Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caravan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sadim91sadim91 Posts: 4
    Hi! I'm still deciding between the T&C and the Grand Caravan. So far all the T&C dealers are not budging and stayin at about 200 below invoice. I got this quote from a Dodge dealership from the southwest suburbs of chicago.

2008 Grand Caravan
    Options
    Customer Preferred Package 25L $ 2,080
    Heated Front Seats
    Heated 2nd-Row Seats
    Premium Sliding Floor Console with Cupholders
    MyGIG(R) Multimedia System
    Hard Disc Drive
    ParkView(R) Rear Back-up Camera
    Ambient Light Group
    Removable/Rechargeable Flash Light
    Power Liftgate
    Black Side Rails and Crossbars

MSRP: $29,990

INTERNET SALE PRICE: $24,474

Does this sound like a good deal? It has been the best so far. :shades: :)
  • tedebeartedebear Posts: 832
    That beats the Friends discount price by several hundred dollars, so it looks like a pretty good deal.

The Friends price, including a $2,500 rebate, is $24,694 for a 2008 GC SXT with the 25L package. Everything you listed above comes standard with the 25L.
  • I have some questions. We have a 2005 Tahoe and are considering buying the T & C van. I love my Tahoe but hate the gas mileage and it's hard to get 3 kids in and out. Any others switched from Tahoe/Yukon to minivans?

What do you have to do in order to get the $1000 owner loyalty cash? We also have a 03 Dodge Ram so can we qualify?

Any other rebates besides that and the $2500 for those of us in Texas?

Lastly, we do want the DVD system but not really into the 2 DVD systems. Is it cheaper to get the dual system and then get the rebate for the free system or just get the single DVD with no rebates on it?

Thanks in advance!
  • danaclingdanacling Posts: 9
    tedebear,
    Can you tell me what the friend's price for a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT with 25L package, Swivel Seating, Leather Interior Group, and DVD/ Backseat Entertainment system would be? I'm about ready to purchase, thank you.
    I came up with the following.

MSRP: $32,845
    Friends Discount: $3,163
    Rebate: $2,500

Net Price: $27,182
  • danaclingdanacling Posts: 9
    Thank you tedebear! I really appreciate your help!
  • scoutllscoutll Posts: 40
    For the loyalty cash, all we had to do was show the registration on our other Dodge to get it. The dealer here said they accept any other Chrysler vehicle (Jeep, Eagle, Dodge, Chrysler ect), plus, here they said they will even accept a pre Chrysler AMC or Jeep due to the fact Chrysler bought AMC in 1988. That may be up to individual dealers discretion though, I'm not sure.

The rebates and consumer cash are regional, you could check on the Chrysler Web Page for local deals.

On the DVD's, it's my understanding you can only get the single DVD on the SE or LX. The only choice for the SXT, Touring or Limited is the duals.

You could always get the van with mygig installed (but no DVD's), then have the dealer install the single DVD system for you. That would probably run over a thousand dollars with labor though.
    You could always get the van with mygig installed (but no DVD's), then have the dealer install the single DVD system for you.

A MyGIG comes with a single DVD player already in it.
    Only for the front seat, when parked. Not viewable from the rear seats, or while driving. To get a rear VES or the second DVD player you have to get one of the entertainment package options, or a dealer installed rear VES.
    Not viewable from the rear or while driving.

There are aftermarket products that get around that. The MyGIG in my Sebring will play a DVD movie whether it is moving or parked.
    "There are aftermarket products that get around that. The MyGIG in my Sebring will play a DVD movie whether it is moving or parked."

Agreed, but I think michelle was asking about the merits and choices of one vs two screens in the back seats of a mini van, not whether they could view from the front seat while while moving.

