Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Camry

Comments

• notmybmwnotmybmw Posts: 101
    Hmmmmmmm. I wonder if they updated that on the 08 models. Could have sworn it was my horn, not a beeper, and that's why I had it shut down. It was damned loud, whatever it was.....and totally unnecessary. The clunk of the mechanism can be easily heard from 20 feet away, which is all the indication you need that the locks are down.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    My Porsche sounds the horn if all is secure but a beeper if anything is a problem, glove box slightly ajar, sunroof, etc.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    GM sets theirs to toot the horn only if you press it twice. First time locks them and second time is for the newbe. Most of their cars can be programed a few different ways.
  • I purchased a new 2009 Toyota Camry from the dearlership in July 2008. I test drove a camry before buying it and it was nice, no big complaints. I called the dealership to inform my rep that I had decided to purchase the car, to go ahead and have it cleaned up ready to go for me when I got there, I did not want to be there 4 hours signing and waiting for them. Long story short, after 2 weeks of driving the car and came time for the first detail (from me) I noticed several spots on the car of where the paint had "dirt" underneath the paint or in the paint. Took car to a local body shop, they told me I needed to have toyota dealership to correct the problem and also have them look into the paint quality. There was no wax on the car and there were already spots in the paint where the clear coat was not applied correctly and it was a bad paint job. Took car in, waxed the car and it looked good. But they ignored my concerns with the dirt under the paint. The longer i have the car, the more spots i notice. It seems to be on all 4 doors under the window seal and inside the door frame. I have spoken to the service manager and still no luck. All they keep saying is we need to repaint the car, repaint the car.. I do not want my 2009 car repainted. I want the car replaced. What should I do? Thanks!
  • notmybmwnotmybmw Posts: 101
    Yeah, as I recall with my Pontiac Montana van, I could literally program the key myself (using the single page instructions I received when buying a replacement key off eBay).
    It could be programmed for 1. horn, no lights, 2. lights, no horn, 3. lights AND horn....or 4. neither horn NOR lights.
    The system was great....and I assume Toyota would have "stolen" similar technology (you know, along with the nuclear sub propeller designs!!....LOL)
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    My 2004 and 2005 Camrys have the remote keyless with only the beeps (and turn signal flashers). I think you can program other settings, but I'm not positive about that.

On the 2006 Kia Sedona van at work, the first press locks the doors silently; the second press toots the horn.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    There's no way you are going to get a replacement car (at no cost) for what sounds to me like minor paint defects.

I'd refuse a repaint also; my suggestion is just to live with the problem. Some of the defects are inside the door frame? Why worry about those?

I like my cars to be "perfect" also, but there's always the reality of that first door ding or bumper "tap."
    About 3 years ago while at the Detroit Auto Show I saw a Rolls with a paint defect right near the rear door pull but on the 1/4 panel and this was about a $400,000 car. So be thankful you didn't pay that much. You buy a cheaper car you can't expect it to be perfect, after all it is built by humans.
  • atb2atb2 Posts: 30
    You buy a cheaper car you can't expect it to be perfect, after all it is built by humans.

And robots... My '09 LE isn't perfect either, but more than acceptable. I try and look beyond the flaws and to not major on the minors..
    Robots, how could I forget and they are the ones that do most painting in newer plants too but not their fault if it isn't a clean invirement. Only problem with robots is they don't buy cars.
  • I have an '08 Camry SE that came equipped with TOYO Proxes J33. In the Camry brochure, it stated that all -season tires were available as a no cost option. I ordered the car and requested the all-season rubber simply because I wanted the longer tread life. I was later informed by Toyota that, because of logistics, it may take as long as 6 MONTHS to get those tires. WTF? While I'm happy with the TOYO's, I'm not looking forward to replacing twice as often.
  • Does anybody know what the cash rebate/financing incentives will be after Jan 5, 09?

Trying to figure out if Jan 5 is the last opportunity to snag a 2009 LE with $1000 rebate or 0% financing. Thanks for any help.
    I doubt if they will be any worse as the economy hasn't inproved any and I doubt if toyota is selling cars like hotcakes. No one outside of upper Toyota officials know what they will offer next. Dealer may try to con you into buying now saying this is as good as it gets. Tell him to put that in writting and pay you the difference if the incentives do get better and see what he has to say.
  • Thanks, that's a good idea.
  • andie4andie4 Posts: 12
    I have had a lot of back problems since I got my 2009 Camry Hybrid. The seat feels like a metal rod is in the center and the fabric feels all bunched up in the seam at the back part of the seat. I have been back to the dealer with no real results. They said they adjusted the heater elements and trimmed the seam although there isn't any difference. I have a call in to Toyota Customer Care and am waiting to hear back from them. My seat is so uncomfortable that I am thinking I will have to sell the car just to get rid of my back ache. I feel like I am sitting on lemons!
  • Yes. They have extended for 3 more days in baltimore,md. Its toyotathon so i think its nation wide.
  • yes.....i got an se 4 cylinder attach is the quote they gave me

Here is the quote and information you have requested.

Model: 2009 Toyota Camry SE 4-cyl Automatic Transmission (White)
    MSRP.................... $24,209.00

Your Price..............$21,095.00
    Rebate..................
    Net Price...............$20,095.00

F CA California Emissions: In Certain Areas,
    F QB Sport Convenience Package: EC Rearview
    F RF Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler
    P CF Carpet/Trunk Mat Set
  • atb2atb2 Posts: 30
    The SE model looks awesome, but I didn't get because of the fixed rear seat backs, so be aware of this.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I've got the flip down rear seats, have never used them in 3 years.........
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I've got the flip down rear seats, have never used them in 3 years (daily driver).........