Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook Noises and Sounds

2»

Comments

• We have and they are covering most of the repair. In the end we think it should have been paid for in full but Im glad they are working with us.
  • Thank you for getting back with me, and I am glad to hear that you are in touch with Customer Assistance already. Please let us know how the repair turns out!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • manny49manny49 Posts: 1
    I,just got a saturn oulook 2008 3 days ago and I just found out there was recalls for this type of suv Iwould like to know if I still can go for it can anybody tell me about?
  • spooky1966spooky1966 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    Call a local GM dealer and give them the VIN. Tell them you want to know if there are any open recalls on this car. If there are, they will fix it. Ours was built late in 2008 so we did not get the wiper motor replaced. Although the wiper transmission froze and had to be replaced last year. (we don't drive it in bad weather and it died from lack of use). The electrical stuff I believe is the rear brake light harnesses, which we had replaced on ours. The other issue we experienced, that is not part of the recall, was a melting of the connector of the low beam headlights. I believe it was a H9 connector. We ordered ceramic ones from AutoZone ($25 each) and I removed wheel wheel skirts and replaced the the connectors that way. If you follow the book, you have to remove the bumper and grill to get the lights out. If you go to the dealer, they will do it my way and charge you for the book way.

I should tell you that we really love that car :) and we plan to have it a long time. Hope it helps you.

Recall Search engine

Results : 3 | All records displayed
    Make: SATURN Model: OUTLOOK
    Model Year: 2008
    Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Mfr's Report Date: AUG 06, 2008
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V410000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A
    Component: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:LINKAGES

Check to Request Research. Submit below. Get Summary
    Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Mfr's Report Date: AUG 27, 2008
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V441000 NHTSA Action Number: EA08010
    Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Check to Request Research. Submit below. Get Summary
    Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Mfr's Report Date: JUN 04, 2010
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V240000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A
    Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning manny49,

Congratulations on your new Outlook!

As spooky1966 said, you can contact your dealership to learn more information about recalls, or if you wanted to do it over the internet, send and email to us at socialmedia@gm.com with the last 8 digits of your VIN and we'll get you recall information as well.

Safety recalls do not have any mileage or time parameters, and so will not expire. If there are open recalls, we can certainly get those taken care of for you!

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dmitriyvdmitriyv Posts: 1
    I bought my 08 saturn outlook a year ago and now my ac is making a wierd brief noise when i press the ac button, it only does it for 1 second when i press the botton, its like a springy noise, and then after it it works perfectly Can someone please tell me whats going on?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    dmitriyv,
    I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. I would recommend having the dealer take a look at it next time you are in for service. Please keep me updated.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • mjh2mjh2 Posts: 2
    My 2008 Outlook squeeks like rubber on rubber when you turn the steering wheel. The longer you drive the worse it gets. Anybody have an idea on what it is and what it takes to fix?
  • kyra4kyra4 Posts: 3
    Hey i have the same noise looking for a soulition?? My 2007 Outlook squeeks like rubber on rubber when you turn the steering wheel. The longer you drive the worse it gets. Anybody have an idea on what it is and what it takes to fix?

Help please!!!
  • kyra4kyra4 Posts: 3
    well the noise in steering wheel is still there.......any one have any ideas??
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    Good morning kyra4,

Have you had any luck getting this checked out since your last post? If we can check into anything for you, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
2»