Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sedona Squeaks, Rattles and other Noises

Comments

• Joan, I have this same problem with my 2003 Sedona. I was told it is an electrical problem and that the ABS was actually working find. However, the dinging is enough to drive you bonkers. My Kia has over 60,000 and I bought mine used as well, so I have no warranty. Let me know what you find out!
  • I am going to try that lubricant idea. They have tried foam padding and ordering another hatch on the vehicle, but the squeaking is still there. Im told its probably a spot weld issue.
    I really like the van otherwise. Great engine, comfortable etc.

Thanks
  • hey, I still having the same issue, I have 55,000 now on my kia. I contacted lawyer and going through a pre lawsuit since Jan. We are waiting for Kia to apply. I just want the noise to be disconnected at this time it is driving me nuts. The dealerships don't have a clue why this is happening, I brought it to 3 different kia dealerships around 13 times with warranty and still they can't fix the problem. If you can I would try to disconnect the noise yourself. I will let you know what happens with my car.
  • jimmyy43jimmyy43 Posts: 8
    I have a 2006 Sedona with 24000 miles on it. Don't know if this noise has always been there or if I am just noticing it after riding in a friends Odessey. My van seems to emit a lot of road noise when compared to the Honda. Our van came with Michlien Energy LX4 tires and the reviews on that tire, at Tire Rack, complain about it being noisy. Anyone having the same problem and have any idea if it is in fact the tires or the van? Also any suggestions on a better tire that might be more quiet? Other than that..no problems so far.
  • vince17vince17 Posts: 19
    Got an 03 sedona and I notice your posting is december (cold weather time of year) My 03 rear door squeaks but I think the rear rubber door stoppers are cold and hard thus shrinking away from any door contact.This inturn provides no opposing internal force on the rear door leaving it a bit loose. When the weather warms see if the rubber stoppers provide enough cushion after they expand a bit.I like a quite ride myself ,hope mine stops squeaking in the spring.
  • Hi Jimmy,

I have noticed a big difference in road noise when buying new tires for our 3 different min vans over the years.

My 2004 Kia Sedona has Kumho Tires, and they very low on road noise compared to some other tires I have had.

I replaced 1 along with sub-in of the original equip spare (full Kumho) - to get two new tires on the front of my van (at 60,000km)- They are actually pretty expensive, but I am happy with them.

The rears are still like new and so now I will rotate regularly.

Hope this helps
    Chris
  • ebizguyebizguy Posts: 1
    I have the exact same problem on my 06 did you solve the problem ?

GUy
  • jimmyy43jimmyy43 Posts: 8
    Thanks Chris
    I'll go to the Tire Rack web site and review the Kumo. Hope they have a 235/60/R17
  • Are you a Kia Cust Serv Rep assigned to damage control??
  • mluhringmluhring Posts: 5
    I have the awful squeeking in the back of my '06 Sedona as well. When you say lock latch are you referring to the latch that locks the seat to the floor or the latch on the rear hatch door? For me the squeeking is worse when the seats are folded into the floor.

I have not found time to ride in the back while someone drives yet.
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    No, I am referring to the lock that locks the rear gate closed, the rear door. Spray WD 40 or silicon lubricant (better) spray located in the lock mechanism on the rear door. Use the little red tube that comes with the bottle to direct the spray of the lubricant inside the lock mechanism. Spray on both sides of the curved metal locking piece. Again it is the lock on the rear gate / door whatever you want to call it. I spray once a month and no more rattle. You can also use the lubricant to lube all the hinges and rollers / track on the sliding doors as well as as the four windows that go up / down. Lube the rubber where it meets the glass. Use the silicon for this not WD 40. This lessons the stress on the window motors to move the glass extending the life of the window motor as well as providing faster operation. Does not hurt to lube the seat hinges as well. Lubrication is your friend for moving parts. :) Very good stuff.
  • saturn1968saturn1968 Posts: 2
    i sometimes have a similar noise in my sedona. it seems to be from the a/c heat motor.
  • colfaxwolfcolfaxwolf Posts: 11
    Anyone found out what this is yet? We have taken our '06 van to the dealership once and they could not figure it out. They thought it may be something to do with the computer but it started again as soon as I got home. Whenever we cut the van off the knocking comes from behind the glove box about 5 times.
  • alfiedwalfiedw Posts: 3
    Do you have a cd in the cd player? Sometimes when we would shut off the motor on our '02 the cd player would knock about a half-dozen times or so. It didn't really matter if it was playing or not, such as if you were listening to the radio when you shut the car off. It would also happen when you'd just shut the radio off sometimes. Intermittent problem; didn't always happen.
  • sh65sh65 Posts: 3
    I dont have any loud noises but I do experience weird problems on and off with my a/c vents. I will set it to floor only and after a few minutes it will switch to dashboard vents by itself. Or I will set it to blow through both and it will switch to floor only. If I turn it off and back on that seems to fix it usually. The other recent problem I have now is that it doesnt blow ice cold air all the time. It will be cold for a few minutes, then outside air temp..then somewhat cold..then back to very cold...and on and off that way. Other times it stays cold. I am thinking maybe the compressor is going out or i have a refrigerant leak, but at 3 1/2 yrs of age the van shouldnt have ANY a/c problems. I dont even live in an area where I use the AC more than 4-5 months out of the year. Between this problem and my continuous brake issue, I have tried to find a lemon law lawyer and contacted KIA headquarters but they wont call me back. Im at a loss at this point as to what to do.
  • ssj0808ssj0808 Posts: 3
    I was having the same problem and they ended up replacing my expansion valve.Just got it back yesterday and so far no noise. My van is a Kia Sedona
  • I just bought a 2003 Kia Sedona! It is making a noise on the front Passanger side of the van. It is coming from the engine compartment. It get s louder with excelleration. It goes away when you get to about 70mph. I am thinking that it is a transmission problem? Has anyone had this experience? I would like to get it fixed before my extended warranty runs out. I just bought the KIA and my bank is holding the check until the dealership fixes it! Wow what a loan officer I have! Shes great!Anyone that could nelp me, it would be appreciated! Thanks jay!
  • mins25mins25 Posts: 3
    I had same problem spray WD40 on rear door lock noise will go away.
  • vince17vince17 Posts: 19
    Have a look at your luggage rack on top of the van .Reposition the support bars if they are adjustable ,perhaps this will help
  • I have a 2006 Sedona EX. First off after the experience with my 04 i LOVE this car and this is the first time I had any concerns with it. In the past 2 weeks my car sounded like it had aged 60 years. When i would first start out of a parking spot, run over a dip in the road, turned into my driveway that is on an up hill or hit unevn payment the car made loud, crunching metal noises especially on the left front side. I looked in all the forums and online and didn't find anything much (reason why i am posting this) on the 06 Sedona having this problem but had an idea that it might be the bushings on the front end. I took the car in today to the dealer and found out that the "cradle bushings" as the dealer called it, or sway bar bushings are known to wear abnomally on the 06. I was happy again that my dealer was aware of the issue and they took care of it under warranty (45000 miles on car) for me! After bad dealings with the dealer i bought both my cars from I am so happy i have finally found one that is about a half hour away from me that knows what is going on. :)