Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Seats

13»

Comments

• 20vcq20vcq Posts: 82
    Maybe a specific to California as must be the CVT 2.4 as I can find no reference to that model here either - but it would definitely be a nice improvment ot have the fold flat second row as I can't get my skis in the back and have to buy the rack and load my box on the roof again .
  • The 2nd row does NOT fold flat, it tumbles forward into the foot-well area. It does this in a 60/40 split. You should be able to fit skis when one part of the 2nd row is folded forward.
    The 2.4l w/ CVT is available as of the 2008 model year.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2007111569722&mime=ASC
  • batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    What is the maximum weight that the outlander can support on the roof (e.g. roof box)? I expect to visit “death horse” in Alaska and I would like to know this weight. They said that the outlander roof has been made from aluminum.
    This is a review by Edmunds in the 2008 Outlander:

To complement last year's standard V6 engine, a new four-cylinder engine debuts for the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander. It's offered on the base ES trim level only and comes standard with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Other changes include the discontinuation of the sliding second-row rear seat feature on ES and LS trims (it's still on the XLS).

Could someone elaborate further in the understanding of “Other changes include the discontinuation of the sliding second-row rear seat feature on ES and LS trims”? Will this mean that the second-row rear seats will fold flat into the vehicle floor or something else?
    I may be the only person on the planet that doesn't want the extra weight in the [non-permissible content removed] end of the vehicle. Has anyone removed theirs? I can'[t see any down side on a quick viewing other than having to buy the cover and filler from the dealer.
    Somebody in this Outlander forum has removed the second row seats, perhaps he could help you how to remove the third row seat.

You may also DIY by ordering the workshop manual for the 2007 Outlander CD-ROM at a price of $180. Order on line www.helminc.com
  • Hello,

According to the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander brochure, the first row seats are supposedly able to fold flat. Now, I was able to fold flat/tumble the 2nd row seats and all I can figure out with 1st row is how to recline it. 2nd row seats have straps that when you pull, the seats fold/tumble. How do you fold flat the 1st row? Is it even possible or is this a print mistake in the brochure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This would make Outlander even more useful as it would allow me to transport very long items.
  • solowalkersolowalker Posts: 118
    I have the 2007 XLS and it would be great if the front passenger seat did fold flat.....I doubt that the 2008 seat is any different from the 2007.
  • Just to add to my question is an article that also clearly states that the 1st row passenger side seat folds flat (forward):

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Overview-t32328-2008-Outlander-ES.html

So again, maybe people don't know the difference between fold flat seats and reclining a seat or maybe it's some another omitted from US market feature or maybe it's not that easy to fold it flat and actually requires some effort???
    That's funny - if he needs to fold the front seat forward for skis then he is not only in error in the wording but living far in the past with his skis :) :)
  • scottsdcascottsdca Posts: 1
    Does someone have specific instructions for taking out the second row seats in order to have a better camping experience in the vehicle? The rear just isn't long enough with the seats folded up. I have searched this thread and haven't seen the question addressed. Thank you.
13»