Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura MDX Sport vs Tech. Opinions on Handling

2»

Comments

• zx11zx11 Posts: 6
    I am looking to buy a Sport/Ent. Went to a dealership this weekend to take one for a test drive and the salesman tried to steer me toward a Tech/Ent. He said they are having problems with the Sport models having a very harsh ride in the winter time (for the first 10 or 15 minutes of driving) and it was something Acura is looking to fix. I have not seen this problem mentioned on this or other forums. He only had one Sport in stock so he was probably BSing me but wanted to verify. Anyone with a Sport having this issue?
  • buyusedbuyused Posts: 11
    I haven't had any problems. Every car I have ever driven has driven a bit harsher in cold temperatures, but nothing special worth mentioning in the 08 Sport MDX.
  • valueguyvalueguy Posts: 208
    2008 Acura MDX with Sport plus Ent- 25,000 miles.

HUGE difference in Comfort vs. Sport mode. After driving the car 25,000 miles in the regular "sport" mode I switched to "comfort" setting. The MDX went from BMW to Buick mode. Nothing wrong with a Buick but I much prefer BMW mode.

Heck, even in sport mode my MDX is "soft" compared to my friend's 2009 X5.
    Now that is a real SPORT/ROUGH/FIRM ride. The MDX is very moderate in comparison and a real daily driver. If you want handling and a tight suspension then go SPORT. I would NOT skip this option now. No way.
  • From what I understand, there is a huge difference between sport/comfort mode. But where would a non-adjustable tech (or base) model compare. I would think it was firmer than comfort mode but softer than sport mode?

I have a tech and like the ride. It's firm but not harsh. Handles bumps much better than my BMW 330. I do wish the rear suspension were a bit quieter, but on the whole I'm happy with the ride.
  • I have the sport/ent. package on my 08 MDX. Comfort mode is softer than sport mode. Its kind of bouncy on rough roads if your going a little fast. Sport mode firms it up a little but to me it is no where close to the firmest of a true sports car. In fact, the MDX with the regular suspension is a lot more firm (i've driven the loaner when servicing my MDX).
2»
This discussion has been closed.