Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX Tires and Wheels

Comments

• Funny you bring this up....I am probably 10-15K miles from needing new but these Goodyears are crap...one pulls hard when on the front. What size Alenzas did you get...I am thinking one wider and taller...did you talk to the dealer about over-sizing? Would like to improve cornering and stability on this car....Thx for the tip! B
  • cwaynecwayne Posts: 78
    I purchased tires from bridgestone/firestone dealer. 235/18/55, the same as
    tire that came on new RX. I mayby could have had another 2-3 thousand miles on
    goodyear but new bridgestone are 65M tires and I do not plan on keeping RX that long. I payed $825.00 out the door and could have saved a few $ if I had purchased
    from tirerack and had local installer. The tire is quieter and corners much better.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    Shooter, just wanted to let you know that I saw an RX330 a few years ago that had 255/55/18 tires on it and I thought it looked pretty good. Not too drastic, but definitely better looking than the 235/55's. I may check out this size tire soon as I have almost 35,000 miles on my '07 RX350 and probably will need to change them out in another 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Good Luck!
  • hawk314ahawk314a Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 RX300 with over 100k miles and just bought 4 new Yokohamas. I had I think the original Bridgestones (30k) on there and well over the useful life. I read on a different forum that people were recommending the Yokohamas, Bridgestones and Michelins. When I went to NTB they recommended the Yokohamas...supposedly softer tire, well I don't like them, they are noisy and not as soft and about to return them. My car also feels like it has a drag to it and no get up and go like the Bridgestones. I'm taking the Yokos back and going with new Bridgestones, the ride is smoother and quieter.
  • joewvujoewvu Posts: 2
    hi all, I'm getting ready to replace my p235/55r18 'v' rated tires on my rx350 and saw these tires as a viable replacement to the original michelins that got me 38,000 miles. Has anybody tried the toyo's (versado)? They seem to be after the lexus,bmw,etc market and on paper they look pretty good. Any insight greatly appreciated as I'm getting ready to buy very soon. thx
  • JUst got some Bridgestone Alenza tires with 65k mile warranty and road side for $700+ in CA. It inc. rotation and flat repairs.
    at a Firestone/bridgestone tire dealer.
    would not buy Michelins again, they do not give any mile warranty and only lasted 27k on the '07 RX.
  • hsrxhsrx Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I have Yoko's on my 06 RX330. I am about 7,000 miles short of 50K on them and they are like slicks (remind me of the M50's we had the on drag car). I was wondering if anyone know what the yokos are rated for? 50K, 35K, ?? I'd like to get pirelli's next, but I'm reading somegood stuff about the Bridgestones. I do more off road driving than most, definitely not all paved city roads. Definitely some pastures and many many dirt roads. I liked the agressive treads (in the beginning) on the yoko's but now theres nothing left.
  • manmanmanman Posts: 3
    I need some advice. I am in the market to buy new set of tires for my 2006 RX330. It has a full spare with matching rim and has never been used. Should I put that into service when I buy new tires? I was thinking of installing the spare as one of the 4 wheels and keep one of the worn tires with most tread as spare. That saves about $300 and gets use out of a perfectly good tire.
    Is this a good idea?
  • reply to man man:

You may find it difficult to match the spare tire in the RX. I would get 4 new tires that match and are the same age and keep the spare as a spare for emergency type usage. Tires over 6 years old are a risk according to the latest tire safety messages.
    I got Bridgestones with a 60K mile warranty and am really happy with them. Check your local Costco and Firestone dealers for pricing levels.
    Joe
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "..off road driving...agressive treads....43K miles...."

What's to complain about...??

Unless those are often slick/wet sometimes inclined dirt roads I would go with a nice and quiet and comfortably riding SUMMER ONLY tire.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "...6 years old are a risk..."

Not if shielded from sunlight UV rays for all of that 6 years.

I ALWAYS rotate the spare into use at the first tire purchase.
  • Don't use the spare as an everyday tire - for a spare if you must, but only for a very limited time. At six years old it is a real danger and risking your safety is not worth the savings. The tire is a risk for the same reason that no one should buy new tires that have been on the rack for a couple of years - they have deteriorated internally. There is a great deal of information out there on the risks of buying "old" tires sold as new that have a high failure rate. The tires have a date code so you can check their age. Disregard the poster who says your spare tire is safe because it was shielded from UV rays - most of his postings are erroneous or outright dangerous.
  • mhickeymhickey Posts: 3
    I'm ready to replace my original Michelin ( 18" MX4 with 49k miles), and my tire shop is suggesting Toyo Versato at $179 ( vs $225 for the OE Michelins).
    Any thoughts ???
    Thanks.
  • Hi, I replaced our Michelins with Bridgestone "Duelers". Michelin does not offer a road hazard feature at all - Bridgestone also warranties the tires for 65K miles, unlike Michelins.
    They are worth taking a look at their tires. I am very satisfied with them- had them for 1 year- maybe 10K miles.
    Costco also has some great deals on tires for the Lexus RX-350

cheers, Joe
  • Joe - I am leaning towards the Bridgestones after getting only 25K from the MIchelin S8 (OEM and then I bought a 2nd set). Can you tell me if the ride is as good and did you get the V rated version?
  • Hi, Got the Dueler Alenza HL (Low rolling resistance). 5 yr/65,000 mi. About 1050 with alignment here. Quiet, handles well. Got 23.5 mpg doing 80-83 to LA,,,sure I would do better if Route 5 were not so boring....
  • I also got the Bridgestone Alenzas and the ride is as good as the Michelins with a 65k mile warranty...I found out that the mileage warranty is given by the dealers and not the manufacturers. Michelin does not have factory tire dealers just authorized sellers, therefore no warranty is given by the mfr.
    I also got the road hazard package, and I just used when a tire was punctured on the side wall. It was replaced for only $29. with 5k miles on it.

Joe
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 785
    ".....I found out that the mileage warranty is given by the dealers and not the manufacturers. ......... therefore no warranty is given by the mfr....... Joe"

Joe,

I don't think that is right. Michelin lists mileage warranties on their web site!
  • tx97tx97 Posts: 2
    We are looking at a 2011 RX 350 FWD. It comes with 19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tires - for addititonal cost of 660$.
    To lower cost, I am thinking about removing this option and get the standard 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels.

Is this a good idea?
    Are the 19" wheels worth the money?
    Do they make the ride significantly better?

Thanks
  • I would suggest looking at the replacement cost for the 19" tires b4 getting them. I recently rented a Ford Flex w/19" tires on a long term rental and one tire needed replacement...It was difficult and expensive to replace the tire. Is not a size that is commonly used and not readily available.
    I don't think the 1" tire difference would be noticeable in the over all ride, they may look bigger and better on the RX but not a significant improvement on the ride, specially if the replacement cost is prohibitive.
    Hope this helps,
    Joe