Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,675
    have you heard anything new about your new Dunlop tire order?

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• cargirl24cargirl24 Posts: 2
    hi just wanted to pass on some info from a different site. It has been found that the lancer does have a problem with 'pulling to the left' and it cannot be fixed with just a front end alignment. the other site stated that lancers come preset with a postive camber on the left wheel and a neg. camber on the right wheel which the car pulls to the positive camber (left) but the lancer does not have adjustable camber from stock you have to have camber bolts installed then correct the camber. hope this helps guys
  • cargirl24cargirl24 Posts: 2
    i just purchaased a 2009 lancer ES with sport package. it has the 2.0L mivec cvt. the Lancer GTS only has the 2.4L (DE and ES comes only with 2.0L) I love my 09 lancer and yes you can get it with nav,sun and sport, only thing you cant get as a option on the DE and ES is the 2.4L. :shades:
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    Can anyone tell me where the Lancer is made and if by UAW or CAW ?
  • UPDATED:

NEW TIRES ARRIVED AND THEY HAVE BEEN PUT ON VEHICLE TODAY. PULLING TO THE LEFT HAS STOP COMPLETELY....

PLEASE NOT THE COMMENT MADE ABOUT THE CAMBER SETTINGS ON THE NEW LANCERS AND HOW THEY ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE - "EXCELLENT INFORMATION AS WELL!" :D

-JOHN-
  • CarGril24-

This is very good information you have found here...I am pleased to say that the 4 new tires put on my 09 has stopped the pulling to the left. A mechanic did tell me about the camber information but not nearly as detailed as the stuff you found.

Great work!
    -John-
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Posts: 92
    The Lancer models are currently made only in Japan.

There are no Mitsubishi vehicles manufactured in Canada at this time.

Mitsubishi models currently manufactured by UAW members consist of the Galant, Galant Sport and Galant Ralliart, the Endeavor suv, the Eclipse GS and GT and the Spyder GS and GT.

They are made by UAW local 2488 at Normal Illinois.
    Thanks, I was hoping that the UAW website was not up to date reguarding the Lancer. My company requires that all company cars be union made . I really like the Lancer but will have to cross it off my short list.
    out there who will cross a car off of their potential purchase list because its not made by union hands? Is this really a true type of thing?

My '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS in Rally Red and automatic CVT transmission and Sun and Sound package is running strong at 21,812 miles. And I recently had a 4-wheel alignment done, as well as a wheel balance job and a tire rotation. The mechanics said that the inside of my tires "were being beaten up" and I needed a 4-wheel alignment. I got it done, the car is tracking straight and hopefully the tires will not get beaten up any more. I can't see any early wear spots on my 18" Dunlops, but apparently the mechanics did. I gained some peace of mind getting this work done, ala useful maintenance.

Anyway, no harm no foul. My OEM Dunlop's are treating my Lancer GTS right and I will buy Goodyear or Dunlop performance tires when I need new tires again. That will be another year or so, or at about the 40,000 mile-mark, I predict. I love my Lancer GTS and have the utmost respect for Mitsubishi as carbuilders. I am keenly interested in their new i-MIEV all-electric vehicle. Love it's design and want to learn more about it.

• rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    Thanks, I was hoping that the UAW website was not up to date reguarding the Lancer. My company requires that all company cars be union made . I really like the Lancer but will have to cross it off my short list.

What company do you work for?
    I work for a small union construction contractor. A union made car is mandatory to get on some job sites.

My short list is now Corolla, Mazda6, Matrix or Malibu Hybrid.
  • I'm going to buy my very first car this summer and i chose the lancer. I got some issues about the RCA audio input. Do you have to get a certain lancer trim, ES, ES-S or GTS? Do you have to buy the lancer with the Sun and sound package? Or do trims and packages don't matter for getting them?
    Not a bad list.

Since there does not seem to be an anti-Japanese bias in your company I would suggest you consider the UAW built Galant. The MIVEC 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power combined with respectable fuel mileage. While it cannot be considered ultra hi-tech, it is a solid meat n potatoes vehicle and currently selling at a very attractive price, probably for less than the cars on your short list. Also has one of the best warranties on the market.

Take a few minutes and check one out.
  • mikevegas06mikevegas06 Posts: 272
    May 21, 2008 -- CYPRESS, CA --
    On the heels of the successful introduction of the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR, Mitsubishi Motors announces the availability of the more technologically-advanced 2008 Lancer Evolution MR, the newest and most sophisticated version of the model series that began 16 years ago.

Shown coming off the production line in Japan, the Lancer Evolution MR arrives at showrooms in the U.S. in June and is available for a suggested retail price of $38,290. The MR features more user technology and a broader market appeal than the entry level GSR, including an advanced 6-speed Twin Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission.

