to my discovering this program I did some negotiations for a T&C Limited.

I went to the Chrysler website and Built my Own. I chose a 08 Limited with the DVD/TV, NAV, and Swivel seating options. The MSRP for this was $40215 minus $1500 rebate = $38715.

I then chose Find my Vehicle. I found 3 in my area that had my exact options - with no extras, 2 were white, 1 silver. Color was not important to me.

I e-mailed all 3 requesting internet prices for the appropriate stock numbered vehicle. 2 of them wrote back telling me to "come in and talk". One wrote back with what I consider a reasonable deal. Bottom line price was $36110. That was approximately $2500 plus the $1500 rebate off the sticker. I felt this was a reasonable price with no hassle, no haggling. I think the brute force method of auto dealing sometimes can work. I'm sure some could get a better deal, but considering it was no work and totally non personal, it was not bad.
  • srt10srt10 Posts: 13
    What is an EC number? I am also interested in T&C Limited but the lease quote I got was $525 a month with $3500 down for a van with an MSRP of $41,225. This is way out of reach for me. I have 2 payments left on my 04 Durango Limited which I pay $362 a month. I would like to be close to that range. Will an EC number help me lower my price? My wife and I are excpecting our fourth child in mid December, and we need to upgrade to a minvan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Since Dodge is offering 0.00 APR on 08 Caravans, how does that translate to leasing? My understanding is that the money factor would be 0.00 and probably a pretty good lease deal. Does anyone know the residual value for the 08 caravan?

Thanks
  • tedebeartedebear Posts: 832
    What is an EC number?

It stands for Employee Choice. Chrysler employees can give away up to two EC numbers to non-relatives per calendar year. There is a $200 EC program fee, added by the dealer, for non-relatives.

The EC lets anyone purchase/lease most any Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle at the employee discount price. It's a huge savings over MSRP. Mine have been given out for 2007 and the two I'll have for next year are already spoken for.

Check out the thread below. Someone named rmbalisa says he/she can still get a few EC numbers for anyone interested.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef17c61/483

BTW, do you post over on the VCA forums? I noticed your S/N. If you had mentioned this a month ago over there you could have had one of my EC numbers.

If the above person can't help you out I can get you in on the Friends program at 1% below factory invoice. There is no program fee for it.
    Thanks for your help, I am new to this whole forums thing. I was just browsing, trying to find a reason as to why the van was so expensive to lease and I accidently stumbled on to this forum. I just posted my e-mail and I hope the other person gets back to me in regards to the EC number. My wifes date due has been pushed up to 12-18 so I am looking to buy the minivan this weekend. My e-mail adress is tk11702@msn.com, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to check out the VCA forums now. Thanks so much!!!
    Many people don't know it but every member here has an email box on the forums. If you want to avoid lots of spam avoid posting your email address in a message. The spam robots do nothing but cruise the Internet, looking for any "@xxx.com" addresses.

To send an email to anyone else here on the forums use this format:

membername@carspace.com

Looking forward to seeing you over on the VCA website forums. Lots of great enthusiasts there.
    Rmbalisa hasn't gotten back to me in a couple of days so I guess he's been busy lately. I checked out the VCA forums, a pretty wild crowd over there!!
    Did you end up getting the van? Are you happy with it and what did the final numbers look like?
  • HELP Momof 5 Needs EC#! I am buying a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited fully loaded with dual DVD/ Sirius TV/ Navigation / Swivel & Go Seating ...... Can you tell how excited I am! The 10 HOUR drive for Christmas looks so much better just knowing I will be driving this mobile family room / game room!

We will be making the purchase this weekend, next week at the latest. If anyone has any friends or co-workers who have an extra EC#, I would love it!!!! I absolutely PROMISE it will be used! Just think, 5 HAPPY KIDS rushing to the car in the car pool line or watching baseball practice from the tailgate seats is some of the best free advertisement Chrysler can get, and I will most certainly provide it!

email me at GOPMOM@carspace :shades:
  • Are EC numbers also useful in Canada and if so....does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks
  • Are EC numbers also useful in Canada and if so....does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks
  • I'd appreciate an EC or Friends number for 2007 if anyone has an extra.

Thanks!
  • Chrysler has been running an ad on cable tv, with zero per cent financing on all vehicles with no payments until summer, but the local dealers seem to know nothing about this, nor does the Chrysler web site show any of this. Does anyone know what is going on??
    A quick Google search didn't find anything about it and I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere else. Are you sure the ad wasn't from some old rerun TV show that also reran some old commercials? I've seen that happen before.
  • I haven't seen the ad either, but I did get some interesting news from my dealer yesterday. I had them give me a price quote on a T&C touring with the M package and a few other options. He returned my email and said that Chrysler is now offering a free dvd system upgrade if the van is ordered with the L package. That would leave me with the smaller wheels, manual control on the climate control, no trip computer and no remote start. But it will save me $2100 off the MSRP ($1900 off invoice) to give up those features. That's a darn good deal in my book.