That aside, my wife often wishes she could watch the front screen while we are moving :) . Not enough to put out the 300 dollars for a lockpick though :( .
    That aside, my wife often wishes she could watch the front screen while we are moving

Have you tried yours to see if you're one of the lucky ones with a MyGIG that has this from the factory? ;)

MyGIG Video in Motion

YouTube Video of It
    We tried it before and it didn't work. I think I read somewhere that it works on some of the canadian REN units (and maybe a few US ones), but mostly on the european and austrailian REZ (?) units I think.
  • csbct22csbct22 Posts: 1
    I just started looking on this forum. Right now we have an offer of 23918 +TTL for a 08 GC SXT w/ 25L, Swivel, Dual DVD and Sirus backseat for a year. MSRP is 32515. The price quoted includes a 2500 trade in, a 2500 cash rebate and 750 minivan loyalty. Do you know what Employee Discount or F & F would fetch for that? I am also worried about what is going to happen with the cash discount on Monday. Is the 2500 good until midnight on Monday the 2nd. The was the market is I really don't foresee them taking away the rebate. I hope is sticks or maybe goes up. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    The best I could come up with, according to your configuration, is an MSRP of $32,010. That does not include the swivel seats. I did not see those as an option. Maybe they've stopped offering them on new builds.

Anyway, based on the above here's what I found:

MSRP: $32,010
    Employee Price Discount: $3,550
    Net Price: $25,960

MSRP: $32,010
    Friends Discount: $3,055
    Net Price: $26,455
  • kdjk5467kdjk5467 Posts: 8
    If the incentives "end 6/2", does that mean 11:59pm 6/2 or that I can not get the deal on 6/2?
    You might verify this with the local dealer but I'm pretty sure it means at the end of the day on 06/02; at least that's how I would interpret it.
    First, Thanks tedebear. That's what I figured re: end date.

Now,
    I was quoted $23,011 for a
    Grand Caravan SXT with
    power liftgate and
    Black Side rails and crossbars (aka roof rack)

This seems like a good deal to me. The MSRP is $28,560 ($26,060 after current $2,500 rebate). I'm thinking of going in Monday to get it.
    That's a better price than you'd get with the Friends discount - sounds pretty decent to me.

Here's what my research utility came up with:

MSRP: $28,560
    Friends Discount: $2,611

Net Price: $23,449
    If I give my dodge dealer my credit card info to hold a car until we finalize a deal, what is the law regarding refunds? I was given a price on a specific car and was asked to give a $100 deposit to "hold the price" with no payment contract agreed to yet. This is in Illinois if that matters. I have not even been to this dealer in person yet.

The deal is a pretty good one (above) but I can not get in the store for another day.
    Are deposits refundable if there is no contract?

A question like that might be better asked on one of the other forums.

Stories from the Sales Frontlines is a very active forum where many car sales people and sales managers hang out.
  • snoopy71snoopy71 Posts: 32
    I see that the cash back allowance of $2500 on Dodge/Chrysler GC/T&C ended yesterday and there isn't a new amount today ... it's back to $0 off. Hopefully they will have another cash back allowance in July.

I did get a booket in the mail yesterday from Dodge that has a coupon in it for $750 off a GC or T&C, that is good thru 7/31. Anybody else get that?
  • eriley99eriley99 Posts: 5
    I got that booklet,too. I need to dig it out and read the fine print bcs I thought it was only good on the GC. As far as June discounts go, they may be out later in the day (last month, I tried calling early in the day after the old ones expired and was told they were updating their systems. If not today, closer to the weekend. I did read the $2.99 gas option was extended into July. Of course I'd rather have the cash!
    It only has pics of the GC in it, but the first sentence in the fine print says its good for a 2008 GC or T&C.
  • Who gets the booklet from Dodge? Is it people who previously bought vehicles or something else.

thanks
    Don't really know ... It was addressed to my wife and she has never owned a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep.
  • jpappasjpappas Posts: 16
    Dealer told me about this $750 coupon. Apparently they randomly sent it to women around the country that met some demographic. I guess the dealer also has the ability to extend the coupon to anyone meeting that demographic. Hope to have more details soon. I will post when I find them out.
  • Just picked up a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red with no extra options.

Sticker $27955
    -2500 Rebate
    -750 Coupon from chrysler
    -2495 Dealer Discount
    Total = $22210
  • shamcyshamcy Posts: 23
    I keep seeing you guys say 25L package, what is what ? What comes with the 25L package ? Thanks in advance.
    You can read more about each of the packages at the Dodge Build My Own tab. Select the Grand Caravan from the drop-down list and you'll see the "SE Value", "SE" or "SXT".

Depending on which one of those you select there will be different package options (F-N) at the bottom. You can click on "Details" to the right of each one for more information. The SXT has the L package.