The Lancer Evolution MR is available with an optional technology package for $40,840 that includes a 30GB hard drive navigation system with music server, 650-watt Rockford-Fosgate Premium Sound System, pre-paid Sirius Satellite Radio capability and FAST Key entry, which allows passive vehicle unlocking and engine start/stop simply by carrying the remote control and grasping the handle.

Since its introduction earlier this year, the tenth-generation 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR has met positive reactions across the industry for maintaining a balance of core performance values and improved all-around capability and user-technology:

"Like every previous Lancer Evolution, the Evo X redeems its various idiosyncrasies with a fantastic engine and drivetrain." -- Automobile
    "The car is impressive, not only for the gains in performance and handling, but also the subtle transformation from hardcore rally racer to high performance all-wheel-drive sports sedan." - AutoWeek
    "The Evo X drives like nothing else in the world." -- Car and Driver
    "Mitsubishi has strengthened the Evo's slick-shifting five-speed manual for the tuner crowd. Shifter is nearly perfect." -- Edmunds Inside Line
    "Whether manual tabbed or left in auto, S-Sport gear changes are brutally quick with the kind of shift violence seen only in Italian exotics." -- MotorTrend
    "Is the new EVO better than before? -- The answer is a resounding 'yes.'" -- MSN Autos
    "Bottom line: It's drive-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, four-wheel fun." -- Popular Mechanics
    "The new Lancer Evolution is no longer just for weekend boy racers; it has evolved into a complete sports sedan, one with enough of a wild side to thrill anyone." -- Road & Track
    "The introduction of the 2008 Lancer Evolution MR with TC-SST gives us an opportunity to expand upon the existing Evolution customer base," said Dan Kuhnert, executive vice president of sales and marketing for MMNA. "The added capability and functionality of the new Lancer Evolution vehicles make them a more viable option for everyday driving, while maintaining the rally-inspired heritage that has made the series a global performance car icon."

Both 2008 Lancer Evolution models will be on display at the 2008 Mitsubishi Owner's Day taking place in Cypress, CA on July 19, 2008.

Mitsu News Room
  • Unfortunately I have an 09 Lancer GTS, and it is only 1 month old with 1500 miles on it. It has had many problems since the day I bought it! First trim pieces were coming loose, then one of the door hinges came loose creating a popping sound every time I opened it, then the grill kept popping out so I had to pop it in everyday, and the car had vibration in the steering wheel at over 65mph, and then yesterday my muffler came loose almost dragging the ground, and then today I was driving home and my check engine light came on, so I called the dealership again (I already had one appointment a week in advance to get the above items mentioned fixed) to see if they could get me in any sooner and they said they couldn't, so I drove it home and later was leaving my steep driveway in reverse when my transmission went out causing reverse to lurch forward like it was in drive crashing into my friends truck, demolishing the front end. After that the car would not move at all and barely ran. I called the dealership and was very furious, Mitsubishi opened a case on it and is to get in touch with me tomorrow, I don't want the car anymore, I want my money back (preferably) or the same model without the CVT (POS). Is that a likely situation??? I do not want my car because of all of the problems... tranny, engine, exhaust, body damage (including fenders, hood, bumper, and headlights, plus all of the other little things and electrical probs. The car only has 1500 miles and I've owned less than a month! Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? It could have killed someone! BTW, besides taking a week to get it in the shop. they told me to wire up the exhaust until then (What a joke!!!!!!) My opinion do not buy!!!
    Would you mind telling us the name and location of the Mitsubishi dealer where you purchased this vehicle?
  • mbcowboymbcowboy Posts: 7
    Well I sure would not recommend that dealership to anyone. If they are only concerned about selling a car and not looking after their customer base, its not worth dealing with them. Dealership loyalty and owner word of mouth does mean alot. If i was not getting satisfaction, i would be making sure future car owners knew about it. I would steer them away from buying a lemon from an unscrupious dealership.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    My opinion do not buy!!!

=) And you forgot to mention too that your Lancer pulls to the left, and that you almost killed your neighbor's dog Fifi because of that. And you also forgot to tell them about how you almost got killed in the freeway because your brakes didn't work. How about that left side mirror that fell off as you were pulling out of Walmart last Tuesday?

=)
    oh, yeah, I've seen posts like that one before. Years ago reading one like that on the net I would've perked up one eye as I read them, and wondered. Now they have become pretty good "bias-type" entertainment posts, ala George Carlin comedy. Hee-hee!

• lancerfanlancerfan Posts: 17
    I finally got my 09 lancer yesterday :D drove it about 500km home and couldnt be happier with it. After test driving a gt and a gts i had to get the gts with the bigger engine. Everything about this car is amazing!! Great looks outside and inside plus the paddle shifters, bluetooth and built in satelite radio is pretty sweet. Looks and feels like a much more expensive car...although gas milege is a little disappointing. I'm just hoping that once the engine is broken in ill see some better numbers.
This discussion has been closed.