Anyone else heard of this special from Chrysler?
  • tedebear, I've seen how helpful you are to people on here and I have to say it's great to have someone to accurately answer people's questions. I do however have a question that I haven't seen the answer to. If I get an EC or Friends number for 2007, can I use it to order a vehicle before the end of the year and pick the vehicle up in '08?

Thanks
    can I use it to order a vehicle before the end of the year and pick the vehicle up in '08?

Hmm...since I don't work in the sales end I couldn't officially say how that would work. I *think* you use a discount code when you pick up the vehicle, regardless of when you ordered it. In that case, a 2007 number would not be valid after 01/02/2008. Your local dealer could further explain how it works.

BTW, you didn't mention what other options you were interested in on the quote the dealer emailed you. However, on a 2008 T&C Touring with the M package (no other options) you'd save over $5,000 off the MSRP with an EC discount, depending on your region.

Here is an example of the savings if someone was purchasing a T&C in the St. Louis area:

MSRP: $33,605
    EC: $28,365
    Friends: $28,894

All prices include a $730 destination charge. The EC and Friends prices include a current $1,500 rebate (may vary by region). Add $200 to the EC price for a program fee added by the dealer.
  • WHAT IS AND HOW DO I GET TO THE VCA FORUM?
  • Can anyone estimate when Dodge will "up" their rebate from the current $1500? I know by last May the rebate was around $4500. I don't know about February or March though. I don't even know if May will have a simialr rebate as last year. Any insight would be much appreciated!
  • Is there a forum where there are other employees who have numbers to give to prospective buyers. I know Ford has one of these sites, but I can't find Dodge. thank you for your posts, they have been very helpful.
  • Tedebear, I've been reading tons of posts on these boards, and I was wondering if you could give me a price for the friends discount on a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravn SXT with the L package? My family is looking at leasing one, and we really want to be informed before we make such a big decision. I also posted earlier asking the question on how to find someone with a friends number. I wasn't sure if there was a meeting place or a special way for me to find them. All of your posts have been very helpful, thank you.
  • aaron_taaron_t Posts: 301
    The Friend's price for DGC SXT L package with no options is $2756. All rebates are still applicable. Looks like $500 bonus cash and ither $1500 rebate or $500/3.9% interest rate right now. So, about $5k off MSRP. I suspect some regions are offereing further dealer incentives/discounts.
    The Friend's price for DGC SXT L package with no options is $2756

Actually, that's the Friends DISCOUNT off the MSRP. I'd have to hire a secretary to manage my discount request email if that was the Friends PRICE. :D

Anyway, to anyone who is curious about the Friends price on any Dodge product, you can find the invoice on Edmunds. The Friends price is 1% below invoice. Rebates and other price incentives are subtracted from the Friends price for even greater savings. Rebates and various price incentives vary by region, so things like the $500 bonus cash might not be available in all areas.

To see what current incentives are available in your area go to:

www.dodge.com > Shopping Tools > Current Incentives

Go to www.chrysler.com or www.jeep.com to research incentives for other vehicles. The Friends discount can be used on almost all Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep products.

Here is a list of the vehicles that are currently not eligible:

Dodge Sprinter, Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2007 Chrysler Crossfire, and Dodge Challenger
    Is there a forum where there are other employees who have numbers to give to prospective buyers.

No, Chrysler doesn't have a forum like that but it would certainly be a great idea to add it. Maybe I'll try to find a customer service suggestion address and submit the idea.

Unless you know someone who knows someone, etc., who is a Chrysler employee your only option is to post requests on various Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep forums. There is also the Google search option. I noticed that the Edmunds forums pops up several times lately when searching for a discount - I wonder why? ;)
  • aaron_taaron_t Posts: 301
    Yes, that is the discount on a $29k MSRP vehicle with no negotiations. I'd love to have a 91% discount code!
  • yatesjoyatesjo Posts: 186
    I'd be very surprised if they offered any where near that rebate on the 2008 model. The 2007 was the last year of a very tired design that was far surpassed by what the competition had so they needed anything they could do to move them off the lot.

I'm actually a little surprised they are already offering the $1500 rebate on the 2008 since it is brand new, vastly improved and now competitive with the best offering out there- the Honda Odyssey. I can only guess it is because the minivan market as a whole is soft and they are trying to improve market share.
  • yatesjoyatesjo Posts: 186
    Anybody else notice that Edmunds pricing info is wrong or out of date? I was running numbers on the Dodge site side by side with Edmunds and noticed that Edmunds over prices the Entertainment group by $675 and that the Infotainment (RER) is listed first as 1495 and then multiple times as 1300 (per Dodge the correct is $1300).

Something to watch out for when trying to figure out how good a deal your getting.
  • I just did a lease for an 08 SXT, loaded with everything but swivel n go and pwer rear seats.

$$3100 down, $395 per month, 15 K per year and 36 month
  • mmakolmmakol Posts: 12
    rmbalisa,
    I hope you read this before responding to my carspace friends request.

I received a friebds discount from another carspace member this morning.

Thank you for all your help, and thsi allows you to be "in a giving mood" for one one more day.... :D

This board is excellent. I will post my deal, and vehicle llater this evening, or tomorrow.

Thanks again, and HAPPY TUESDAY.... :shades: