Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Camry

mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
Just to keep things interesting and maintain the Numero Uno best selling car in America, Toyota is releasing the 2009 Camry in January 21st of 2008. Yes you read it right here folks. 2009 Coming in. Reason keep ahead of the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Hyundai Sonata, and other wanna be's.

"Camry, the best-selling passenger car in America, redefines global standards for comfort and performance. The new base MSRP for the 2009 Camry sedan ranges from $18,720 for the base grade with a four-cylinder engine and five-speed manual transmission to $28,270 for the premium XLE grade with a V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission.

The 2009 Camry sedan combined base MSRP increases by $150, or 0.7 percent. 2009 Camry Hybrid will have a new base MSRP of $25,350. The Camry Hybrid combined base MSRP increases by $150, or 0.6 percent.

The 2009 Camry arrives in dealerships on January 21, 2008."

Mack strikes again!

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    That'll be a short model year for the 2008's!
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    It was a short model year for the 07's also.
    Mack
    :shades:
  • So there are no body/engine changes to the 09 Camry?
  • would this apply to Canadian dealers as well? I'm in the market for a car and will gladly wait for 09s if it's in Jan.
    I don't see any changes to the body yet. That is usually done on the 4th year of a redesign. They maybe an change to the engine and more standard equipment such as VSC on the 4 cylinder. I'll have more as I get it.
    Mack :shades:
    Not sure about Canada. I'll find out.
    Mack
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Actually, the '07 had a very long model year - released in Feb. 06, thru Aug. 07.
  • I think Toyota should introduce the 2010 Camry in Feb. 2008. :confuse:
    Actually the 07 was released in March of 06. I'm getting confused now with all these early releases they've doing since. So now the 09 Camry is going to upstage the 09 Corolla and Matrix which are scheduled to be released on Feb 11th, 2008.
    Mack :shades:
    '
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I think Toyota should introduce the 2010 Camry in Feb. 2008.

There is some sort of regulation that says the MY can only be one year ahead of the year in which the vehicle is released. But your point is well-taken. ;)
  • carzzzcarzzz Posts: 282
    I was anticipating valvematic would be introduced for all 4 cylinder camry for MY 2009 (about 190+ hp). Now i would highly doubt it, since the Matrix/Corolla XRS is using the same old 4 cylinder (158 hp). I am expecting stability control be standard, and possible minor facelift. (ie. corolla, matrix, and sienna have MMC on the 3rd model yr)
    VSC should be standard, image
    however it's one year too early for a facelift.

Camry has been on a 5 year cycle since the 1992 model year and the refresh occurs on the 4th year of the redesign. However, the way Toyota's been doing things lately it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they put a refresh on the car.

It may look like this:

We'll see next month.
  • the grille reminds me of a VW
    overall it looks rather nice, though I know a lot of ppl will say its boring.
    they have to include VSC what with Honda giving it on the Accord :P

Don't forget us Canucks!
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    That will be great if the VSC becomes standard -- it will end the difficulty of finding it on LE 4-cylinder models.

Let's hope the facelift is added as well -- it'll get rid of the current car's most unsightly feature: the grille with the "hanging" Toyota emblem.

Thanks for the info!
  • Well there are a few things that need to be added to the camry to make it perfect:
    More horse power between 175-190+ hp for the 4cyl.

VSC should become standard at this point in time, since it will be madatory on 2011

Make all colors, power seat and alarm available = standard in all models

Body wise, maybe some refine ment on the inside and the tail.

If they do so, no matter what car you throw out there, it will be the winner

any ideas if the 2010 will come on july/august 2008 or so?
    No idea on the 2010. I imagine they will let the 2009 have a long model year then introduce the 2010 as a refresh.

The unsightly nose and hood ornament on the Camry is actually a safety feature. It was designed to minimize injuries to a pedestrian in the event of an accident. The nose actually "gives" to cushion the impact.
    Mackabee
  • interesting, i will be honest, i will probably leave it as it is and add the previously mentioned safety feutures. I was just wondering since someone mentioned the july/august kick off. i will definetelly buy mine next year.
    Traditionally the Camry has always been introduced in Aug/Sep.
    With this generation they switched intros on us and brought it in March of 06. I think what they are trying to do is keep the momentum going. The Landcruiser was just introduced a month ago. The 2008 Sequoia hit dealerships today! The 09 Camry will be here in January. The 09 Corolla and Corolla Matrix get here in February and who knows what else they have in the works for March!. Oh yeah, the Tundra diesel is coming too although I don't have a firm date on that one yet. Stay tuned. :shades:
  • tuffytuffy Posts: 63
    I was in Vietnam last month for 3 weeks and the 2007 Camry there looks exactly like your photo. The Vietnam/Asia version of the Camry looked exactly like a Lexus as the front lights were slightly bigger, the grill was chrome, and the rear lights were all red and slightly widers. It was a much more luxurious looking vehicle than the US version. A number of Americans in my group commented on how nice the Vietnam version looked.

I called Toyota to suggest the 2010 refresh should look exactly like the current version in Vietnam as it was a really sharp looking vehicle and would complete more favorably with the new Accord which is very classy looking with it BMW looks.

I also sugggested Toyota make the keyless ignition standard across all XLE and SE versions (4 and 6 cylinder engines). Do you think that will happend as the keyless entry, being a luxury feature, should be available on all XLEs regardless of the engine.

Do you think Toyota will also improve the 4 cylinder in 2010 by adding more horsepower, increasing gas mileage, and continuning to improve on it's smoothness and quietness so it will rival the the 6 cylinder?

Thanks for comments from anyone!
    Will the 2009 Camry have any refreshed looks, more features, upgraded 4 cylinder engine? Will it be a refreshed version of the current model or just be labeled a 2009 and have only a few minor changes? This means the 2008 version will only be out about 5 months, Sept 07 to Jan 08.

The current Camry is scheduled for a refresh with the 2010 model, will this be the refresh?
    tuffy, I believe the 09 Camry will be the same as the 08 but with VSC standard and maybe some other features. The 08 Accord has standard VSC so Toyota wants to compete with the same equipment. Both vehicles should be within dollars of each other on the MSRP.
    The refresh will be 2010, but I doubt they will give us the Aurion or Lexus look. They seem to save that for Lexus so they can charge more money.
    We'll see next month.
    Mack
    Mackabee, where did you get the picture of a possible Carny refresh. This looks very very similar to the current Camry in Vietnam that is so nice looking?
    There's a few countries that sell two versions of the Camry. This was a question I posed to members some time ago. The winner of the correct answer would have won dinner for two at my cousin Angel's Mexican restaurant in sunny Virginia Beach, Va. No one could tell me.
    Now there's actually three. I'll give you a clue. One of them is a shrimp on the barbie kind of place and the other is where the Lord of the Kings were filmed. The other I'll let you guess.
    :)
    Mackabee

This is the Vietnamese Camry. Looks better than ours to me.
    Diamond white pearl. Another color we don't get in the Camry unless it's an anniversary edition. :(
  • acco20acco20 Posts: 208
    And a beautiful color it is............................
  • sphlsphl Posts: 7
    Anybody know if they are going to redesign the console? I find the cheap blue plastic very very ugly - I love everything else about the car. If they are changing that, I am going to wait till Jan :)
    No, the console will stay the same. Are you talking about the blue display?
    Mack
  • The ENTIRE car will stay the same for 2009.
  • not a single thing? not even getting stability control standard?
    Maybe, maybe not. We will see in about four weeks.
    ;)
    Mackabee
    VSC