Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook Transmission Problems

Comments

• Get rid of it ASAP! Outlook is junk! Ours stays in the shop! I will never buy another GM product!
  • Hello bgin2love1,

We're sorry that you have had such a negative experience with your Outlook. If we can look into this further for you, please email us the following information at socialmediagm.com: your name and Edmunds username, your phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Amen we have a 2007 and the transmission recently broke. Got it fixed by AAMCO. Now GM turned down my claim because I didnt go to the dealer. It had 87000 miles so within the mileage requirement. It was two months beyond the 5 yrs. I agree with you and say dont buy GM they dont stand behind their products.
  • Our 2007 Outlook transmisson broke this last July. It had 87000 miles on it and it was two months beyond the 5 yr requirement too. I didnt take it to the dealer because it was out of warranty. As an afterthought I filed a claim with GM for the cost. The turned it down because I didnt go to a dealer. I even offered to have them only pay half. They couldnt even do that. They sure dont stand behind their products. We bought a new car recently and you can bet it wasnt a GM. They said that they are not aware that the transmisson is a problem with this model. I said how could they not know. They just dont have to do anything since they got out money already. I am out of luck on the cost. I will be sure to tell everyone I know about the bad customer service GM provides.
  • I purchased my 07 outlook pre owned in nov of 2010 with 75250 miles on it loved the room loved the smooth ride but had a clunking noise when i got home i brought it back they say the steering gear is bad and needs to be replaced since i had just purchased it i said well who is paying for that service manager says you need to talk to your salemanan which turned into me getting the run around. After finally getting the gear replaced under warranty the noise is still there so me being a car guy and being the field for 10 yrs now i kept saying to the service manager sure sounds like a banging strut top or a sway bar link he kept saying tech said they were fine get in the shop i work for had a bad sway bar link i fixed that replaced them with some moog sway bar links as the ones from factory are not greasable than evrything seemed fine than the check engine light came on po446 replaced gas cap reset code came right back a week later accompanied with reduced engine power service traction control service stabilitrac take it back i have a broken wire to the throttle body they replaced the harness and the throttle body assembly than it seemed fine but light came back p0446 again so i called them they said bring it back but i just was sick and tired of spending my days off at the dealer so i just drove with the light about a yr later i was on my way to work when the check engine light start flashing and the engine made this horrible noise got it to a gm dealer by my house this time since the dealer i purchased it from was an hr away and i obviously couldnt drive it and didnt wanna pay for the huge tow bill so i take it to COLEMAN BUICK CADILLAC GMC LAWRENCEVILLE NJ they had it for an hr i get a call and the dealer is asking me when i replaced the motor and im like i never replaced it so the servce writer says my warranty is void the engine was replaced and id have to consult my dealer PINEBELT CHEVY EATONTOWN NJ so I called them explaining my dilemma first the service manager didnt wanna talk to me than the sales manager didnt wanna talk to me so finally i called gm customer care they were helpfull with in a couple of hrs they sent a tow truck up and towed my truck to there dealer found out that it jumped time on cylinder 3 and bent a valve they said they were gonna replace it with a remanufactured gm 3.6 ly7 so id get some warranty again i got back like 6 months ago now the trans has a shutter on the highway at 65 plus and sometimes at lower speeds i take it to PINEBELT CHEVY EATONTOWN he tells me to have a seat and that they will road test it within minutes he comes back and says that i have a trans problem but he didnt have time to diagnose it that day cause it was the friday before labor day so i brought it back that wednesday and he says that the dealership is closing and that he will do all he can do with the diagnosis but if the transmission has to come out i will have to take it to another dealership so he road tested it dropped the pan inspected the fluid found no issues he wrote as follows road test vehicle on light accel can feel issue check fluid no metal no codes in system vibrates all gears call tac (whatever that is) check ratios shift point match spec check slip speed less then rpm call tac nack calibrations all correct. perform dissasemble check 3-5 wave plate and valve body if ok replace tcm case# 71-1104585338 due to shop closing not able to remove and disassemble . advised customer to take to another dealer. so i take it to COLEMAN BUICK CADILLAC GMC and they have it for a week but nothing is wrong with it since they road tested it and found no shutter but never disassembled like the first dealer said so the internals could be inspected while picking up my keys notice the service advisor filling out the vehicle mutil point inspection sheet i thought techs do that maybe my service advisor does evrything but upon entering the on ramp to the highway its starts shuttering away and is adamn dog i have to like floor it evrywhere just funny and now im stuck with this pos DONT BUY GM i cant even trade this damn vehicle in cause i owe to much so im stuck
  • I located your Customer Assistance Case, aj2009p, and have notified your agent of your post.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I also have a 2007 Saturn Outlook. Last week the RPM's started reving up at different speeds and then a few days ago it started slipping real bad but then would drive fine. Took it to the dealer and they said they put all updates in it and its still not working. Now I have to take it 2 hours away to a Certified Saturn dealer so they can look at it. Also, the 5 year powertrain warranty ran out in june, perfect timing. Not happy at all.
  • Good morning eeej123,
    We're sorry that the updates done by the first dealer did not resolve the transmission concerns you're having with your Outlook. If you would like for us to look into this further with you and your dealership(s), please send us an email with more information at socialmedia@gm.co (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealerships).
  • Hello-
    I am having transmission issues as well. I took my car back to the dealer I bought it from which is now owned by Acura cause I trust them more than the GM dealer next door. I took my car in for transmission to GM in July and they supposedly did a diagnostic and only found a gasket leak...of course out of warranty by 4 mo. Then Monday I start feeling the transmission slip so I take it back to where I bought it and they can't get any codes off it so they refer me back to GM dealer I don't trust in case its a software issue. So then I leave and plan to return the next day to get robbed of another diagnostic fee from the GM dealer and the I break down in the middle of an intersection! So I have it towed back to where I bought it cause the transmission won't move or go into gear. Of course its out of warranty now as of March and has only 83,000 miles.....I can't believe these cars transmissions don't last for what you pay for them I have a year left to pay on this thing and now I'm dumping money into before it's even paid off. I am so disappointed in this product and the fact that obviously GM knows they have these issues with these transmissions yet they let the consumer pay out their pockets for a faulty transmission. I won't be buying GM again and that's all I've ever owned. They should back their products!!! It's out of warranty so what is the point taking it to a GM dealer especially if they are just gonna charge you for something that wasn't gonna last to begin with!
  • Good morning chico53969,
    We're sorry that you've encountered these transmission concerns with your Outlook this year; did you have the gasket work performed in July? Are you planning on working with your dealership or are you seeking alternative solutions at this time for your current transmission concerns? If you want for us to look into this further, please email us more details at socialmedia@gm.com, including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

• Good luck with your problem Chico 53969.GM doesnt back anything out of warranty. I had a Saturn Outlook 07 that had the transmission replaced at 87000 miles and two months out of the 5 yr warranty. They were not interested in doing anything for me Eventhough it's a known problem
  • Sarah I am having the same problem with my 09 Outlook, I have had it in for service 4 times now and it still is having this problem. Last year when we had the issue and the dealership didn't seem to be able to fix it GM stepped in and it finally was taken care of but here we are one year later and we are experiencing the same problem. The dealership found a service bulletin and fixed that issue but within 1 week the issue was back. I took the car in they hooked up the computer but it would not throw a code but you could feel the chugging/slipping/hesitation.
    Can GM step in again and set up a case so that this issue can be resolved? I am on the edge of just getting rid of this vehicle since this issue cannot be resolved once and for all.
    Thank you. :(
  • Good morning timkandy,

We'd be happy to set up a Service Request for you to check into what's been going on with your Outlook; please email us more details at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and approximate mileage, and the name of your dealership).

• Thanks Sarah. The Dealer called yesterday they had a round table discussion with their mechanics and finally called in one of their diesel mechanics and now believes it to be the "intake coil" . They will be replacing it to the tune of over $400.00. On 3/23/2011 they believed it to be the "ignition coil" and replaced that to the tune of $357.00. I am worried about what it will be next. After reading other complaints of this same problem I have to agree with the other folks on this site that this is a systematic problem and should be covered by GM. :cry:
  • Thank you for the update, timkandy. We appreciate your patience in giving us a chance to continue looking into this for you and look forward to hearing from you via email (again, that's socialmedia@gm.com).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi Sarah, I sent am email to you on the morning of the 22nd. I will send further updates there.
    Thank you.
  • I Just had my transmission rebuilt on9/21-24, I picked it up on the 24th. they said a clip in the transmission had broke. I have the half of the clip that broke. I have a Saturn Outlook 07 with 61000 miles. I paid $3000.00 to have it rebuilt. Now i don't know if I should keep it or
    get rid of it. I'm going to call GM & complain.

• Gmcustplatt73

We have a 07 Saturn Outlook that had the transmission replaced in July 2012, it had 87000 and was two months past warranty . We complained to GM about it and of course they did nothing. I wish you the best of luck with your case .
  • Good morning gmcustplatt73,

I hope you were able to get a Service Request started up when you contact us! If you haven't done so and would prefer to get one started electronically so we can contact your dealership, please send and email to us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

• dompdomp Posts: 24
    Might want to compile a list of the problems the '07ish outlook/traverse/enclave/acadias have (headlight wiring harness, water pump, transmission, sunroof leaks, etc). If you haven't already had the issue, are that you will. I'm at 90k miles and have had just about every issue I've read about on this forum, other message boards, and the nhtsa except the transmisssion rebuild/waveplate issue and power steering failure issue.

If you have a sunroof, and haven't had the clogged drain tube water leak onto your fuse box or power steering failure issue, might want to consider getting rid of it before those happen - those are pretty expensive and I'm pretty sure neither of those are covered by recalls.