Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Camry

Comments

• exlerexler Posts: 129
    I assume you had it done lately---does it remove that vibration completely? Was there any hassle with the dealer where you had to demonstrate it on the road as mine will only do it in particular circumstance and I do not want to drive it all over the county to try to show them--in other words did they take your word that it happens??? Thanks.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    removes it completely.

I walked in, handed a copy of the TSB (great dealership and working relationship), said I needed that since I had the vibration, done deal.

Schedule an appointment, tell them you have symptoms (that read similar to the TSB). Tell them you were doing some internet research, and found this TSB , which 'may' address the problem.

They'll read the TSB, put your VIN number into the computer to check that it applies to your vehicle, and then do the TSB.

It's really easy.
    Thanks for the info on this situation-- it is appreciated---Is there any way to get this complete TSB on the internet---I saw it on the NHTSA board on Service Bulletins but it just give the basics on what it addressed and it cannot be copied.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    I posted the link for the TSB in one of the Toyota Camry forums in Townhall recently - do a search for it, probably within the last month. I have said many times that this TSB is great, only takes 30 minutes, and makes a huge difference in performance, with no negative affects.
  • santocssantocs Posts: 54
    Hi,

I did my TSBs' couple of months back and after that my 4 Cyl camry has been very smooth except while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear but i am not used to it.
    But since last 2 weeks i am experiencing little vibration in the accelerator pedal during the speeds of 35 to 45 Miles per hour. Its not the car which is vibrating but i feel little vibration in the pedal.. as it if putting some pressure against my leg.

Has anybody experienced it?
    That is the TSB 0069 -08 we are talking about --right? --not the TSB 0068-08----I know the 0068 addresses the shifting performance and smoothness problem while the 0069 addresses the vibration problem--I only have the vibration problem. Thanks.
    What TSB did you have done--the 0068-08 or the 0069-08? --Thanks for the help.
  • The lowest price quote I can get now (Texas,dallas) is $18,799 (after $1000 rebate), dealer added options are:
    Selected Options and Packages
    Code Description Code Description
    FE 50 State Emissions
    CF Carpet Mat Set
    - Carpet Floor Mats
    - Rear Trunk Mat

Does it mean all these options are included in the price?

And how's the price ? do you think it's fair or not?

Thanks !
    I would assume model years 07-08-09 as they are the same transmission--are you having the vibration problem between 30-45 mph range?--the TSB-0069-08 applies to that problem--maybe your Canadian dealer can check it out on his computer some way --do not know if that is any help? Or they can check with the factory rep.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Geez, thats funny as my sister and I had the complete opposite results. Hers was 1.337% slower and .998 noisier plus on two lane roads it kept going to the left side of the road like it was still in Japan.
    You need to check the air pressure in your tires, need to have 35.64 psi ;)
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Posts: 205
    You need to order some Japanese air to pump up your sister's car tires and keep it in top shape. :sick:
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    I'd say this is normal based on how my '05 Camry (with the 4-cylinder and 5-speed automatic) behaves. The engine IS bogging down; this is supposedly done to maximize fuel economy. The solutions are as you stated, to give the car more gas or ease up on the gas. Another is to downshift manually into 4th gear when driving around town at low speeds. Just remember to upshift again to 5th (overdrive) when you go faster.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    I personally wouldn't worry about a "little" vibration in the accelerator pedal. I mean even wearing different shoes could affect how this feels.
    There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) which fixes this (at least there is one in the US), go see your dealer.
  • cfinkcfink Posts: 1
    I have purchased a toyota camry le with fabric in metallic gray. Have not picked it up yet.....the dealer offers a paint and fabric protection . I know how my car looks after 5 years and was wondering if anyone has ever done this........?
    What would you advise? It will cost me $5 more per month on my 1.9% financing.
    Thanks
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    all that does is line the dealers pocket.
  • notmybmwnotmybmw Posts: 101
    Here's the best advice you will ever get for "protecting" the exterior of your car:
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER take your car through an automated carwash.

If you have time to drive to a carwash, you have time to whip out a hose and HAND wash your car.
    1. Wet it all over and let the dust/dirt soak
    2. Wash with a very diluted solution of mild dish or handsoap from a bucket using a large wool or sheepskin mitt. Rinse each section after soaping. (by section, I mean roof, then hood/trunk, then windows, then doors, then bumpers/rocker panels, then wheels/tires.......in that order, so that your wash water starts with the cleanest sections first and ends up with the dirtiest ones (tires).
    3. Wipe down with a good chamois to prevent water streaking while drying.

There are 'exotic' car cleaning systems, but this method is cheap, fast and easy and will keep your factory finish looking like NEW for 10 years or more. Guaranteed!

For interior, save your money and have it professionally shampooed if/when you sell the car......or when you think YOU want to see a cleaner interior.

Enjoy your new baby!! (I'm envious.....driving my OLD 2007)
    Scotty
    kiawah--For the vibration problem on the LE 4 cylinder between 30-45 mph, did you have the dealer do the TSB 0068 or the TSB 0069??--. I know on this board we are mainly referring to the TSB-0068 and its relation to enhance shifting performance and smoothness during acceleration, so I want to get this correct. The TSB-0069 relates to the vibration problem Thanks for the info.